Old 08-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #1  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Default Ok...I made the call...

I've been doing the plan on my own this time...haven't been to my center since july of last year. I've been wanting to call them and see if I could go back and pick up where I left off so that I will get my stabilization and maintenance info once the time comes. Plus I'm not sure if I should move down a plan or not since I'm getting closer to my goal.
So, I called. Luckily, the counselor that I really liked answered. I asked her if I could finish out my weeks and she said "not a problem". So I'm going to meet with her tomorrow at noon. So we'll see if they try to charge me anything. I don't mind paying for weight loss weeks, which is probably what they'll want me to do. I have 20 pounds to go, so that's only 10 weeks.
Anyway, I'll let you all know what happens.
Oh, and they changed their sign over the weekend to Pure Weightloss...so maybe new plans? I guess I'll find out...
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good luck Tina!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Tina, they will be amazed to see you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Hope things go well Tina! Let us know!
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Tina..........you are going to totally rock out now.........the extra support will get you to your goal in no time I hope they are cooperative
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #6  

Update...so I get a voice mail last night and it's the counselor that I like. She says, "Hi Tina, I talked to Renee (the counselor I do not like) and she said that for you to come back, you'll have to purchase the entire program again...but this week the program is 25% off. So you can give me a call or if I don't hear from you, then I'll just see you tomorrow at noon."
EXCUSE ME???!!!
I am so incredibly angry and have been since last night. It's just further verification that Renee only cares about the money, not the clients which is the reason I never liked her in the first place.
So I plan on calling to ask her to explain...but every time I go to dial the number I have to hang up because my blood pressure starts to go up again!
UGGHHH!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Go get her girl! Thats outrageous!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #8  

I called...and she answered...I said, "I got Adrian's message last night and I don't understand". She said what exactly did her message say. I said, well after Adrian talked to you, you said that I couldn't come back without purchasing a new plan. She said, "Oh yes, the plan that you purchased, well, let's see, it was, oh I forget the date...I'll tell you what...let me finish up with this client and I'll pull your file and call you back." This ought to be very interesting. So I'm thinking...is she going to tell me that the plans have changed so I have to buy the new one? Well, I don't think so!!! So let's see if she can stutter her way through this. And you know, even if she would change her tune and let me come back, I'm not sure if I even want to now! At this point I want her to explain herself.
I mean, sure, I haven't been in the center for a year, but I have already purchased plans from them TWICE!!! Once before DD and again after. The problem is that I didn't stick it out long enough to get my maintenance stuff. But I have stayed subscribed to laathome...so WHAT'S THE PROBLEM???!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:10 AM   #9  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

You paid for a service you didn’t receive, so I think you should at least get the stabilization and maintenance weeks w/o having to pay again. Couldn’t you threaten to have them refund your money for the paid, unused stabilization and maintenance weeks? I know I can get a refund at my COD (minus the start up fee, I think is what they call it, which was $149 +/-). I know this because I have threatened them before. I fought them tooth and nail before they admitted anything about a refund but I believe it said something on my contract about getting one. Double check your contract. It’s worth a try if they don’t budge on letting you come back w/o having to pay.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #10  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Good luck Tina....I think this is the exact reason I hesitate to go back to my COD....let us know what happens.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #11  

Thanks, Dawn...unfortunately, I cannot find my contract. She did call back and said that it's been a year since I've been in so my weeks ran consecutively and ran out, so that is why I would have to purchase a new plan...But we're making lots of exciting changes here...we're now known as Pure Weightloss...this is where I cut her off. I said, "I have purchased two plans from you in the past. I will not purchase another plan. I have everything I need on the laathome website, so thanks but no thanks! She said, okay then, thanks for calling...#$%^&!!!
You know, after the past 12 hours of feeling stressed, I really don't want to deal with these people again anyway. Being stressed out was the reason that I stopped the plan a year ago. I'm much better off with the website and you all! You've been WAY more supportive and helpful than my center has ever been!
So I'm just gonna put this behind me...I don't need them!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #12  

Hi Joni! We were posting at the same time. As you can see, it wasn't worth my time or energy.

Oh, and when I told her that I still subscribed to laathome, she said, "Did you renew or did you purchase the $200 plan?" I told her that I renewed and she said, "Oh, then that's different...they're two totally different things"...No they're not! Either way, you gain access to the exact same website! The only difference is the price and the fact that I'm not paying for the lites by doing it my way.
Again, it's all about the money...
Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #13  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Your right Tina...you DON"T need them. Look how awsome you've done without them. You can finish this on your own.....no problem. We are all here for you!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #14  

Thanks, Carrie
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #15  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Tina, I’m sorry they gave you such a run around, and you’re right, you have great support here, but I just wanted to say one more thing about the contract. (I hate to see people get robbed and treated unfairly.) I’m pretty certain they have a copy of the contract. You could pay them a surprise visit and just ask them to see your file and/or contract and then make a copy of it. Once you have a copy of it, study it and see if you can find any loophole and then take it up with LAWL direct. Last time I was at the COD I picked up a card it said, “How Are We Doing, Contact Us: Customer Service at 1-866-359-9303”. I’m not sure if that’s the same number we’ve posted on here before, but it’s worth a call to complain. Just a thought!! Can you tell I don’t like to back down from a fight!! Growing up, my mom always thought I’d make a great lawyer.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote