Old 08-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Shopping for a bridesmaid dress - not so bad this time around

Well,

My cousin is getting married in November, so I went to order my bridesmaid dress today. We had gone a couple of months ago to try on and look at the different styles. I think David's Bridal dresses must run small, because I had already lost some weight and could barely get into a size 20. Well, today, I had no trouble fitting into an 18 & the top was actually too big. I am so happy that I was able to go down a whole dress size in 2 months. Plus, I probably would of had to get at least a 22, maybe a 24 if I hadn't lost any weight. While I wanted to be in a 16 for the wedding, I'm very happy to be down to this size (I never thought I would be happy to be in an 18). Just wanted to share and pose this question.

Do you have a specific story when you were trying on/buying something specific and remember being able to get a smaller size? Maybe some encouraging stories will help us all. I can't weight until I can fit into a single digit size!

P.S. Less than 3 pounds until under 200!!!!!!! I am sooo excited
Kathryn
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #2  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Well, I dont have a trying on story, But this should be close enough! My wedding dress (from more than 2 years ago) is too big for me now...

I havent been in the 240's in over 3 years! I know that happy feeling Kathryn! I almost cried when I saw the scale go down to 249!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I'm with you Kimberly. When the scale went from 210 to 209 I was so excited to be in "single" digits.
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #4  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

I hear you I felt like doing cartwheels when the scale went below 150 for the first time in years!!!!
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:00 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i was trying on jeans last month and was shocked that i was in a size 16 (non stretch!) jeans! i took 18's into the fitting room with me and they were too baggy. also, being able to buy junior's size tank tops and size XL or L shirts. i still keep looking for 1X or 2X shirts and size 18 or 20 jeans and have to remember that i'm not that size anymore.

awesome job on the bridesmaid dress! and for almost being below 200!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:37 AM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I used to pull my jeans out of the laundry and be confused as to whose stack to put them in, then remember, DUH! Those are mine! I have had similar experiences with bras. The girls have shrunk a lot. The other day, I pulled a black tank top out of my drawer to wear under something else. After I put it on, I noticed how high the neck was, and that it was a little short. I took it off and checked the tag. It belongs to my 7 year old son. I put it back on a wore it proudly. My DH thinks that I am crazy!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:43 AM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I would have done the same darn thing Katie
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote