Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! Sept 3 - 10!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

Hey everyone! I will catch up on post later. been super busy. Got thru the funeral okay and things went really good with his dad and uncle, we are all talking fishing maybe next weekend with his sis too.

I avoided the awful aunt who wanted to donate his body to medical science yet didn't think MOI' should attend. GHis sis said that on that side the aunt and other 2 uncles(finally) stepped up and said they would give her $1,800 for the place in the wall. So looks like we are off the hook for helping.

Canuk, I know exactly what you mean. He IS my ex. But he is also still the dad to my kids. No matter how ugly it got. It is over. Time to heal. But he will always be their dad and I do want his ashes to be at a cemettary somewhere they can visit. That is all they will ever have of him now.

When my mom passed on, she had some stuff set up before hand for the funeral but the rest fell to my grandma, when my dad passed on it was just me and my bro. My grandma stepped in and loaned us the money so we could do it. I know what its like to be broke and not know how we could bury a loved one. God helped us with that situation.

Either way it looks as if we are off the hook so, great on that.

Great news ladies!!!!

Okay so we have an 85 Mercury but it is not big enough for our family of 7. It gets Joe to work and back though and me to the grocery store and us to church (taking a few trips).

So we have been praying for a van. Yesterday unexpectedly a company I worked for in 97-98 who didn't pay me for overtime settled a law suit. They sent me a form 2 years ago so I listed all the time I was there, but they sent me back something saying they were only suing for a few months out of that year, not the whole time.

I never heard any more and figured, well God knows, and if he wants me to have any money from this, they have my addy. Didn't hear nothing for years. Well yesterday I got a check in the mail.

The money they owed me "allegedly" was $122.00. But by the time you add in a "paycheck penalty" and a "waiting time penalty" I got a check for $4045.00!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

We are going to get a van with this!!! Hooray! So everyone please be praying that we can find a vehicle, I really want 8 seats cause we do want to have one more kid. (All 5 are mine with my ex)

That it runs great, looks great, that it will be easy for Joe to work on if he needs to. There are so many things we haven't been able to do, like go see family for the holidays who live an hour away(w/out renting a van), go camping, go to the beach, all of us take ONE vehicle to church!

I have to see what happens with the money situation cause if need be we may be able to do a down payment and then maybe $200.00 a month payments but any more than that I don't think so. I really would rather just buy something outright, we'll see.

I went and got 2 consumer reports books so i will be doing all my research and with Gods help get it. I am looking at the siennas and odysseys right now.

I have seen a few 2004 Odyssey's for $17,000. I am scouriung all the info online too like carsdirect.com. We'll see!

Hope all you ladies are doing great!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #3  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Yay! Don't you love happy surprises in the mail! That is awesome! I hope you get a really nice van! I have the same problem. My SUV only seats 5 so if BF goes anywhere with us we have to take 2 cars! God is watching out for you! (((HUGS)))

Well Last wednesday my weight was up to 215!! By Friday it was 213. I didn't think there was any way that I could make my Labor Day goal. yesterday it was 211, after i had eaten luch...so I knew I had a small shot at 209 this morning! Well I stepped on the scale and I am so happy to report that I weighed in at 209! I made my Labor Day GOAL!!!
Labor day goal: Lose 16 pounds!

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/][/url

This is the first weight goal I have ever made at 3fc. And i have been here off and on since 2001!!! I have to say it feels really good!

So I did my measurements today. I lost 6.5 inches this past month! That puts me over 13 inches lost total since July! I get another dancing banana!

Then as you know, I made my August exercise goal, so I am feeling mighty fine today!

I walked today. I was suppose to run, but my head was not in it, so I walked for 52 minutes. Food was good. I ate a salad for lunch and had white chicken chili for Dinner. It was really good!

Well I have jury duty tomorrow! I hope I don't get picked for the jury! Please don't pick me! please don't pick me! If i don't get picked I will get to go home before noon, and I deperately need the extra time to do homework!!! I got my books Friday and started on homework last night! I am so far behind!!! Well I hope everyone is doing well. (((HUGS))) to everyone!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Melody!!!!

on making your Labor Day goal I admire your determination with exercise ... 60 minutes, five times a week? OMG, you ROCK!

Jasmine ~

So nice to see you back. I hope you and your family are doing OK in this stressful time. With the terrible times your deceased Ex-H put you and yours through, it is amazing that you found the inner strength to realize that despite all that, you choose to "do what's right" as far as your resources allow because he is the kids' dad. That takes a lot of inner integrity - it's so much easier to turn away and say "forget it, he/she didn't deserve it". Your kids will remember this now and in later years.

Re: $$ & Van ... Sounds like God/The Universe is giving back some good karma. You and your family deserve many, many good things and good times! What an amazing surprise!!!!

My Weekly Report

Last wk, Sun - last Sat:

Fit Day Stats: Ave. Daily Cal's: 1517; Ave. Fat %: 16 / Carbs 59% / Protein 25% Would like protein to be higher)

# of 1.4 mile Walks: Four

I'm on plan -- I did buy an apple/cinnamon cake ring and eat it in two days ... but I ate lots of good stuff also so it didn't bust my daily budgets.

Back to put a bigger dent in the 40 oz. bag of spinach (on sale) & finish off fresh peaches & plums (on sale too!).

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #5  
I AM healthy!

Melody:

Great job on the exercise and losing!!! Hooray!!!! Jury duty, ugghhhh. Didn't you ask to be dismissed?

What kind of suv do you have? Well Julie, ex's sis, has a Honda pilot. It seats 8 and what I really like about it to (most important thing is reliabitity) is that it looks small from the outside, ya know? We all rode to the funeral in it, I told Joe to take passenger front seat. Kassandra, my eldest who is a very big girl, Katy, my almost 4 y/o with a HUGE car seat and I ALL fit comfy in the middle seat! The 3 other kids were in the back.

Eventually we are thinking of moving to Phelan, which is one town over. (To buy a house) They have homes priced similiar to this town, BUT with 1-2 acres! They are closer to the mountains and get snow occasionally, they have lots of dirt roads to get to most homes out there. Which is also why I think an suv may be better.

According to the ratings book, I fell head over heels yesterday for the toyota highlander!!!! It has the MUCH BETTER THAN AVERAGE rating for ALL YEARS!!! It goes up to 2005 and their prediction for 06, and 07 is the same.

I am thinking IF(going to soc. sec. office today so it depends on what the survivor benefits will be as to if we can afford to do a payment or not) we are going to pay $17,000 - $25,000 for a vehicle, and pay for 5 years then we want it to be super reliable and last as long as possible!

My ex had gotten us a Chevy astro van in 2003 that was a 1999 and within a year that thing was falling apart, already needed MAJOR repairs!! He wanted it in the divorce so I was all too happy to let him have it plus the 4 more years of $316.00 a month payments! It wound up getting repo'd. He had gone and got it without telling me otherwise I would of scoured consumer reports books.

I look at that year in the book now and that and most other of the years were completely black marks for the overall rating! MUCH WORSE THAN AVERAGE!It has been discontinued.

We also had a 1994 dodge caravan, bought it in 2000, payed 2.5 years and by the time we were done paying it had serious engione trrouble and is sitting in my garage to this day!

So I wouldn't mind paying $6,000.00 straight up for a van if I knew it would last but after those two experiences, ugghhhhhhh.

According to the ratings, Highlander suv is my first choice, Pilot suv is my second choice, toyota sienna is my 3rd and honda odyssey is my 4th. But I was telling myself we can't compromise on the 8th seat. If we are going to get something that expensive and plan to have another child in the next 2-3 years, then we need every seat! Kass is only 14.5 and even though she can be driving in 2 years, the main point is so we can all go on mini vacations/day trips/ go see my family 1 hour away etc. Christmas, easter , thanks giving.

I really want that highlander. Besides the excellent consumer reports ratings, a website forum had ratings. It scored 4.42/5 stars from 200 people. The worst thing people were complaining about on that forum was the back window noise(so you need to roll front windows down too) and the radio!!!! Besides that everyone loved them! JEEZ!!!

The Honda Pilot was like 4.02/5. The odyssesy and the sienna were like 3.62/5 or so. I was hearing some scary stuff about some of the siennas and sludge, and the dealer swearing its your fault etc. idk, also heard there may be some trouble with the passenger air bag.

I was thinking of going with like say a 2004. Cause by 3 years on average most vehicles have depreciated by 45%. So like that one Honda van we seen being $31,000 for a 2007, but $17,000 for a 2004. But it had 57,000 miles.

And then you have the warranty situation. Yes i know I can buy an after market one but do you know how hard it is to get most of those warranty company's to actually pay?

Also despite reliability ratings it also goes back to how a van was treated and most dealers get trade ins or at an auction. How do we know how that car was treated for those 3-4 years? Someone online was saying their warranty company would not poay for the tranny problem unless they could prove the previous owner did the 30,000 mile tranny flush/what have you!!!

So then I am thinking maybe if we are able to afford a 2007 that has been on the lot all year. With very low miles on it, we'd have that warranty and be the only owners, ya know? So much to think about.

Ladiibbug:

Quote:
So nice to see you back. I hope you and your family are doing OK in this stressful time. With the terrible times your deceased Ex-H put you and yours through, it is amazing that you found the inner strength to realize that despite all that, you choose to "do what's right" as far as your resources allow because he is the kids' dad. That takes a lot of inner integrity - it's so much easier to turn away and say "forget it, he/she didn't deserve it". Your kids will remember this now and in later years.
Thanx hun. Yeah our faith in God has been our rock. It has been very hard these past years. And I kept saying to myself, WHY does he have to be like this? And I reminded myself that if he wasn't like that there would of been no divorce. KWIM? No problem, no divorce, no stressful situation after the divorce. If he could of been a nice guy and been peaceful and etc, etc, we would of still been together cause that was the problem in the first place! uggghhhhhh.

Quote:
Re: $$ & Van ... Sounds like God/The Universe is giving back some good karma. You and your family deserve many, many good things and good times! What an amazing surprise!!!!
God is great and he does take care of his. Sometimes when you least expect it!

You are doing great on walking and food keep it up!!!!!

My food fell apart last week and I am trying to get back on track with it. Yesterday I finished up at 1350 and then I was NOT hungry at all and dh was craving donuts!!! Cake! pizza! Something! uuuggghhhhhh

I think the donuts are so not worth it but we went out and I had 4 bites of his donuts. Still feel bad but hopefully that wasn't over 100 cals!

Well ladies I have an apt. with soc. sec. this a.m. I am trying to get the last 2 kids out of the house then its a shower for me and Katy, 10:00 is the apt.

I hope we get a whole bunch and she tells me today how much! I am also thinking we should get back pay extra from last month! Well think about it. The way soc. sec. works, if the person died in that month, they are actually not entitled to have benefits that month! I know, stupid!

So if they are not entitled to benefits that month, then you think survivors benefits should start that month.

We'll see.

Oh and I finished up last month at 2120 for exercise!!!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 09-04-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #6  
Muscle Mommy

Jasmine: I have a Suzuki Grand Vitara Special Edition. It's really nice. Only seats 5 however. It's a mid size SUV, so the gas mileage is do-able. I bought it because I could afford it. It is my first "new" car ever. I really like it. It's a stick so it is alot of fun to drive.

I had Jury Duty this morning. Jury duty only lasted abotu 45 minutes. Today they were selecting the grand jury. I didn't get picked. I actually wanted to, becasue they only get called about once a month and they are only there until noon. Now I will have to serve on actual trials! They take all day, sometimes into the evening, adn I won't know that I have to go until 3 days before hand! UGH! I am not happy. I will be on-call until after the New Year.

I went to the grocery store afterwards and bought the stuff we needed. 144 dollars and it will barely last 2 weeks. I went to Save-a-lot first and bought the bare necessities. There was a girl in line in front of me. Aproximately my height and weight. Her cart was filled with cheap junk food. Stuff I will no longer bring into my house. I felt smug at first as I waatched her put her multiple cans of ravioli's, spaghetti-o's, totino's pizza's, chips. And then i realized I was no better then her. A few years back I bought the same way. Besides as I saisd she was buying the "cheap" food, so she probably was trying to stretch her dollar as far as possible. Someone needs to tell her you can buy healtier food. Yes it is more expensive, but the healthier stuff makes multiple meals, and fills bellies up a whole lot better than a can of generic ravioli's. But it is not my place to judge how she eats. hopefully, she will research for herself one day and find out there are healthier ways to eat. Besides, the corn dogs in my cart (for the kids, not me!) Aren't exactly the healthiest thing to feed your kids!

Well the plan for today is to CLEAN the house until about 2:00 when i will settle down for homework for an hour and then probaly nap for half an hour and then back up to get kids off of bus, and to get back to more homework. Then cook Dinner, Not sure what that will be...considering Taco' for the kids. I don't like Taco's though so I would eat a salad...or a roast beef sandwich...Oooh That sounds good, so Roast beef it is. Then, at about 8:00, go run for 25 minutes-no walking. I am behind on my running. Thanks to the little camping trip over the weekend and my inability to bring myself to run yesterday. I just gotta get back in the groove of things.

Well I hope this finds everyone doing great! Have a Awesome day Chickees!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

hi there all...I am a repeat joiner...I have not gained it all back..and want to get back on track,,,,I am committing to getting back down to 190..which is a great weight for me..I am big and thick..hee hee..lemon water..and writing down everything that enters my mouth...that is my way. Hubby wants to lose also...so we are teaming.....thanks for listening..nance
Old 09-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

welcome, nance!

melody... ROCK ON!!!! congrats on meeting your labor day goal!

jasmine... i'm so glad to hear good things are finally coming your way. best of luck in finding a nice reliable van for the family! =)

as for me... i'm not doing very well. i keep getting stressed and trying to avoid things, which for me means stuffing my face to pass the time instead of doing things i really need to get done. NOT GOOD. i haven't weighed myself recently - no need to, i can tell by the fit of my pants that i'm back in the 140's. ugh. just FRUSTRATED.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all, just dropping in tonight to say hi and glad to hear of the downward slide for alot of you gals.

Jasmine, glad that the funeral went okay and that part is over for you, also glad the kids will have a place to go, when they feel the need and that you did not have to put out any money. Congrats on the cheque!!! We bought a Honda Accord in 2002, we just made our last payment in August, we love the car and so far have done all the book said to do at the proper mileage times and have not had any problems. I hope you can find what you want and the family will all fit in. My whole family own's Honda's or Toyota's, nieces and nephews as well as my own kids. They have good ratings usually.

Weight is 218.6 as of tonight, have been somewhat careful, but can do better, especially with the water. But pleased at the weight loss anyhow.
Definately have to start to record what I am putting in my mouth!!!

By the way, the board has some Canadian's as well as American ladies, just for info purposes. It is open to everyone. And I love my American relatives, but am also proud to be Canadian!

Have a good day tomorrow ladies!
Sharon S.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #10  
Muscle Mommy

Thank God for long weekends! I still didn’t want to come back to work this morning.

I ran 25 minutes last night, then strength trained! Workout time was a total of 70 minutes!! Food was good yesterday as well.

Food today has been:
1-3/4 oranges
SB southwestern wrap
1 c raw broccoli
1 carrot
3 T of Ranch dressing
1 SF Jello

I have been hitting the water pretty hard, since I was dehydrated last night when I ran. I had to call Mom to get her to leave me a water in her mailbox so I could grab it and drink on the run. No stopping for me!

I watched biggest loser and think the new show will be interesting with Jillian back. She is too hard core for me, but she will whip those “outcasts” into shape for sure!

Today will be rushed, as I have to leave work a little early to go collect DD to go to her new dance class. Then back home to homework and workout. I don’t even remember what my scheduled workout is for today! Well off to do some work!

Canuk: Congrats on the loss.

Iris: Hang in there. I think you stress too much about what you eat. Every bite you put into your mouth does NOT have to be perfect. It's all about moderation. I am a binge eater too, and I had to experiment to find what works for me. I always said I could lose weight if I could quit eating cold turkey...Well I can't do that for obvious reasons. So I devised a "plan" that works for me.
#1.) I never eat breakfast-ever.
#2) I eat a VERY light lunch. Usually between 300-500 calories. (I really like the SB meals for this.)
#3.) Then I eat WHATEVER I want for Dinner. 9I do try to keep Dinner under 1000 calories!!!)
#4) No snacking EVER! This works for me because I do not feel deprived. Also, It limits the amount of time that I am allowed to eat. So when the Binge Monster visits, I just do my darnedest to find something else to do. This works for me. I have days when I have slipped off my plan. But I have only had 1-2 days where I have binged in the last 2 MONTHS. That my dear, is a huge record for me. I'm not saying my plan will work for you, but experiment and find what feels good, and what will work for you. You can do this. I know you can!

Nance:
Old 09-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Jasmine,

So many times people end up with payments plus car repairs. I know your experience hasn't been good in the past, but maybe you should give it another shot. YI just don't want you to have regrets in a year or two. Okay my two cents worth from someone who's been there and done that.

Last edited by stopeating; 09-06-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

BajaChick!

Jump right into the group! Are you on any special diet? :cringe: Or should we say "plan"?

Today was a "walking" day, but we woke up to heavy smoke, blown into our area overnight from a forest fire 100 miles away. *yech* Wayy too smoky to even consider going out The winds are not going to blow the smoke away until tomorrow afternoon ... by then it'll be 96*, too hot to walk, so we'll aim for Friday. I miss walking!! Never thought I'd see that day when I began my program July 1.

Last edited by Ladiibbug; 09-05-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Jasmine, I saw that you were considering a Honda....all I gotta say is I give it three thumbs up. Honestly the airbags and safety features on the honda saved our lives in the recent car wreck we were in. If we didnt have the 7 point airbags I wouldve hit the window and my mom and dad (both in the front) would've had a lot more problems. We have a CRV as they didn't need anything larger but everyone that I know that has had a Honda loves it! So just a little bit of info hope it helps
Old 09-05-2007, 10:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

i survived today... had a bit of a breakdown due to non-food kind of issues (financial ones, actually), but i'm kind of glad i did. if nothing else, i realize that i will be okay. i'm not sure exactly how, but i know things will come together.

thanks to melody - i have to say i completely agree with not allowing myself to snack. i'm constantly being told that the body needs 6 small meals a day, a little nourishment every three hours, and i just CAN'T do that. when i lost weight before, i didn't do that. i'm really trying to just eat three meals a day and not worry about what i eat at meals. however, i have this horrible tendency to finish my meal and then go rummaging through the fridge and cupboard for other stuff, even if i'm not really hungry.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

I did 25 mins of Denise Austin Arms & Core tonight. I am really tired and need to go to bed.
Closed Thread