Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default C25K - September

Woo hoo - a new month! Some challenges in AUgust not only for myself but also for some of you, so let's all motivate and inspire each other to start/continue/finish C25K!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

I'm starting the C25K on monday (september 3rd) and i'm pretty excited and nervous about it. I have two bad knees, so i may have to be gentle at first, but i'm optimistic all in all.
How far along are you cakses?
I'm guessing it's easiest to do this on a treadmill rather than terrain, but my gym is always so packed at the hours I'm able to workout so i'm going to be training outside. I honestly can't wait to do this. Do you guys recommend evenings or mornings? I realise everyones different, but i'm curious what works best for the majority. I look forward to checking out these posts!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #3  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I am going tonight to do 20. If I can make it farther, great, if not, I am not out to prove anything. Last two outings have been ick. I plan to listen to the 28 minute podcast and hope for the best.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #4  
Starting Over

I had a small injury so I should have graduated from week 9 on Friday, but I took some time off and I am sort of on week 6 although I am going to just do what my leg will let me.

Did somewhere between 3.5-4 miles today but I need to go out with the car to measure it. Felt good but SLOW!!!! My in laws are in town so my last two runs have been outdoors, and there is quite a difference!
Old 09-02-2007, 01:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Cakses- I'm glad you're feeling better.

Renee- How's your ankle?

I fell off the wagon last week but it's a new month and I'm ready to start W1D1 tomorrow.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
Did somewhere between 3.5-4 miles today but I need to go out with the car to measure it.
Or...http://www.mapmyrun.com/create
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #7  
Starting Over

thanks! playing with that now!
Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 PM   #8  
Starting Over

Wow I have been ripping myself off on miles. Now I know my regular outside route is 2.51 miles and not 2 haha. I knew I wasn't running that slow! I mostly use my treadmill but I have family in town so I have been able to get out a bit more.

Today was a nice almost 3 1/2 mile walk, no running since I did 4 days in a row this week. My poor legs need a break!

Monday will be Week 6 I guess. I did just about 1.75 miles straight yesterday, so I am not sure where the heck to go from there. I do C25K by time and I didn't bring a stopwatch on that run because I thought I was just going to walk and then got inspired. I am guessing it was 20 minutes so that would finish week 5 up. So I guess I am going with week 6 this week.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #9  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hey Cakses - I walked a little over 3 miles today, too - no running 'til tomorrow! It was a nice break

Good luck going into week six!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Thanks for thinking of me teacher! It's doing much better. I'm sorry you fell of the wagon, but I know you will do great when you start back!

I took a walk today and it didn't really pain me. Through a stroke of luck, I can get my running shoes so I may try to do a few intervals just to see how far I've regressed and also to see if my ankle is still ok. I plan to wear an ankle brace for awhile just to be safe.

Also my best friend is starting C25k, so I may try to do some runs with her if I can. Right now I'm just going to ease back into things slowly.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I love mapmyrun. I can plan out routes and see different areas of my fairly new neighborhood. Some days though I just get out and go. I have an odometer on the stroller so I know how many miles I go anyway. And you might have an interesting route. Like when I struggled up this nearly straight up hill (I kid you not. I DO live in the mountains of WV. LOL). I got to the top of the hill, proud that I'd made it, some guy in his bathrobe checking his mail nearly leaped out of his skin wondering what the heck is somebody WALKING up this hill on this....drum roll please...DEAD END street for. Ah well, I know not to go up THAT hill again. LOL

I usually get out at least 5 days a week. Got in 6 this week - Monday through Saturday, and going back out again starting tomorrow. Took a day off today. I will run the first 2.5 miles, then walk 2.5 back home, and back up the hill again. It's much easier running DOWN that hill than it is walking back up it. Aye aye aye.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

I just completed W2D1. My poor legs feel like Jello.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I use may my run, it does help to determine how long my route is.

I still have not decided whether to attempt D3W5, maintain at D2W5, or skip ahead to D1W6......I guess tomorrow morning when I start the iPod the fingers will make the decision for me!!!

DH and I got up early this morning to clean the backyard patio, furniture and BBQ and it wasn't humid at all. Yesterday it was so humid you couldn't breathe! I hope tomorrow will be a repeat of today. I'll have to really plan my morning because it is the first day of school and I don't want DS to be late. If I'm running late myself, I can show up to work late and no one can fire me (ha, ha, the joys of owning your own business!!).

DD and I are going to go to Fullerton Friday to check out Cal State Fullerton. She really wants to go there. I guess I should map our way there!

Everyone have a great day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #14  
Starting Over

Well I made the mistake of trying to do day 1 of week 6 - I just can't seem to hack intervals anymore. I am okay running, then once I go to walk I can't for the life of me get going again. So I did 5R/3W/2R/8W/3R/20W haha. The last 3 minute run was a sprint though because I knew it was going to be the last. I held it at a 10 minute run pace which is fast for me and just about fell off the treadmill haha.

I am going to do some easy walking tonight then just try for day 3 of week 6 tomorrow. I don't think I am cut out for intervals so I am just going to have to up my total running time.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
Well I made the mistake of trying to do day 1 of week 6 - I just can't seem to hack intervals anymore. I am okay running, then once I go to walk I can't for the life of me get going again. So I did 5R/3W/2R/8W/3R/20W haha. The last 3 minute run was a sprint though because I knew it was going to be the last. I held it at a 10 minute run pace which is fast for me and just about fell off the treadmill haha.

I am going to do some easy walking tonight then just try for day 3 of week 6 tomorrow. I don't think I am cut out for intervals so I am just going to have to up my total running time.
Haha! It sounds like what I did on Saturday!!! However, I don't think I'm cut out for anything BUT intervals!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote