Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Default 2007-2008 School Year Weight Loss Challenge-from teens thread

Alrighty, well, i know for sure that being overweight makes school so much harder. And this is the last year of school that i want to spend overweight.

So, we've been talking in the teens thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118949

and we are going to have a weight loss challenge to lose weight this school year.
Highschoolers, College Kids, and i guess if there are Jr. Highers on here, are all welcome to join.

So, start by posting your starting weight, and your goal weight.
EACH WEEKEND: post your new weight, and how many pounds you have lost

we'll see who can reach their goal by the end of this school year (MAY 2008)

Good Luck Everyone!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 AM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

ill start:

STARTING WEIGHT: 161.2
GOAL WEIGHT: 130
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Me next!!!

Starting Weight for Challenge/Current Weight: 271
End of School Goal: 175

I think it would be a good idea to post when our school year starts and ends too. For me it starts on Sept. 10 and ends on May 23.
emgirl917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5

Starting weight:240
Goal weight:110
My school started two Wednesdays ago and ends the first Wednesday of June
JacquelineR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #5  
I believe

Height: 5'5"

well i'm in too!
starting weight: 167.5(i have to go back to the dietist to make sure of this, sorry!)
goal weight: in 10 months? euhm 135^^
my school starts tomorrow >_<, sept. 3 and ends on june 27 - 28 (that's not sure yet <_<)
Laetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #6  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

Start weight = 154
Goal weight = 140-147

gd luck ladies!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

Well I just started my Senior year on Aug. 20. Friday I started Jenny Craig and weighed in at 162.6... Since I'm graduating at the end of the first semester (Jan. 17) I would like to be at my goal weight of 122. Its really hard to manage my studies, diet, AND exercise! Well good luck to everyone!
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #8  

I am finding it hard to balance everything too. My Dad has been on business trips a lot lately so my life is really lacking in the structure dept. I have only lost 1 lb so far.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #9  
I believe

Height: 5'5"

emgirl917, it's better to lose 1 lb than to gain one

anyway i've lost 5kg or 6.6 lbs(it's converted so i don't know if it's corrext:P) but this wasn't only in the school period xD because of the appointment with the dietrician(i forgot the correct word again^^) so i probably lost only 2 lbs in the school period^^
Laetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

Hey! I'm Maggie and I'm new here. I just started my first year at college really far from my house and I don't know anyone. I've been at college for 4 weeks and they've sucked. It's been hard to make new friends, find healthy options to eat (seriously this place is stacked against you eating wise), excercise, study, sleep, and blah ablah blah. BUT I think I've figured it out. Found veggies options and protein and some kind of routine. Excercising is still an issue. I prefer to workout by myself in my room. I do videos and toning from a book, but timing of day is hard. So anyways, I'm like 5'9 ish and weigh 190 which is BMI-wise moderately overweight. I think I carry my weight pretty well. I usually feel good about myself but lately not so much because I'm surrounded by skinny minis! So yeah ideally i'd like to lose weight but i really just want to feel amazing and completely confident! Which i will!!! haha! I guess my goals are to be at 170-175 by thanksgiving. and then 160-165 by winter break. But that seems like too much too soon so I'll play it by ear as long as I'm losing! Oh and I don't have a scale to weigh myself so my next weigh in won't be until thanksgiving! So....what are your plans and methods, tips and advice?

<----Love it!
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #11  

this week's mini-goals:

Food: stick to food schedule (as in, don't binge in between!) and eat enough fruits and veggies every day

Fitness: Work out everyday doing 20 min pilates and alternate upper and lower body weights

And get 9 hours of sleep every night! No naps!! (big problem for me since starting college!)

what are your mini goals for this week, how are you doing on them and how's your week going? and how did this weekend go?

Have a great week everyone!
Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #12  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Definitely a good idea!!!

I'm in my last year of University and I wanna look good for grad in May!! (See the sig)... I lost a bunch of weight two years ago, and it's been slowly creeping up since. Got to get back on track now! My weight right now is 155 and I would love to be 125-130 for graduation...
I definitely understand the whole "school sucks for people trying to diet" thing. Surrounded by itsy bitsy girls who can eat fries and burgers every day and not go to the gym? Discouraging, to say the least!
I'm not on campus any more so at least I no longer have to deal with the meal plan thing.
My suggestions to those that are:
- Make the salad bar your best friend.
- If your school gives you membership to the gym, USE IT. You'll never get the chance to do it for free anywhere else. If you're self-conscious, get an mp3 player and ignore everyone else. The biggest thing I realized my frosh year was that everyone else is way too absorbed in their own problems to be focusing on your flaws, as hard as that is to believe. No one else cares if you're a little jiggly on the treadmill! But it'll make you feel so much better afterwards if you can just work up the courage to go!!
- Walk EVERYWHERE.
- For going-out nights: dance your little heart out, but don't drink much... it's not so bad if you just *pretend* to be a little tipsy! no one else will know.

Most important: make a goal, stick to it, but don't beat yourself up if you slip up once in a while. Everybody does; you just have to accept it, move on, and try to stay on plan for next time!!

I think this thread is an awesome idea... and if you're on this forum, you are making some really great choices already!!
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #13  

Thanks for the advice! We have a new rec center but it seriously is the most ill placed building and is separated from campus. i'll probably go there sometime but it's so intimidating and right now i'm pretty content with my pilates tapes and toning book. the salad bar is def my best friend too! the dining halls are only open mon-fri 9-7 which is like horrible planning for college students. that means on weekends only junk food available and my classes start before 9 and on 2 of the days i have class from 5-7 so... my school really puts its students first, right? and it's as if the dining halls are competing with the other places on campus so they usually have the same stuff but not as good as the other places. and everday one of the only options is a wrap sandwich when there are numerous wrap places on campus including the one 10 feet in front of the dining hall! and it's all on the dining plans so it's just stupid. and apparently tater tots are a vegetable. (i think not) and if they do have a cooked veggie that's it for both lunch and dinner. and breakfast is pretty good but again i have classes so i have to wait until after if i want something hot like eggs and today i waited 15 minutes for eggs but the were cooked on the same surface as the pancakes and bacon without being cleaned in between so the eggs were greasy! Sorry for the rant. I'm actually not in a bad mood it's just frustrating how hard it is to eat well. during orientation this woman said that we would all get the freshmen 15 no matter how we try to avoid it. but honestly it's not because the food is good it's that the only food available is junk!

on a pleasant note, i have been doing well this week and the dining hall posts its menu every monday for the week so i can kind of plan ahead (they don't list sides) and the convenience store has canned veggies when the hall isn't open. I do walk A LOT! but that's gonna suck in a few months when the snow storms come. at first i didn't think our school was hilly but it is! my hall is on top of a hill and all my classes are too so i get a great leg workout! during orientation all the girls in my hall would talk about what muscles were sore and stuff! it was great!

haha! "pretend" to be tipsy!

Thanks again for the advice!

oh yeah, and their take on vegatrian options is to have pasta. the only vegetarian option is pasta. every day.

Last edited by M a g g i e; 09-17-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:18 AM   #14  

Smile

I think my scale is crazy. It says I've lost 5lbs this week but, I haven't done any better than last week. Oh well, a loss is a loss!

Friday I leave to go visit my dad's side of the family. There will be lots of oppertunities to overeat and not many oppertunities to exercise. I'll have to exercise a lot of self control! I can do it though.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #15  

yeah!! congrats on your weight loss! I totally understand about visitng your family. mine is the same way! definetly go for the veggies and put out carrots or dipable veggies for everyone to munch on that way you can eat the raw veggies without dip (or with a little) and not stand out. and maybe get someone to go on a walk with you! good luck!