Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #1  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Today... I did it!!

Well... today was my first day on the C25K programme.

I got dressed and walked down to my local park. I walked for a minute briskly to warm myself up and then I put my timer on and started to run. The first minute of running wasn't too bad... I must have looked quite pathetic to all those other people but... well I pushed on. But I'm dissapointed to say that out of that 20 minutes I was only able to run/jog for 3 minutes lol . But I'm not too disapointed because well, I did something I never thought I would do. And I know that with enough commitment I'll be able to do better. I've come in had a shower and am sitting on my bed writing this and my lungs feel really strange... they feel really clear!? Does that make sense lol... almost like well... there was a massive cloud in there and its just gone. They also feel a little raw but I am in in this FABULOUS mood right now... yay for exercise!! Thanks to all those who inspired me.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations!!!!

I am a fellow non-runner who is doing the C25k. I'm at a standstill though. I am having a difficult time getting past day 3 of week 5 (a steady 20 minute run). I really think it has to do with the temperature here--I run at 5 AM and it is about 88 degrees! I keep trying though!!!

You ought to join us in our monthly C25K chat! We give each other all sorts of encouragement!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Congrats Serena! That's really great. 3 mins out of 20 is an EXCELLENT start.

Keep it up!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #4  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Congrats! The furthest I've gotten so far is downloading the podcasts. I walk everyday at the same track and I have started to jog from one lampost to the next on at least one of my laps. Everything is still too bouncy for me to be comfortable jogging though.
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Yay!!

A start is a start, no matter where or for how long

You feel great, and THAT'S what it's all about!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

I am so proud of you!! that is awesome. It doesn't matter how many minutes you made, the fact is you got out there and you did it. It took me forever i think to be able to run a straight mile without stopping (like 7 years ago that is!!). I dont' run that much any more, but when i do, i actually jog...I job 1/10 a mile, walk 1/10 a mile and so on until i have done my 30 minutes. Any effort is better than no effort...so good for you!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Way to go!!!!! I'm in Week 2 of C25K. See you in the C25K chat!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #8  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Way to get out there and just start working on it. Have you tried the podcasts? Those are nice for outside so that you don't have to look at your watch all the time.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #9  

Hey guys...

Alinell - "non-runners" totally rock... lol. Thank you so much for your support, and I'm sure that you will be zooming past week five soon enough... Unfortunately, lol, perseverence is the key right?!

Baffled - thank you so much for making me grin. Maybe next time I can do a whole 4 minutes . thanks again

Dixie - Too bouncy for jogging!? Ah well you'll get there... Walking is brilliant and I read in a book that its the most "natural" activity. You know what I mean... Like the human body is made to walk. Keep up the great work

Heatherangel - you totally rock, you're a total inspiration. Thank you for helping make my itching for running a reality ( and to everyone else as well you all are just brilliant)

Lumifan - You know its funny but when I went away on holiday I just kept thinking of you i'd be like "man I wanna go on 3fc and chat to lumifan" and what was worse was by the time I got back I was like "omg... I cant remember what her screen name is" I eventually found you though lol. Thank you so much for helping to make my day... as usual!!

Teacher - hows it going on week 2? Have you found yourself able to run a little bit longer?

onthetee - I'll look into them, they would totally be a lot easier than checking my mobile phone stop watch. I kept getting scared when teens from the local school would ride by... I would be thinking OMG they're going to rob me!!

Thank you all so much for your wonderful responses you've really made me feel massively good about myself... its just was 3fc is about right? another hug to you all; and thanks again!!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 AM   #10  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Congrats and yes come on over to the C25K thread - we're not all whizzing through the weeks haha. But we're managing each bump in the road as it comes!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #11  

Btw, which podcasts are you guys talking about? Are there runner-specific podcasts???
Old 09-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #12  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

baffled - there are a number of podcasts for running, and one specifically for the couch-to-5k program from coolrunning. The C25K ones are by Robert Ullrey and can be downloaded from iTunes for free. There are others on iTunes also, mostly free. Some have a specific beats per minute target. I found them by searching iTunes for "running".

Hope this helps.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #13  

Thanks all for recommending the podcasts they were really a life saver!! It was just so much better than checking my mobile stop watch and listening to the unhealthy sound of my "out of breathness." I did 10 minutes running today so I'm EXTREMELY CHUFFED. thanks all!!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #14  

That's fantastic! You're making super-rapid progress. You must be feeling exceptionally proud.