Old 09-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/185/150

Height: 5'8"

Exclamation Yo-Yoing weight loss

I seem to Yo-Yo when I do my weigh ins. Friday I weighed in at 179 (day after TO) and then by Monday I was down to 175. Then just to make me ever so happy I weighted in today at 178. I have been like this for what seems like forever. I go up and down just little by little. It makes me really want to go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know weighing in at different times of the day will have an effect on this, but sometimes I really get frustrated!!!!!

Does this happen to anyone else out there?

Last edited by nightwatch; 09-05-2007 at 09:55 PM.
nightwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

I think it happens to most all of us from time to time.. For me, it basically meant that my body had adjusted to my menu plan at the time and more needed to be done.. So you have some choices.

1. Change your menu habits.. Have dinner for breakfast, breakfast for lunch and so on.

2. Get your starches in early.. See what happens if you get all your starches in before lunch.

3. Vary your menu.. Try some new recipies and new foods.

4. Do your best to weigh in at the same time, and if possible, do it early in the day before you eat anything.

5. Make sure you get in all your water and then maybe add some.. Also CUT THE SALT!!

6. If all else fails, stress to your COD that you think you might need to change plans.

What have they told you so far?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #3  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Look at that updated avatar, Dan!!! You are just awesome! What an inspiration you are to all of us. Can you make the pics larger so we can really see what a handsome devil you are?
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM   #4  
LAWL since 9/06

I am the queen of yo yoing. I am doing it all the time. I will lose a little, then yo yo, lose a little then yo yo. It really drives me crazy. I am going to change up my menu and see if that helps. I have no COD to go to so it is really trial and error. I also started logging again to help out. Good luck and lets help each other out.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #5  

LizzyW--I seem to be losing and regaining the same 5 lbs, so I know what you mean. But look at you, you have lost 37 lbs!!! That is so awesome!! You have come along way, so pat yourself on the back!!! That is like a dream to me!!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #6  

I'm right there with you. I've been struggling with the same 5 pounds for what seems like forever... I'll lose .6, gain .4... up and down by ounces at a time. I did have a 3.8 pound loss from Monday to Friday 3 weeks ago, but I've been up and down again since. I know it'll eventually start going down again, but it's hard to stay motivated when you're not seeing results. Hang in there!
WITeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #7  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

This also happens to me. I agree that it is soooo frusterating! However, I would like to comment on one of the suggestions that Dan made - VARIETY!

I recently went on vacation for 2 weeks (home to Michigan to visit my family, sister's wedding shower, family reunion). So as you can probably guestimate, it was hard to stay on plan. I did my best and tried to make good choices (with my Dad shoving homemade Rhubarb pie at me), but when I ate something that wasn't on plan I counted it. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous to weigh in when I got home. BUT... low and behold.... I had lost 5 pounds!! I was totally shocked!! My COD said that I had probably lost more than I usually do per week because of the VARIETY. Just wanted to pass that along.
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather115 View Post
Look at that updated avatar, Dan!!! You are just awesome! What an inspiration you are to all of us. Can you make the pics larger so we can really see what a handsome devil you are?
Thanks Heather.. But I'd better not. I don't want to make all your husbands and boyfriends jealous..

Actually, I think the real danger would be from Liz whacking me on the head...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/185/150

I have been changing up my meals from the start, the kinds of food and meals at different times. As for salt I most of the time don't even use any. All that my COD has said is "try eating lighter". Which I have still Yo-Yoing. The girls at the center said that they are thinking of talking to the nutritionist to see what there opinion might be. I am trying my very best to hang in but it is getting frustrating when this happens.
nightwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #10  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

I've been up and down the same 2 pounds or so for about 10 days. I'm thinking of changing up what I eat when. I like structure and need to plan my meals and snacks; otherwise, I end up with a couple exchanges that don't work together for dinnertime and I'm starving. I'm also going from eating 5 meals/snacks a day to 6. In the front of my journal (Plan 2) it gives daily menu options. I've been following Menu 2 for 5 meals/snacks for about 6 weeks now. I'm going to Menu 3 (still on Plan 2) that moves my exchanges around to different times of the day. Maybe that will help.

I have just one question for you fine folks. Menu 3 shows 3 LA Lites a day, but I'm only allowed 2 on my plan. Why would that be? Keep in mind, this is all in the Plan 2 journal so one should be able to safely assume that the 3 menu plans shown all correspond with Plan 2. For those not familiar, Plan 2 allows 2.5P, 3V, 2F, 3S, 2D, 2Fa, 2 Lites.
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

You know it is funny about what Dan said. The week I was most worried about was the one where I worked the Air Show on Saturday and sunday and couldn't bring a cooler. You'all were kind enough to post lots of suggestions and the one thing I was the most concerned about was that they were providing lunch. The first day I had a hamburger on a bun. (Brought some fruit and light cheese, baby carrots in a fanny pack with a frozen bottle of water) and the second day I had four of those roll up sandwiches and brought fruit and veggies to snack on and that week I lost 4.2 pounds. After I picked myself up off the floor at the COD, I realized that what Dan is saying is right. Changing up my meals and apparently eating my heaviest meal for lunch (with 2 starches for the bun and sandwiches) worked ! !

I know it must be frustrating to yo-yo, been there, done that and have a dozen t-shirts, but this is a process. Like everyone says here, our bodies are adjusting to the new way we are eating and our weight will fluctuate from time to time. And, yes, I will try to remember this pep talk when I gain a little, which is sure to happen. Part of the reason I don't want to know what the scale numbers are, just how much I am losing, is because I tend to get fixated on the scale. That is me, has always been me, and will always be me. For now, I just concentrate on my progress and avoid the white devil.

Roberta

Last edited by shshshhh; 09-07-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: forgot my ticker (AGAIN)
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Hi
Yes, go up...go down...go up...oops stayed the same....should write a song! Best to look at big picture...12 lbs in 13 weeks~!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 283.6/262.4/175

Height: 5'9

I got back from vacation on Monday where lots of food, drinks and the like was involved during the weekend. I'm talkin' hamburgers, brauts, stromboli sandwiches, margaritas, jack and cokes (regular cokes - not diet!), fruit loops for breakfast, etc. It was bad. We were staying at a friends house for the weekend so it was basically a free-for all on alcohol and junk food. I didn't even take my journal because I knew I was going to be off plan the entire weekend. The week before we left I had been working out like crazy, following the plan to a "T" and only losing like .04 here or .08. I went to weigh today (first weigh in since leaving for vacation) and just KNEW I was going to be up 5 lbs. Nope. Down 2.2!!! I called my fiance and told him to tell his boss he needs to have next Friday off because we're going back on vacation! LOL. The only thing I can contribute it to is the exercise before we left and the lugging coolers and beach stuff across the beach because I sure didn't work up a sweat going back and forth to the fridge for another drink. LOL
FatGalnAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #14  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

First off, I'm stating my mantra that losing doesn't neccessarily mean pounds. I weigh the same that I did last x-mas, I was wearing a size 12 then, I'm in a size 8 now.

The mixing it up does help. I spent most of last week working massive overtime, and now that I'm maintaining, I wasn't doing the x-mas insulated bag with 3 meals of tupperwear. Well donut breakfasts, chinese and hero lunches, and vending machine junk actually got me down to lower than the weight I started maintaining at. At this point, I really think the body knows what's good for it and adjusts to meet those goals.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote