Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8

Default new to the GYM, what can i do to lose the most?

i have exactly 1 month and 1 week to lose as much weight i possibly can. i have the diet part of it down but i noticed my weight slowing down these last few weeks so i decided to join my local gym, i start today. what types of exercise should i focus on? i plan to attend 5-6 days a week for at least 2 hours + water aerobics (whatever time that takes). iam determined, sort of like a pegant girl on the lasts weeks before her pagent. now i dont expect to lose 30 pounds or something outrageous like that but i would like to lose 15 which i know is possible since i have done it without exercise (well, walking was about it) in the past. thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #2  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

cardio and strength straining! Cardio 5 or 6 days, strength train 3 days. If your gym has kickboxing aerobics classes - try those! Im serious you will get great results. In fact, Im about to check to see which one of my gyms around here is doing kickboxing today. Im going to look into doing actual kickboxing (not aerobics) You can burn 700-900 calories per workout.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  

you look great now, you looked great then. thank you so much i will see into kickboxing. from the looks of the calendar they gave me.. they have something called cardio kick.. maybe thats kick boxing? ill see about it today. once again thank you.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:49 PM   #4  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

I just have to ask, what happens in one month and one week?
I have always heard that walking walking walking is what does the trick. Do you keep track of how many steps per day you take? Try getting a pedomiter, (sp?) you can find them at Target for less than $20.
Goodluck on your mission!!!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #5  

its a very special ocassion for me.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #6  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Default elliptical for me

I was walking four miles a day and got stuck. When I started to use the elliptical for the same length of time, I was amazed at how quickly things got moving.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote