Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default Bizarre Knee NSV

I have a knee condition currently called a plica. Its causing me lots of problems and its going to be operated on next week.

Anywho, was just doing some additional research on the condition and surgery. Came across this quote:

Quote:
The primary symptom caused by plica syndrome is pain. There may also be a snapping sensation along the inside of the knee as the knee is bent. This is due to the rubbing of the thickened plica over the round edge of the thighbone where it enters the joint. This usually causes the plica to be tender to the touch. In thin people, the tissue that forms the plica may be actually be felt as a tender band underneath the skin. In rare cases where the plica has become severely irritated, the knee may become swollen.
Other than the rather sad realization that my plica is, in fact, "severely irritated" (swelling, swelling, and more swelling), I reached down to see if I could feel my plica. HOLY HECK - I saw the MRI, and I know where it should be, and THERE IT IS. Checked on the other side and its definitely not there...so....

I'm a "thin person".

LOL.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sweet!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

A silver lining indeed. Hope your knee feels better!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote