Old 09-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Red face Switched to Soy Milk and bought Kashi Go Lean

Since I heard all you guys talking about Kashi Go Lean cereal, I had to get me some. I like it! I bought some soy milk cause I am slowly easing into a Vegan diet. Slowly I tell ya......but anyway I had some cereal with the soy milk and it wasn't that bad! I think I can actually give up milk now. I never used to drink a lot of it anyway, just with cereal. Now I have a new favorite milk and a new favorite cereal! Lots of protein and fiber should help keep me full and I can drink the soy milk and not feel guilty about having cows milk.

Does anybody else like soy milk? Anybody tried soy cheese? It looks kind of scary, but I know people eat it all the time.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #2  
it's always something

I like soy milk, but some brands are better than others. 8th Continent soy milk is my favorite. I also love almond milk.

I buy soy feta cheese that's really good!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have drunk soy milk( I like vanilla ), and I have bought this veggie cheese, cheddar flavor and loved it. I am glad you like it!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #4  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I like Silk soy milk, but I tend to buy organic skim cow's milk instead because I count calories and soy milk is higher. Not by much, but every calorie counts with me. I have such a sweet tooth, it's tragic. Some of the soy cheeses are okay, but I prefer the rice cheeses. The texture's a little better, at least for me.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Eighth Continent light vanilla. It's especially good on the twiggy cereals.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #6  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Every morning for breakfast I eat Go Lean with light vanilla soy milk. I love it! I also sprinkle a little cinnamon on my cereal because cinnamon is very good for you. I sometimes sprinkle some chopped walnuts if I want the cereal to stay with me all the way till my lunch. That works well when I'm in school. Oh and I love sliced strawberries on top. It's my favorite meal of the day.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM   #7  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the world of soy LOL. I used to think I could never give up milk...But I usually just use it for cereal and slim fast shakes, and the soy milk is a great substitue.

I heart Kashi too!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 09-05-2007 at 01:59 PM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #8  
Move it and lose it!!

S/C/G: 243/238/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
Eighth Continent light vanilla. It's especially good on the twiggy cereals.
Same here! I love the 8th Continent soy milk!
kristanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #9  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Ooohhh, may I express some jealousy? The vanilla soy milk sounds so yummy but I can't eat anything with soy in it. I'm pretty sure I've got some sort of allergy because it makes me very very sick. I wonder if there's any way to make my regular milk vanilla flavored... hmmmm I must think on that some more.

That said, I bought some Kashi Go Lean Crunch at Sam's Club yesterday and put 1/2 cup in with my yogurt and fresh fruit... to die for!! Thanks for all of the recommendations, I don't think I'd have tried it if you ladies hadn't convinced me.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

I have never really done soy milk - the cost is kind of prohibitive - but I really like to make brown rice milk. Cheap, easy, and tasty. There are lots of recipes on the internet, but I just blend rice milk with some water and vanilla (can't remember exact measurements - one of those just-do-it recipes for me). Then I strain the rice particles, which I sometimes will use in other recipes, and it's done.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #11  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I started using vanilla soy milk in my coffee. Cost is also an issue, but so far the half-gallon is in its second week. Now I can't drink coffee with the creamer I was so addicted to! I haven't tried it in anything else yet.
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #12  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
Ooohhh, may I express some jealousy? The vanilla soy milk sounds so yummy but I can't eat anything with soy in it. I'm pretty sure I've got some sort of allergy because it makes me very very sick.
If you are allergic to soy, then don't eat "Kashi Go Lean Crunch" as it has a lot of soy in it! Actually, soy is in many products that may not appear to contain soy, so be careful!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #13  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
Does anybody else like soy milk? Anybody tried soy cheese?
I'm vegan so I don't eat *any* animal products (all animal milks and cheeses, flesh, honey or bee products) and I have been vegan for many years. If you need any guidance, let me know!

I like soy milk (Silk with flax oil is my favorite and I also drink unsweetened of various sorts) and vegan cheese. "Vegan Gourmet" cheese is the only really tasty one available in any of the areas I have seen (in several states from west coast to east coast).
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Gale, try almond milk. It rocks. I like the vanilla almond milk even better.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #15  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm so glad that I don't like milk that much. I can handle Soy Milk on an occasional basis (Vanilla is my favorite) but it definitely tastes a LOT different than milk... if I ever have milk, I go with 1%, personally it is worth it. I can't stand Skim... I would rather eat my cereal dry, as I often do...

BUT, conversely, I love Kashi -- they have great products
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote