Old 08-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #1  
Ready & Willing

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Not ENOUGH calories??

bahhh.. i've always struggled with weightloss growing up.. I'm not uncomfortably overweight, but id really like to be thinner and more fit. Right now im sitting at about 143 lbs, id like to be at 125-128 lbs. This is considered healthy for my height (5'2") so im not doing anything too extreme. Anywho, ive been counting calories.. and shooting for about 1000-1200 cals a day.. but sometimes I even end up coming short of 1000!! But Im not hungry.. should I be eating MORE calories to lose weight?? I feel like its not doing anything.. I also walk to and from work every day at a good pace, which is about an hr. combined each day.
Caitlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #2  
Bikini Season :)

make a point to not go below 1200 a day - keep a food diary, carry a couple low calorie healthy snacks to munch a little in between meals. not only will it make sure that you meet your caloric needs but it can also help to keep your metabolism well fueled. drink lots of water too!

also for your walks - walks are great - but you'll see better results if you spend time doing some workouts that will increase your heart rate to your target range...
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #3  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I really can't say, since it's different for everyone, but I will tell you that I stalled after only about 3 weeks into my weight loss. I had been eating about 1200 calories a day. I bumped it up to 1400, and the weight started coming off again! I was also working out (weights and cardio) 5 days a week, so I think I just wasn't getting enough fuel for the amount I was working out.
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I have always heard that you should eat at least 1200 calories when losing weight or you body will go into starvation mode. When in starvation mode you body will actually preserve fat and loss muscle. Additionally you are probable not getting in the recommended nutrions that your body needs.

I took a peek at your fitday, I don't know if you have been recording everything but it seems that you are substantially below 1200 calories most days. It doesn't look like you are eating much at all. One stragaty I would suggest is trying to eat small meals every 3 - 4 hours. Try and include protein in every meal. I try and eat very well balanced meals so I will eat protein, grain, dairy, and a fruit or vegetable at every meal.

I am by no means a weight loss expert these are just things I've read or suggestions that I find helpful. My last suggestion would be that you might want to consult a dietitian or nutritionist (if you go to university they might offer this service for free) and talk to them. The would be able to look at your meals and help you form a more comprehensive weight loss plan.

Good luck!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #5  
Resident Molly

S/C/G: 231/191/160

Height: 5ft 8in

I try to stay between 1500 and 1200 calories a day. Anything more or less and I don't lose weight.
LeiGul is offline   Reply With Quote