Old 08-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default I just keep getting hurt!

My wrist isnt 100% yet and I have injured my lower back!!! I was getting things ready to go to the flea market and sell all my junk. I think it happened when I was moving the ceramic tile. Yesterday my feet hurt so bad I needed to sit down but when I did I could barely get back up. When i got home I took a very hot bath hoping that will help. Later that night I wasnt able to even sit up in the chair. Today i have basically been in bed all day long. I hope this doesnt last long. I need to go to work tomorrow but I dont think I can do much more other than sitting in the chair. I have done excellent on my diet the last week but today has been a challenge. I have basically been in the bed all day and wanting to eat. Im trying really hard not to eat for no reason but Im having problems findong other things to do b/c I cant realyl get up and around.

ugh!
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I'm so sorry you're hurt, Cara! Take care. Do you have a heating pad? I find that helps when I hurt my back. Unfortunately, time seems to be the best remedy...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #3  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Awww.

Have you tried yoga or pilates or any type of stretching regimen?
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #4  

I do have a heating pad but havent gotten it out yet. Abotu the only stretching I can do is when IM laying in the bed and pull my legs straight up. I cant bend over at all. Im bout to smack my husband real goo db/c anytime something is wrong with me he acts like a jerk. He does nursing asst jobs on the side and he works with this one guy sat and sun morning. The guy always calls for extra help. He called while I was on the phone and then proceeded to call my cell and home phone 2 times each. I finally answered thye phone and told him I hurt my back and Lee was in the shed, I already made it out there once to take him the phone and he would call him back as soon as he could. I just cant believe the nerve of this guy sometimes. He knew this morning that I had hurt my back. I already cant get much help out of my husband but at least him being here is better than him not being here b/c he can at least help take care of our daughter.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Cara. I'm so sorry that now you've hurt your back. Try real hard to hang in there, though I know it seems incredibly difficult. And remember that this too shall pass.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am sorry, I hope you feel better asap.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Cara - Ouch, it sounds so painful. I hope you feel better soon but I know back trouble takes time. One thing to keep in mind: While heat/hot baths seem to help most people, it makes matters much worse for some. I'm one of those.
My back trouble is some kind of inflammation. A hot bath feels good while I'm taking it, but I will be unable to move the next day because the heat inflames the nerves further. I mention this because it sounds like the hot bath aggravated your back.
Anyway, we are all pulling for you.
GingerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #8  

Its been pretty bad since yesterday. I put a girdle on thinking some support would help. I thought if I could make it to the gym tomorrow I would sit in the hot tub! I know everything will be ok, im just frustrated because I have so much I need to be doing instead of sitting on my butt. I had a pretty good dinner (tomato soup, with grilled cheese made with 1 slice of bread, ff cheese and spray butter) but I did just eat an ice cream cone at least it was reduced fat ice cream. I think I should just take another muscle relaxer and go to sleep so I'll stop mindless munching.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #9  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Cara.... I know exactly how you feel. Last August I had back surgery because I had a herniated disk that was pinching a nerve in my left leg and the pain got so bad at one point right before my surgery that I had to quit my job and was taking Vicodin every 4 hours. it was horrible and then last week I was doing laundry (which I am still not really allowed to pick up stuff that is over 10 pounds) and I picked the laundry basket up off my floor and hurt my back. I was a little scared thinking that I had herniated the disk again. But I think that it was just muscular because my back isnt that strengthened yet. And I think that I picked up the basket with my back instead of my knees. So all weekend I have been in alot of pain and very tired cause I cant sleep very good cause I cant get comfortable. But it is getting better. So I hope that things get better for you soon. ( :
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Cara, I hope your back is feeling better today.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:43 PM   #11  

Just got back from the Dr, I have a sprained back! He gave me a muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory. I asked him how long until I was better. He said 2 weeks!!! I sad well let me rephrase teh question, I work and have a 3 yo, how long until Im better. He laughed and said I need bed rest for the next 48 hours and I can go back to work after that.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #12  

Well I was getting better until today. I was sitting up and got extreme pain in my lower back. now I canteven walk without hurting. I am so bored with nothing to do!! I have to go back to the dr today at 4 since I got worse. I called my dad and was talking to him about how Im immobile and no one has called to see if I need any help. He said im supposed to have a loving supportive husband to coordinate things with. Myhusband works 7 days a week so yes he does try to help out but I always thought parents were supposed to step in when theres something wrong with their kids. I always help other people out but Im not one to ask for help. I just dont understand it. If you know me then you know I always keep my house clean, I have a young child so if you know I have been bedridden since Sat wouldnt you think I may need someone to fix a meal or clean up the kitchen or help me get a bath!!! For petes sake, I stink but I cant get in the tub. I know yall may think my husband should help me and he does try but my mom is a nurse and knows how to do these things without hurting someone too bad. She use to work with spinal cord patients and my father had injured his back pretty severe 20 years ago so they understand my pain.

Sorry for venting but Im just so frustrated. For soem reason I have a hard time telling my parents how I feel and I let htem walk all over me. When I was complaining to my dad he askedme what could he do, I just finished saying how I was hungry and my house was a mess and I got even more frustrated that he asks me what he could do instead of saying he was on the way to help me. Jeez!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara1980 View Post
I always help other people out but Im not one to ask for help.
I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time. My husband also works really long hours, so I relate to how tough it can be for him to try and add extra responsibility and for you to try and take care of a 3-year-old and yourself without any assistance.

But I also know that my inability to acknowledge my needs and ask for help instead of hoping someone would realize that I needed help has been one of my major life barriers (and has contributed to my weight issues). So, I will share with you an assignment that my therapist gave me (modified for your situation), and encourage you to give it a shot.

Call your mom (or dad or someone else), tell her that you're in a great deal of pain, and ask her if she can come help you bathe and straighten up your house. Try not to do it with a "You owe me this and should have known what I needed so I didn't have to ask" attitude. Rather, take responsibility for ensuring that your needs are met by just letting her know you need help, and asking her to do very specific and reasonable things. It's a hard, hard thing to do, but so is weight loss, and you've been very successful at that!

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #14  

Thanks Laurie. I did call my mom earlier and told her I needed help. She asked what I needed and I told her we needed something for dinner since all the leftovers were gone. She was goign to run by churches or KFC for me until I called cuz my husband got off early. I posted on a local computer board here about needing someone to come and clean the house up for me tomorrow, my dads girlfriend called and said she would do it but I needed to give her gas money. Tomorrow I'll find out if I have to stay on bedrest longer and if I do, Im goign to call my mom and see if she can come out sat morning and stay with me and DD while DH is at work for a few hours.

I did go back to the Dr today and my left side is in spasms. I cant wait to get better!!! All this inactivity is making me lazy and fat!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #15  

Height: 5'5"

It's so brave to ask for help. Good for you for doing it. Hope the back will improve soon so that you can get back to your life!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote