Old 08-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #1  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Default anti-inflammatory diets

I was wondering if there was anyone else experiencing chronic inflammation (asthma, arthritis, heart disease) that was following an anti-inflammatory diet. i was looking to see if people had felt a difference while on the diet. I need some relief, and medicines work on a limited scale. I would gladly eat whatever necessary if it made my joints stop aching.

thanks!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #2  
Meg

I'm not sure if you're looking for a diet plan or not, but are you familiar with The Anti-Inflammation Zone by Barry Sears, author of the Zone Diet? He's been talking about the effects of silent inflammation on the body for years, long before it became popular. I have the book and think it's a sound and sensible eating plan.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #3  
Bingo

thanks meg. I am researching diet options. I am also looking to see if anyone is on such a plan or has any information about it. I'm definitely going to check out that book. thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #4  

The book Ultrametabolism by Mark Hyman M.D. speaks about inflammation. I am not following the plan, but it is a very good read.
WaistingAweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Barry Sears......way ahead of the curve

Yay, Meg! This the first post I have run intoto give Dr. Sears his credit due.....haven't looked for anything Zone specific, I confess......but YAY......he was way ahead of the curve....he was talking/explaining glycemic index way before South Beach. The Zone diet takes some study to get the hang of it, but once you do, it is as easy as any other diet.

Then he was on the inflammation trail.....got me on the Omega 3 trail for sure......fish oil capsules and lotza salmon and tuna....so, I know the post was about inflamation....it just bugs me he gets so little respect or attention.......he was the FIRST, for sure.....I guess he is laughing all the way to the bank....
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

A plant-based (vegan) diet, rich in antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and so on has been shown to be anti-inflammatory.

http://www.bastyrcenter.org/content/view/358/
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #7  
Bingo

thank you for this link. it's very helpful.