Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #1  

Default LA @ home program

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. I have been lurking for a few days and decided to join in. I am wanting to join LAWL but I would like to use the online program. My goal is to lose 15-20 pounds. I read somewhere online that they deliver everything to your door and then you can do everything else from the web site. I do not live close to a center so this would be best for me. However, I can't seem to find where you sign up for this. Every web site directs me to the nearest center and every phone number also puts me at the center. The people who answer the phone won't give me any information except trying to push me into coming to the center for an appointment. Do you have to go to a center first to do the at home program?

Thanks for any info you may have on this program.

Marie
marierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #2  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

I tried to find something for you online, but I couldn't either. I'd call 1-800-331-4035 and ask a counselor. They'll probably want you to come in, but they might help if you explain to them that you don't have a LAWL near you.
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #3  

Thanks for the response. I did try calling the number and it does connect me to the closest center. They only want me to come in for an appointment and are quite pushy about it. I explained that I am interested in the online program and she said "No, you need to come to the center". I explained that I am not close plus I have a little one and she just kept saying "We will work with you on that". So I don't know how to find out about the online program.

What I read was that it is $219 to join online and then they will deliver products to you and you use the online site to track everything. The problem is I can't find anything to sign up. There is a site at laathome.com but it just directs me back to the closest center. Has anyone used this program? Maybe someone can provide more info.

Marie
Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/246/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Link for LAWL Online

http://www.pureweightloss.com/GetStarted.aspx

Try the link above...it should take you to the page to fill out the online application.

Best of luck!

Sue
Suz160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #5  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

The LA online program is not available all over the US and is not available in most areas of Canada yet. A while back someone had the same issues and even tried putting in a zip code where it was available to sign up and it just booted her out, saying it's not available. I can't get it here in Montana, but the manager of my center did say that we were supposed to be getting access to it before the end of the year.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #6  

Thanks Sue and Deb! I tried the link you provided Sue and if I use my real zip code it leads me to my closest center site. If I use another zip it takes me to the sign up page. I am going to give that a try and see if it accepts my billing info. I hope it doesn't kick me out becuase i really want to try this. If all else fails I will have to find a way to make it to the center. There is no way I could go several times a week, it is too far.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Well, I had this link from a previous post that takes you to the LA Weight Loss At Home log in page. On the bottom is a place to 'become the newest client. Think that you have to go through that main web page and enter your zip, it then takes you to a page where it shows you your options, (just my guess).

Oh Oh, when I clicked on that to test it, it took me to the page that Deb sent you.

http://laathome.com/ClientLogin.aspx...DiaryHome.aspx

Sorry abou that, figured it was worth a shot, anyway.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #8  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Some centers do a once a week weigh in and then 2 call in's for those that are far away. The three times a week weigh in's were incentive to get the rebate, but I don't think they do that anymore. Maybe you could work something like that out with them if you can't get into the website.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote