Old 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Exclamation went for a thyroid test

Well this morning I went to see my doctor about my thyroid ( I think I have the nicest doctor ever) she does not act like a regular doctor more like your friend too.

Anyhow she checked me over all sounds and seems good so we discussed the weight thing ... I told her I had lost 16 lbs and was tryin to get down to 150lbs she was happy to hear that and good for you ! She set up my test with going to get blood work and sugar levels. Shr asked me if I have trouble with constipation or the opposite? I said ,ya she asked which one I said well both either I don't go for days and when I do go its seems like it never ends.

she asked about being cold or hot when others are not? I said well there are times when everyone is fine but i am cold with a big blanket on and other times I ma sweating terribly and everyone is fine. she just said , ok. I never asked why... I never thought of asking actually!

so went get blood drawn.... what a job 3 pokes on one arm to have no luck... so now I am sweating to death from it hurting and my fear of needles. then she said lets do the next arm .... as I am planning to run out the door! she finally gets it and in no time she was done.

i will hear from them she thought by Thursday one way or another.

guess I can wait and see now.

I weighed at the doctor 212.2 I head over to the LAWL to do a weigh in up 212.6. they recorded it as 212.2 though she said when your body goes under stress like even that you will regain a bit from the needle etc.

Wonder what she is thinking from my answers??
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #2  

Good Luck on your test. I have a thryiod problem and take med. You lose weight very slowly. So don't get depress over it. It will come.
dwilkinsonofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #3  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Wow.... I remember one time my dotor wanted me to go in for the test and I cant remember but I never went. I think I should start to set up an appointment because it does run in my family.... plus I am over weight maybe my doctor can give me suggestions. She will not be very happy with my BMI I know that for a fact. Good luck on your test...
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #4  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Steph - I have a thyroid problem and am on medication. The reason she was asking the questions is to check to see if you have symptoms for thyroid problems. I lose weight but it comes off very slowly. It gets frustrating but it will come off.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #5  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Well I just made an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to get a full physical , and also they are going to do some blood tests. thyroid problems run in my family...so I guess it is good to check out. I was reading some of the symptoms. So, I will let you all know how it goes.. I have not had a full physical is a long time... and so I think it is time for me to go in .... I didnt go because at the time I did not have medical insurance...now I have it I am going to take the advantage of making sure all is good
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote