General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation OK, Keira Knightly IS too thin - here's the photo!

This photo was taken just the other day. So, she IS that thin!!! YIKES!!!
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...htly_getty.jpg
Taken in London, after the Venice film festival...
SCARY!

Last edited by freiamaya; 09-05-2007 at 06:01 PM.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #2  
Addicted to potato salad!

She has the figure of a 12-year-old boy...in my opinion. And that dress looks like some kids TP's her on halloween!! What was she thinking???
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

I think she is just a naturally skinny person...I feel kinda bad for her, I'd hate be that skinny. It's probably hard for her to gain weight.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #4  
On the Path again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

She wasn't always THAT skinny.
jeepifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #5  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

OK, catty remark coming: It's just a matter of time before she gets breast implants (or bigger ones, if she had them already). That's the problem with dieting down that far: your breasts disappear as well, and women can't work in Hollywood for long without at least average sized breasts. (Even with plastic surgery, actresses have, on average, a much shorter, um, "shelf life," than actors.)

End catty remark.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:09 AM   #6  
sfj

When the movie King Arthur came out in the U.S. they digitally enhanced her on the movie posters. The posters for other countries they left alone.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #7  
banned

I think it's the ability to count each and every rib that makes her photo so sad...
Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I think she IS naturally thin. She probably follows some sort of health/fitness regimen, as most famous people do, but she has a small frame and has always been pretty skinny. (Celebrities who are not meant to be thin include Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ritchie, and Mischa Barton, of course. They all have medium bone structures and looked HEALTHY before Hollywood contaminated them! )

One reason why actresses get so tiny (of course, they blow this ENTIRELY out of proportion) is that the camera really DOES add between ten and twenty pounds. I was pursuing acting hardcore for about a year or two (and I've been on several TV shows, though obviously not as a main character) and was APPALED by how FAT my 5'6'5", 125 pound self looked on camera! I lost ten pounds just so I could be semi-ok with my looks on TV, and debated losing ten more, but didn't because if I got below 110, I knew I would no longer have C cups.

Hollywood is f-ed up. I wish everyone would start a revolution and stop hating their bodies so much.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

There were articles about her saying she was anorexic and she came back defending herself saying she has always been naturally thin. I've never seen her weight fluctuate like Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Hilary Duff. Those girls all lost weight because they thought they were "fat". I see Keira Knightly being the type of person who doesn't care about her looks as much as she cares about her career, she's talented unlike the girls I listed above.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If the camera adds ten pounds, my goodness how thin is she in "real" life.

I think it's funny that when it comes to celebrities, we accept "naturally thin," as an acceptable answer, but not "naturally plump." Actresses who are thin by normal standards and even height and weight charts are literally ridiculed in the press for being gigantically fat.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #11  
sfj

Here are some pictures of her not as thin. I do believe she is naturally thin, but lately has taken it farther.

sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #12  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

The camera adds 10 pounds BEFORE the other 20 pounds that get added if someone is watching on wide-screen TV!! Those things are for football games, not for looking at individual human beings. Ever notice how on wide-screen if a person extends their arm out to the side their arm suddenly looks about four feet long and really skinny? Just standing there a person looks so wide. Stupid distorting screens. What is THAT going to do to the quest for looking good on camera???
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #13  
banned

I don't think this is a question as to whether or not she has an eating disorder, or whether or not she is a talented actress...She's JUST TOO THIN! I don't care HOW "naturally thin" you might be, being able to count all your ribs and see your sternum bones ISN'T NATURAL. Period. She looks old, tired, and, dare I say, hungry?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
The camera adds 10 pounds BEFORE the other 20 pounds that get added if someone is watching on wide-screen TV!! Those things are for football games, not for looking at individual human beings. Ever notice how on wide-screen if a person extends their arm out to the side their arm suddenly looks about four feet long and really skinny? Just standing there a person looks so wide. Stupid distorting screens. What is THAT going to do to the quest for looking good on camera???
yeah, but then EVERYONE looks fat so it evens out!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I would like to remind everyone nicely, that we should be supportive of all women-whether they be too thin, too fat, or somewhere inbetween.

I find it offensive when a trash mag puts a photo of Tyra Banks or Kirstie Alley with a caption under it like "Kirstey up to 300 pounds!" or "Tyra-Cellulite City!"

I agree that Hollywood standards for film and magazine are too extreme, but I don't believe that it is fair to skinny bash. To me, it is the same as fat bashing-judging on appearance and drawing our own conclusions, and not knowing them personally.

Knightley has always been thin, but even with thin people, weight can fluctuate somewhat. It isn't always anorexia or starving-sometimes it can be health reasons, stress, or other factors.

I just saw a headline on another site about Britney Spears being fat after her two kids-and they took her picture at a Taco Bell drive thru. Seriously, she is about 10 pounds over what she normally is-and her second wasn't born that long ago. (I am not a Spears fan, but I sypathize with losing baby weight!) The site made it sound like she gained 100 though...you know how they do.

Bashing is bashing, and we are a *support* site.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote