Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 PM   #1  

Question New here and have a few questions

Hi,

I have been doing LAWL now for 4 days. So far so good.
I am doing Plan 4 without lites.

Am I able to change my goal weight once I get to it and go down more? I am 5'7 and I set my goal for 160. I think that might not be low enough. I was on a different weight loss program a couple of years ago and got to 167 lbs and liked the way I looked so that is why I set it for 160...I know that I can get there...but I know that I won't have the same stress in my life as I did last time around...
My younger sister was dying (and has since passed away) my husband was in Afghanistan and in harms way every day, and our very dear friend who was also in Afghanistan was killed by a roadside bomb! As I am an emotional eater...I didn't have a chance!

I was also wondering what POP and COD mean.

Thanks for your helps and I look forward to talking to you all!
pumpkinisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

First of all WELCOME and please thank your dear husband (DH) for all he has done together with all of our wonderful, fearless service personnel. Thank you also because your support to your DH and others is truly essential. I am so sorry to hear about your sister and I can imagine how hard this was on you and other family members.
Now to answer your questions. I am assuming that you signed up to lose X number of pounds and paid the specified amount to lose those pounds. Yes, you can lower your goal weight. My experience is that many people lower their weight loss goals. One common way to do this is to wait until you reach the original goal and then negotiate with your COD (Center of Doom) for additional weeks. Sometimes, Centers will offer specials for additional weeks as well. I would like to mention that you may lose additional pounds during the 6 week stablization period so it all depends on how much more you want to lose and how your body responds during stabilization.
I also understand that some people reach their original goal weight and then decide to go through stablization and start maintenance, but take a temporary break from the weight loss phase and then later on they jump on the weight loss band wagon again either by paying for more weight loss weeks or by reverting back to a lower amount of food servings. Hope this makes sense. Finally POP means "perfect on plan."
You will find other valuable information for newbies in the Announcement area which is closer to the top of the first page. Many of the regular posters to the LA weight loss community share stories and personal experiences in the weekly Losers and Friends thread. The Losers and Friends thread runs from Monday through Sunday of each week. Check it out when you get a chance. Due to the holiday weekend, it has been real quiet on the message board. Again welcome
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #3  

Ok found COD and POP...why centre of doom though? Sounds scary! LOL
Although I have only gone for 2 WI's...I guess down the road a bit it may begin to feel like the centre of doom...
Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #4  

Thanks for responding...I think we were posting at the same time.
When I go in for my next WI I am going to ask about changing my goal.
I want to lose a total of 60 lbs (right now) and perhaps more once I get there!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #5  

I have to say I don't agree with the terminology - center of doom. I guess some people have differing experiences with the centers that they go to. My experience has been mostly positive, but sometimes we as losers get frustrated when the plan does not go fast enough for us. Those times I wish the staff had more answers to why, why, why we can be staying the same weight. Maybe it has more to do with the sense of dread about the weigh ins. Sometimes you lose as you should; sometimes you stay the same, and sometimes you go up.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #6  

You can certainly ask them now about changing your goal, but they are going to want you to pay more now upfront to change that goal.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

I would 'ask' about it, but I certainly wouldn't commit until you are close to the end of your weight loss weeks. The only reason I say that is because I am nearing the end of my original weight loss weeks. I set my first goal for 180 - 36 pounds. I have two weeks left and I have lost 41 lbs. So, if I can lose 4-6 more pounds in the next two weeks, that's less $ I will have to pay for my next weeks. Also, some COD have specials, which mine did, and I will get 4 weeks free! So, I will only have to purchase around 10-12 weeks. Sorry to run on, welcome to the group!
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #8  

I am surprised that it will cost more but on my first day I said I wanted my goal to be 160 and she set it at 163...the way it worked out to lose 60lbs...my start weight was 223lbs...
This was the only thing I was worried about with LAWL before I joined, all the extra costs and hidden fees...I'm not doing any of the lites because I can't have soy...
I will take ppls advice and wait until I get closer to goal, which is in March.