Old 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #1  
Bri

S/C/G: 243/241/155

Height: 5'7

Default Confused

I feel like I have not changed a bit, yes my clothes are looser but I dont see real results. Im really starting to get paranoid, and discouraged. What can I do? I see the lbs on the scale are going down but when will I see satisfying results. Its really upsetting me. I want to be thinner, and Im starting to get really agressive about it. 40 lbs lighter and I dont see a diffrence, what is wrong with me?
usmcwifeand4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #2  

I am in the same boat. 35 lbs down, and still no big changes. Clothes are a little looser. Numbers are slowly going down. But nothing major. Still in the same size. Someone tell us it's going to happen soon!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It will happen soon! Really!

The larger one is to start, the less noticeable weight loss will be at first. But there comes a point when it becomes much more obvious.

Physical activity/exercise can help along the way. Eating on program changes our size, toning our bodies changes our shape. Within limits, of course!

Don't give up! Keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #4  
Bri

S/C/G: 243/241/155

But it just feels so slow, it really makes me unmotivated. But then I look at my kids and I feel I have to do it for me and them so I can be healthy and happy to take care of them. Maybe I just anwsered my own thread.LOL. We all just need to get over that hump and keep running, cause thats the only way to go.Just keep going, when we feel like this, just keep staying busy, so we have less time to worry, and more calories to burn...LOL! Thanks all for the encouragment, I dont know what I would do with out this site.
usmcwifeand4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #5  

I feel the same way. I notice in pictures, but I look in the mirror and I do not see any changes.

Oddly enough, I am still wearing some of the same shirts that I wore 70 lbs ago, which are way too huge. I was walking through the hallway at work yesterday, and I saw my reflection in the glass on a doorway. My blouse looked like a dress!

But...I do not SEE it myself. For me I think it is psychological.

Also, some people noticing my loss while others not noticing has been difficult for me.
starzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #6  

That was how I felt in the beginning too. After the first 40 lbs., I didn't feel much different. Soon after though, I started to notice the difference. Hang in there!
aliceINonederland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

That's tough.

Sometimes it's so hard to see how far we've come when we're looking at ourselves in the mirror everyday isn't it?

When you're slow and steady in the loss it's hard to see the difference because it's progressive.

Could you maybe go out and buy a new piece of clothing or something? Something small that will help you to get your motivation back? And maybe help you see how far you've come? Because, honey, you have come SUPER far.

You have done amazing.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #8  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I started noticing it more when I began to wear smaller clothes and didn't just still try to hang out in my old 2X's.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

jennylou, that really does make a difference! I'm still trying to get by in some of my old big T's and shorts, when I really should be wearing a large or medium. I have to get more clothes that fit!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote