Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #1  

Default New to this site

I just joined this site yesterday and I'm just looking for support. Over the last ten years I've tried every diet and my pattern is always the same. I start out great I lose about 25 lbs (slowly) and then I stop losing. It goes so slowly that I get disgusted and eventually give up.

I'm trying again because I can't stand being fat anymore. It's not just about how I look, I need to be healthy. I'm getting older and I'm getting scared. I am following weight watchers, but haven't attended a meeting. I really think I need to talk to people who are in my situation and have a lot of weight to lose. I hope there's someone out there who's willing to listen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's so hard to stay motivated. I think if I could lose enough weight to see a difference that would motivate me to continue, but when I lose 20 lbs, it's barely noticeable. I made it through today so far. I'm going to bed early to avoid the refrigerator.
KPFBMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #2  

I'm nearing the 40lbs lost mark, and still not seeing a lot of noticeable results. The only reason I have made it this far is because of all the support and motivation I get here. So many have accomplished so much, it's such an inspiration. I have tried and failed dieting too many times to count, and thanks to this site and these people, I have been more successful now than ever before, and I'm still going (though it's not always easy!). Surrounding yourself with others who can cheer you on, and knowing you aren't alone on this hard journey really helps.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #3  

Smile

Thanks for answering me. I'm just learning how to navigate this site. You seem to be doing great and if this site helped you then I'm going to give it a try. Good luck on you weight loss journey.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #4  

It takes a little getting used to, but it's set up nice and conveniently once you get started. Absolutely give it a try! What harm can it do? Where can you go wrong with a group of (mostly) women going down the same road you are, running this same marathon?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Not being able to *see* your results can be really discouraging, but reading about other people's successes is motivating. It's also great to have somewhere you can talk about your struggles, fears and triumphs with people who understand!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oh, can I identify with losing a lot and having it not show! It took almost 50 pounds for anyone to notice and 60 pounds for me to drop one measly size. But the good news is I felt WAY better a lot sooner than either of those things happened. And now the changes are much more noticeable. Losing weight can be boring and tedious, but this group of great people makes it fun. It's so nice to have people cheer you on, prop you up, and just generally get where you're coming from - especially when you don't know anyone in real life with the same issues.

Glad you're here!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 09-04-2007 at 09:44 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #7  

Pleased to meet you! I'm glad you found us here at 3FC!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #8  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! This site is wonderful, and SO motivating. You'll see changes in your body, just stick with it.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #9  

Smile

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I was so surprised to see so many. I really appreciate your kind words and support. It definately helps!! I made it through today and I'll just have to take it a day at a time. Thanks again. I look forward to talking again.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #10  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome KBFPMom! I'm glad you're with us. Just keep on posting and don't give up when the going gets rough. You'll meet your goal as long as you never quit!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there and welcome to 3FC!!! This is a truly remarkable place for support, advice and encouragement. I'm glad you're here.

Losing weight is a very doable thing. I finally realized that and that was the turning point for me. I realized that if I didn't want to be fat, well then I didn't have to be. It was something I really could control. It was within my power.

I always had lots of things to motivate me, first and foremost my health. I was terribly inactive and totally miserable. But having motivation was not enough. I needed to make a commitment, that no matter what, once and for all, I was going to make my health and therefore my weight, a top prioritiy. Once I made that commitment, it didn't matter whether I was motivated or not. That motivation would come and go and not always be at the forefront of my thinking, especially when faced with tempting food. But the commitment is always there. And now my health and my eating choices are always at the forefront of my mind.

You most certainly CAN lose enough weight to see a difference. I know this for sure. It does take some patience though and lots and lots of determination. Weight loss is not an instant gratifaction type thing. But rest assured, it is without a doubt the most rewarding and wonderful thing you can do for yourself. Your patience will pay off. As will your hard work.

You also mentioned that you've tried every diet. Well, diets come and go, that being the problem. When you make that commitment, it's got to be for a lifetime. So, in order for this to "work" longterm, forever in fact, you need to find something that you can do forever. No quick fixes here. It's about incorporating healthy habits and healthy eating into your life.

I find it very, VERY beneficial to have all my meals planned out. This way there's no suprises and I KNOW what I am eating at every meal and every snack. It makes it much easier to make good choices this way. I keep my home stocked with healthy foods, such as low fat proteins, fruit and ton and tons of vegetables. I bring healthy snacks along with me where ever I go. I make delcious, healthy low cal meals. That was key for me. I needed to find foods that I enjoy. If I enjoy my on plan meals, well then there's no reason to go OFF plan.

I look forward to getting to know you. Good luck!!! And please remember, that you absolutely, positively, without a doubt - CAN do this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #12  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi and welcome,
each person's body is different, and when you lose weight, it is not visable to the naked eye. I have lost more than 50lbs and the only people who have noticed is my husband and kids.
I agree with Rockin Robin, this is not about dieting, but a lifestyle change, I can never again eat a big plate of baked ziti, with italian bread and extra cheese, and it bothers me sometimes, but being healthy is worth it, and there is other food out there to eat.
I know you will find what works for you. Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome to our group! The FABULOUS thing about this place is that there are very few things that SOMEONE here hasn't gone through or felt before you! I'm just amazed that every time I feel like I'm going through something completely unique to me that someone else says "Oh yeah, I remember that!" It's very comforting.

When things start to get tough, discouraging, or just plain boring...log in here and I'm pretty sure that it will help get you through it. It has always worked for me.

Oh, and I've gone to bed early MANY times to avoid the munchy evening thing!!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey there! Welcome to 3FC! I'm so glad you found us.

You sound just like me. I'm super motivated and I do awesome! Then I plateau (possibly even gain) and I quit. I've done that song and dance for a long while. Until now. Until 3FC. These ladies (and gents) have seriously changed my life. I've learned SO much from them and I hope I can help you the way they've helped me.

Everyone has big goals. The size we want to be, how much we want to weigh, clothes we want to wear. That's good; it's fabulous motivation. But I've found that mini-goals help so much more. I used to diet and have that big goal in mind...but on a bad day it felt so far away that I'd just give up. Now when I have a bad day, I look at how close I am to my next mini-goal, or how I've just achieved my last one and don't want to fall back.

If you ever have any questions or concerns, no matter how weird you may think they are, don't be afraid to post a thread. So many people are going through the same thing as you, I promise. It's amazing how many of us go through the exact same thing and don't realize it until someone mentions it and we all chime in.

Good luck to you on your journey and I look forward to losing weight together.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #15  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!
This site has been such a help to me. I wish I'd found it sooner! I too, have been up and down the scale for years. This time I'm determined it is the LAST time I'm losing 10 lbs...20 lbs.....!
Keep checking the forums. They help you realize you're not alone!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote