Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 11:12 AM   #1  

Default Alternative Group [April 5, 2002]

Alternative Group (April 5, 2002)
We are a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us.

To See the older thread just click on hereAlternative Groups Last Thread
Old 04-05-2002, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey guys.... I have part of a day that I don't have anything to do... except for study, shop, return over-due library books(sorry LAM) Did taxes this AM... Yeah we don't have to pay state!!!!!! Getting enough back to pay of DH's car a year early So that I can use that extra money to pay of credit cards so we can be free and clear when we go to by a new house or build!!!!!!!!!! (game plans, game plans) "doing the Snoopy dance"

Ruthie - glad to see your alright... you have so much on your plate right now... Sounds like a supper place in Boston.. one of my ex-boyfriends live in Lowell... Heard it was nice except for the snow "which you probably are use to any way"... Could you IM me your last name. I have your donation sitting on my desk and don't want to mail it just addressed to "ruthie" also who do I make the check out to?....

Everyone else, Glad your doing well... I have been OP 5 out of 7 days... which is great because I started TOM this morning unexpectedly so... I haven't been pigging out like normal. Snacking well also... All the easter candy is gone so I don't have tootsie rolls haunting me.

Got to go!
Hugs,
Amy
Old 04-05-2002, 11:38 AM   #3  

Default Hi Everyone

Since we were in the "last Page" And since Flower asked so nicely I started this new one.. Hope you all didnt mind (but I added a link to bring up the older post so you can reveiw it as you type..)

Ok I have not so good news...
I am up to 261.5 after being finally down to 259.. I am bummed out big time.. Even though I knew I was gonna gain due to the week I have had.. Been tooo exhausted to exercise this week .. So it is time I refocus and get my a$$ in gear.. I have NO excuse I am just a bit mad at myself I will get over it,, I know gains happen .
Another thing I have to deal with is I got results of urine test back and according to them I have a serious UTI going on.. Funny wouldnt I have known I had one?? The docs nurse said that some level of something (began with an "L" thats all I know) was really high,which meant I have had this for quite sometime..
Also I found out the my landlord /neightbor maybe be passing away sooner then we all expected.. I feel terrible for his wife but she seems to be handling it well. ( They have known for a long time that his time was coming to a close) I feel bad for him too but knowing that he is as ill as he is I also fee peace that he will finally be able to be without pain and suffering. Does that make me sound cold hearted?? If I do that isnt my intent .

RUTHIE I am sorry I havent been ignoring you ,my days seems non focusing since every one is sick. The only one that is over it is my DD my 4 year old DS is still sick and so isnt DH. Please forgive me?? It is great to hear you found a place!!Boston is a nice city, although everytime I go there I get lost (and wouldnt you know it , it is always in the wrong area you would wanna get lost in.) Gonna be a journalist huh?? Maybe I should start buying the Boston Globe.. The NH paper get kinda boring ( and to think I just subscribed to them) Oh well thatpaper is good for cleaning windows anyway..
Well I am off to get the DH car inspected. We were pulled over (when we parked the car yesterday for uninspection.. Now we have a 43.20 fine to pay ...Grrrrrr
Take Care and I will check in when I get back
Sheila

This Just in
GRRRRR just got another call my choseterol is too high so NOW i have to take another test....LOVELY ..NOT!!! I am not having a good day
And I went all the way down to get the d*mn car inpected only to find oiut the WRONG car registration was in the glove box..... Wait till he wakes up I am in QUITE the mood today
Take care all I will be staying away from computer for a few days I need o get alot of stuff done as well as quality time with the family.. Talk soon
Sheila

Last edited by sheila061968; 04-05-2002 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:01 PM   #4  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thank you Shiela! I can't start new threads with the baby on my lap. He loves to sit here and play on the puter with mommy!

And you sound like you could use a serious HUG!!!!! So here is a cyber hug {{{{{{HHHUUUGGG}}}}}}} Talk about the sky falling all at once! The rest of the day must go better. Sometimes you don't know you have an infection. They can tell by the cell counts esp in urine samples. I have never had my cholestrol done. I will next time I go in. I get a new insurance company this month thru work. Gonna go for a well checkup.

Amy-congrats on the big return. I paid off two cc bills in the last month. I made double payments on the others. Each month I have 3 paydays, I am going to pay off something and make bigger payments. I want to be debt free except for my house in 2 years.

Ruthie-I have a very good cyber friend in Plymouth. She loves the area in general. I haven't been since I was 4! A very long time ago! When is the big move? Does the new place have a pretty green view?

Well, gotta get to work...thanks again Sheila!!!! ~flower
Old 04-05-2002, 03:54 PM   #5  

Default Lurking ...

Love to read what everyone's up to, but haven't posted in here for a while ... one of those "just the facts, Ma'am" weeks, posting in the Food Journal thread. I think it's post-event letdown after a terrific trip to the Big Apple for Easter ...

Sheila, it sure DOES sound like you're having everything happen at once! How are you maintaining balance amid the chaos? Or are you one of the folks who get through the crisis times alright and then get the shakes afterwards?

Amy, (( congrats! )) on a fabulously OP week! "... While visions of Tootsie Rolls danced in her head ... "

Ruthie, I've been telling all my TNT buddies about your fundraising efforts -- everyone is marveling about all you're accomplishing. You know, TNT's offering a half-marathon at San Diego, so if your training does have to take a backseat to all the other major stuff going on, you can always ask to change your registration to the half. You'll still do great things for the Leukemia Society, and 13.1 miles is something to be very proud of!

I've been feeling a little discouraged about weight loss the past couple of days. Though I've been doing great with my eating and have kept on track with my walking and strength training, I still gained .8 pounds this week. *sigh* I know, I know, I know ... all the reasons not to be discouraged and how little it means in the longrun ... strength training adds muscle, which weighs more than fat ... it's how you feel, not the numbers on the scale ... go by how much better the clothes fit ... gain this week, lose next week ... but it's disappointing to stand on the scale after a GREAT week of abstinence and activity and find the numbers have gravitated to the evil side of the force.

C'est la guerre.
Old 04-06-2002, 07:46 AM   #6  
deleted2

Sheila, It sounds like you need to just hang on to something and ride it out! It's weird to get that all at once, huh? Well, here's to a better week!

Ruthie, are you feeling less overwhelmed? Thanks for checking in! It's always a little disconcerting when we don't hear from one of the regulars for awhile. I was ready to send out the cyber-hounds to search for you!

Going into my 25th day of eating well. 32 days is my record and I'm determined to break that! Now I just need to rouse this old frame to work out and then I'll be a slug the rest of the day. Ahhhh....

Old 04-07-2002, 10:26 PM   #7  
Hot Stuff

Hi all. Slow weekend here, huh? Thought I better save us from the bottom of the list before we disappeared.

Sheila, hope your weekend went better!

Amyjo, sounds like you're back on track. How was the weekend?

Venus, sometimes you're the windsheild, sometimes you're the bug. Some weeks just have a destiny all their own, no matter how hard you try to make things happen. Tomorrow is another day.

Eydie, you're doing fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Flower, how are you doing? Did you find shoes for work?

My weekend was horrible food-wise. Pizza Friday night, chicken fingers and a few (baked) mozzarella sticks Saturday night, Omelette and bacon for brunch, pork roast for dinner....*yeesh* Like I told Venus...tomorrow is another day....hope it's a better one.

Do you know how impossible it is to find plain navy dress pumps these days? I'm normally a black shoe person, but I bought this cute little navy dress (for only $34.00!) and needed new navy shoes. I spent two hours trying on shoes Saturday afternoon. Finally found a pair...leather, nice shaped heel...regular $80.00 but I got them for $26.50. I'm SUCH a bargain bag. I remind hubby how lucky he is that I shop for good deals and that most people would spend more on one pair of shoes than I spend on a whole outfit. ( I just buy twice as many outfits..hehe )

Watch for newcomers Kelly25 and Neiko...I've extended an invitation. Whether they accept is another question.

Okay, Monday looms....nighty night.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:46 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

Hi. My best girlfriend's wedding was last night. For a cheesey chapel, it was beautiful. We had a good time. I had to work on 4 hours of sleep. I just had a veggie burger and a Zima and I am going to do a mini workout and go to bed. I am pooped. Nope, no perfect shoes yet...Still searching. More on days off-Wed and Thurs ~flower
Old 04-07-2002, 11:45 PM   #9  

Angry

I'll be glad to join you !!!!!
I'm 40, 3 kids, last one a 10 month old baby. I'm still breastfeeding her, so I'm doing the weight watchers program for nursing mom, which allows 35 points a day, I figure out it's around 1700 - 1800 cal a day...
I'm 186 + these days, started 202 january 2002, my goal is 147 which is the weight I keep easily in between pregnancies, when my body isn't food and hormones crazy
I lost quite quickly, then I don't know, got tired ? lost focus ? lost motivation ? forgot why I was really doing this ?
My huge problem is with late night binging, I can be real good all day, then lose it totally at midnight, when the whole house is asleep...
My other problem is I've already done this after the first 2 pregnancies, and look where I'm still at today ? back to square one...(well, weight wise )

I need to work at keeping my motivation...and, well, just do it!
Looking forward to hearing from you
I must add that english isn't my language, I'm quite comfortable with it but making lots of mistakes and sometimes having trouble to find the right words so forgive me for that !
Old 04-08-2002, 10:42 AM   #10  
you can call me flower

Welcome Kelly!!! I am a mom of 3 too. My youngest is 18 months. What is your native language??? ~flower
Old 04-08-2002, 10:54 AM   #11  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning all...

Just a short post then I'm going home sick. My first "real" cold in literally 9 years. My Mom's feeling pretty guilt ridden since she's the bringer of the bug and my 2 best friends are coming up from California in 4 days... She said *she* would be upset if I was sick while they were here?? Whaddabout how I'd feel??
I'm going home and taking drugs.

I'm down 2 more pounds this week. Wonder how many points are in cough drops and Nyquil??

Welcome Kelly!!

Hello everyone, sorry for the short post... I hope to be back to "normal" tomarrow.

Terri
Old 04-08-2002, 11:42 AM   #12  

Thanks Everyone for letting me complain Friday ..
Luckily everything is better now.. DD is better and back in school and Dh is better but he still is a bit run down due to work and ongoing GI problem which he has had for almost 10 years now..But that will lighten up a buit just his body trying to get back to "norm"DS still has a bit of a cold but he has been getting better ( now I just HOPE he doesnt end up with ear infections )He has never had one yet and he is 4
I admit Saturday I was really fed up with everything so I hit the store and bought not so good for me food..And I ate it But now that its gone I feel like I can get back on track and get back into focus again..
I am on meds for the UTI and Car is all inspected till Nov. I did some yard cleaning yesterday.. As I said before the yard seems like it was never cleaned up of debris (knee high deep in leaves and fallen tree limbs) but I do understand why.. The owners both are really sick and the hubby is not going to be around much longer due to heart problems he is in a hospice program now they estimate 2 weeks.. I have been worried about whether or not my family will still have an apartment when he passes on.. I want to ask the wife but I dont want to sound cold and uncaring.. I been having some really scary dreams since I found out how close his passing will be..So my sleep pattern is a little off.. YIKES the stress
PUNKIN Take it easy and rest up Colds are the worse things to deal with especially when you are having out of town guests .. I ont think you need to worry about the points on Nyquil or cough drops (they should make sugar free ones)
Kelly25 WELCOME TO OUR THREAD!!!!!! Glad to see you here.. I am a 33 year old mom of 2 myself I cant imagine 3.. I dont think I would have the strength !!!You will like it here we are good people (if I do say so myself)
WILDFIRE I am a thifty shopper as well (OK I am just plain ole CHEAP!!) I like walking in shoe stores and checking out different styles I used to wear spiked heels alot when I used to go out clubbing at dance clubs. Now I hardly dress up for anything anymore.. I think when I get smaller I will start picking my clothing choices a bit better.. Thats when I can buy clothes by the style not the yard..LOL
Venus Envy I wish I knew how I handled things.. I just take it and try to move on.. BUT sometimes it isnt easy.. I usually get so discouraged that I end up going to bed but I couldnt this time since everyone else was in bed sick..
Eydie It has been a better week so far . But I am still tired as all get go . My DD realized she had 24 pages of Math homework to make up for last night at 9:30 PM.. I was up till midnight trying to explain how to do her homework in terms she could understand.. Wasnt easy for me but 4 pages got finisshed (only 20 left to go LOL) I felt like ..............ummm never mind ,let me just say I wasnt PLEASED with her at all for pulling that on me at that time of night..Glad you doing so great with staying OP!!! I am proud of you!!!!
Flower I didnt know you were a native New Hampshirer!!! I have lived in NH all my life .. I find NH living a little slow paced but being only 25 minutes from Massachusetts I know if I wanted to check out a faster pace I could go to a day trip to Boston.. I live in the City now but I am an original suburban girl ..
Ruthie You will like the northeast section of the US.. Except during foliage season..Just a little piece of advice NH is a tax free state.. Alot of Mass people shop in NH to save $$ But then again Mass may be cheaper then where your moving from..
AmyJo Hope all is going great for you .. I like your game plan!!!

Well I think I yammered on LONG enough ..
Talk to you all Soon
Sheila

AND WELCOME AGAIN KELLY25!!!!!!!:sheep:
Old 04-08-2002, 12:46 PM   #13  
Must Shrink.

Welcome Kelly! I'm 40 in Sept. and have 4 children, although my baby is now 5. I got nice and slim after my 3rd, and then; whoops.

Metabolism slows down after the 3rd child, and after 35. My opinion, but it was tough the 3rd and 4th time losing.

I remember after the first two pregnancies it all practically fell off. Nursing helps though, don't you think? I was nursing Foster when I did WW when he was 1.5 years old, and nursing still, and it really helped with the loss. But he was an older baby, and not at all reliant on nursing for nutrition...

Hello to everyone else!

I have to pop out to do errands and my stint at the school to help out.

It's warming up here and finally smells like spring.

Have a great day everyone!

L
Old 04-08-2002, 03:12 PM   #14  
deleted2

Hi Everybody and Welcome, Kelly!

Really just wanted to quickly check in and wish everybody a healthy week! My plans for this week include getting to work in my vegetable garden; Its time to start planting! This year I want to plant something pretty in front of our house too--it needs some color. Only trouble is our dog destroys most things we try to plant out there. There's got to be some shrub or something that thrives on dog pee!

Old 04-08-2002, 05:26 PM   #15  
Must Shrink.

I was happily sloshing around in my garden today and saw my rubarb and chives peeking through the muddy earth, and other perenials poking up towards the sky as well. All we need is ONE warm sunny day and I'll stop complaining. I want to feel the sun on my face and feet.

Soon, soon!

L
Closed Thread