Old 09-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Alright, here it is

Ok. I feel I must get this out:

Gained 3 pounds already, but had to go ahead and throw myself down a few more stairs to make the injury just a little bit bloodier.

So..........I brought my lunch today, low fat, low cal. Ate it. Then decided to go the Chinese Buffett across town and eat my feelings away. Well needless to say, it didn't help me and things are still the same. Did I know this before going there, yes. But since dieting for 7 weeeks, I guess I had what you call a "relapse". Since I do look at my food issues as an addiction anyway. The chineese food didn't even taste that good. It wasn't all I thought it'd be. Everything tasted loaded down with grease, and after putting a spoonful of mushrooms on my plate, I saw they were drowning in grease or butter.

At least I now "think" this relapse has gotten out of my system. I am going to go home, eat a small light supper, and just start all over again. I WILL NOT FLUSH THESE 18 POUNDS DOWN THE FRIGGING DRAIN! I will not continue in the cycle that has consumed my life for over 15 years now. I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO MY STUPID THOUGHTS AND WILL NOT GIVE UP AND GAIN THIS WEIGHT BACK. I know I have my friends on 3fat chicks that will help me whenever needed and I am worth every second of my "new healthy lifestyle". I WILL CONTINUE TO EAT WELL AND BEGIN EXERCISE AGAIN, BECAUSE i AM WORTH IT.

Now I feel some better since getting this off my chest. Tomorrow is a new day! Mug
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #2  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Mug, hun- you HAVE to find another way to deal with your feelings/frustrations other than food. Take up a new hobby or restart an old one, and do it that way. When you're angry or frustrated, punch a pillow, or get a punching bag and vent on it. Go for a walk, dance to music. Do puzzles, word searches, anything that involves the mind and gets your mind off of food. Take up a craft.

Food shouldn't be your enemy, but it can be if you keep turning to it for comfort. Believe me, I know- been there, and done it and don't want to do it again.

Hang in there.

Last edited by Steelslady; 09-04-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Most of us have been right where you are (my downfall usually involves cake). I'm glad to hear you're picking yourself up and getting back on track; funny how our favorite binge foods don't even taste that good after eating healthy for awhile (though I confess, I still really enjoy cake).
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Sending these your way mug...grats on getting back on board your plan the same day. Like the ladies above mention you just need to find away to not equate food=emotion...I am actually going to counseling for this and this might even sound nuttier but when I am really wigging I kick my husband and son out of the house and talk to myself out loud. I find it really helps.

You can do it 7 weeks is such a great accomplishment.
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:43 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Mug. This whole weight loss/new lifestyle thing is tough! But, you're up to the challenge. As long as you keep trying you are successful.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Perhaps it's time to consider revising the strategy??? You are struggling, and Rhonda is absolutely right that the success is all about continuing to try. But the tough questions are pretty essential to achieving long-term weight loss success.

So - was your prepared lunch physically satisfying? If you were still hungry enough to chew the walls, maybe you should look for something that will quell your hunger better - some people achieve this through high protein, others through high fiber, and some seem to need some fat in each meal. It's all about figuring out how your body works.

If it was just stress / emotional eating and had nothing to do with your hunger, it may be helpful to figure out when you're most likely to binge. I tend to be safer when I am at work because it's tough to justify that second lunch break. I don't know where you work or how flexible your schedule is, but maybe you can schedule something essential right after lunch so that you have time to feel the fullness from lunch.

You're on the right track by maintaining accountability and awareness. Now it's just a question of figuring out where the answers to your particular weight issues lie. I know you can do it!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #7  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I can understand, I have these 'relapses' every so often, and I walk out of them feeling horrible. But try to remember the way you felt after that Chinese food...not so good, eh? At any rate, you're right...tomorrow is a new day, and you can turn this all around.

Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Mug,
You are doing the best thing, coming back and admiting what happened. Last year I lost 19lbs , started eating, not exercising, and didn't come back for 11 months, gained the 19 lbs back plus 20+ more. So I am proud of you , because you chose to come back, and I believe you will do this!!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Heya Mug,

I know how you feel. I have to fight not to eat naughties when I'm feeling blue too. I came home the other day and DH had made cake. I don't know what the possessed him to do that, but after I got done measuring myself (disappointing results) I turned to that cake, cried, ate more, cried, etc. When DH asked if I wanted him to take the cake away, it nearly got violent, lol.

This whole journey is about learning from your mistakes. I see food commercials now and my stomach gets queasy. I swear I saw grease dripping off the cheese in a hamburger. So gross. Next time you're tempted to eat bad things, remember how nasty greasy it was and how horrible you felt after. Hopefully that will help you stay on track because who wants to feel nasty because of something they ate when they could eat well and feel awesome, right?

You can do this Mug! It's is your sn...the goodness is baked right in.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #10  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks all
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Good luck getting back on track. I got off track for a couple weeks in August, found I had gained back three pounds, and decided I needed to commit again.

I read an article about how one of the differences between men and women in dieting styles is that women feel guilty when they slip up and start binging even more, whereas when a man messes up his diet, he can get right back into the diet.

Anyway, best of luck getting back on track! You can do it! Everyone slips up and learns from it! Just think about how much more you enjoy your health than that food!
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Most of us have been right where you are (my downfall usually involves cake).
My downfall is granola bars and snack bars (particularly Odwalla Bars). While they're not terrible for you, I find them addictive and keep snacking on them until I've eaten three or four, so I just had to banish them!
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote