Old 09-03-2007, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/Look at Ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Default Slap in the Face and Wake up call!!

I had a really harsh realization just recently. My boyfriend and I took our daughter to the park to play last week sometime and I was pushing my daughter on the swing and I over heard a younger girl wisper to the other girl "Thats Discusting" and then they both slowly looked at me and look away really fast and were giggling the rest of the time I was near them. I would say they looked to be about high school age and that was the most horrifying thing I have heard anyone say in a long time. I felt like I could just crawl in a hole and die. It even hurt my feeling so bad at that moment that I took my daughter out of the swings and walk to the other end of the park with my boyfriend and cried about it. They dont know me or anything about me yet they were very quick to talk about me and not even really hide that fact. I was just recently in the past 6 months diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and have been dealing with that and the fact that I have gained more weight due to this then when I had my daughter. Its bad enought that you think bad things about yourself, then you go to a park and have to hear bad stuff from other people. Kind of makes you not want to go out of the house. But today I have decided that I need to make a huge change in my life. I found this website about 2 months ago and it really helped me then, so I am giving it another go. I am very opptimistic and ready to get my health back. I need to loose the weight for various reasons but I would just love to be healthy and active more than anything. Getting in to my little black dress is just going to be a bonus. Thanks for listening.
1fatchica02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 AM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

People are so stupid. They only think about themselves, and rarely the effects their words may have on others. I think it's such a shame the way larger people are treated. We are no different than ANYONE else. We have the same feelings and fears as everyone else does.

Don't let those silly twits get you down. You are a person, and you deserve happiness. Please stick around this time. This site has been such an inspiration to me, and I know you can do this too!! Big

Mary
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:15 AM   #3  

Thank you Mary, I know when I was checking these forums everyday when I was trying to loose they weight last time it really kept me truly inspired. I dont know why people are so insenitive to other peoples feeling either. Its just sad and I feel sorry for them. Thanks you again for your kind words.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:20 AM   #4  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Don't let those brats be your motivation! I know this sounds cliche, but do it for YOU. You will probably never see those girls again.

One thing I will say about my experience being overweight is that it is definitely very humbling and gives you a very unique perspective on life. People who have been thin all their life just don't understand what it's like to go through something like this.

I just joined this forum and I love it already ... I love the people here... I love the positive energy, the love, the compassion. We, of all people, understand how that made you feel, and a lot of us have had similar or just as depressing moments.

YOU can do this!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #5  

Well that incident happened over a weekago and althought it got me down that day my acctually motivation for wanting to loose my weight it I have a hypothyroidism and I feel like crap all the time and have gained lots of weight partly due to it and I have to change they way I live so I can feel better and be the mother I need and want to be for my daughter. I want to be a better healthier me. Thank you for the words of incouragement.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:30 AM   #6  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Sorry if I came off bossy, I just realized that after reading your post. I just mentioned it because it's something I needed to tell myself too. It's so easy to let things like that bother you. It's good when we can break things down into more positive reinforcements:: like losing weight so you can have more energy to be a better mother. That's definitely something I want to work on. I don't have kids yet, but I don't want to be tired all the time!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:41 AM   #7  
Bikini Season :)

*hugs*

it hurts to hear people say such negative things about you. people need to remember their manners!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakel View Post
Sorry if I came off bossy, I just realized that after reading your post. I just mentioned it because it's something I needed to tell myself too. It's so easy to let things like that bother you. It's good when we can break things down into more positive reinforcements:: like losing weight so you can have more energy to be a better mother. That's definitely something I want to work on. I don't have kids yet, but I don't want to be tired all the time!
No I didnt think you were bossy, I just kind of needed to even tell my self why im here. I agree with you that a few nasty comments from some braty kids shouldnt be my motivation and I just wanted to say what my real motivations are. It will definatly be nice to be able to run after my daughter at the playground and not feel like everyone is looking at the fat lady chasing her kid. Being overweight has sure changed my way of thinking also, before even thought ive never been skinny but before I would have never even cared what anyone said about me and now I do because in a way I agree but you never want something like that to come out of someone elses mouth.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #9  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

That's horrible.

*hugs*

I agree with rakel, don't let them be your motivators.
And it's wonderful that you want to lose weight to have energy to play with your daughter.

I get so tired of people like those two girls who judge immeadiately based solely on looks. And it goes all ways... we judge people who are "too fat" or "too skinny" or pretty or ugly. Presumptions are always made.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Large/medium/small

Height: 5'6

I would have been in serious trouble because I would have confronted them. Bad idea, I know, but I never allow others to be rude to me.
There are thousands of ways to make idiot teenagers feel bad about themselves! hahahaha.

I'm joking!! Kind of.
endlessly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessly View Post
I would have been in serious trouble because I would have confronted them. Bad idea, I know, but I never allow others to be rude to me.
There are thousands of ways to make idiot teenagers feel bad about themselves! hahahaha.

I'm joking!! Kind of.
Thats funny because im suprised I didnt say anything.

Like a year ago I told this high school age kid that took something out of a car near my moms house to put whatever it was back in to the car because I knew that car did not belong to him and he did and walked away with his head down. Well a few minutes later that boys friend came walking up and I told him also to get away from the car and he made some remark like Shut up you fat Bi@#%. I yelled back at him that this fat bi@#% would come over there and kick his little ***. He left. That was acctually kind of an empowering moment for me. Kids these days can be so ignorant.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #12  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Response to the girls who seem to be a little too old to be at a playground:

"I may be fat but you're ugly and I can go on a diet". Then watch them slink away and question each other as to whether or not they look ok. I know it's childish but in some recess in the back of my brain it sounds like it could be liberating. LOL

Don't let them getcha down! Chalk it up to no manners and move on (I know it's easier said than done). You'll forget about it in a few weeks!
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #13  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

*hugs*
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

People are cruel and it seems they do not care if the person hears or not. I get looks of disgust and whispers about me all the time, but I just try to brush it off, although I do admit at times it is very difficult.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #15  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

People are really unkind a lot of the time. Teenagers I think are the worst beacuse for the most part they are immature, lack any sort of mind-mouth filter and are so wrapped up in their own insecurities that anyone and everyone is a target.

Don't let them make you feel bad about yourself remember that now you know how your body works and you can loose as much weight as you want to be healthy. It's just something to think about
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote