Old 08-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Default Slow start

Well I normally get my inspiration from just reading the forums of you inspirational ladies but I thought it was time to actually speak up. I have been working out for 6 weeks, 4 times a week doing the Kickboxing classes. I started at 235 and I weighed myself for the first time and I lost 2 pounds. I was actually excited cause my body usually takes 5-8 weeks to lose weight. My goal weight is 130 so I have 103 pounds to go. I just need to take it one step at a time and deep breaths. I want to lose ten percent of my weight by christmas, so I am crossing my fingers. I don't want to sabotage myself this time. I want to become a healthy mom. I just need to be patient. It is hard sometimes to take it one day at a time when I so badly want to fast forward to x-mas. I have 7 sister in laws and they all are like 5'9'' and skinny skinny. I feel so bad around them. When the get pregnant the lose more weight. When they get together all they talk about is there cellulite and arm wrestle each other. I want to hide in a corner and pretend I am not there, but I don't want them to know I feel so uncomfortable so I hide it best I can. Well there it is I hope I can have enough motivation to stick to this life change.

Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 AM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Ah, relatives. Can't live with 'em, Can't get rid of 'em. Your exercise plan sounds like it's off to a great start! And your goal sounds reasonable. Come join us and post often!

Welcome out of lurkdom!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So glad you decided to join us. You can do this!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
Welcome. It is better to go slow then not to go at all. good luck.
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I am so glad that you are here and are participating.

I know what you mean about listening to others, whom you feel are "skinny" talk about their weight issues. Conversations like that amongst my friends used to make me cringe and want to curl up and die. I too did my best to hide it from them. So, I most certainly understand where you are coming from.

Great going on that kickboxing class!!! It sounds great. Do you have a food plan that you are following as well?

Anyway, good luck to you. I have no doubt you'll be making that Christmas goal of yours. There's absolutely no reason why you can't. It's all up to you and you most certainly CAN do this. I look forward to getting to know you better.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome and great job! You've got the scale going in the right direction and that is half the battle!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I know - I want this all in a hurry too. Your plan sounds great - just stick to it!

Glad to see you out of lurkdom!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Glad you've started posting! I think you'll really enjoy the interaction, here. It's extremely motivating!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! Sound like you are on the right track already. You will find great friends here who give wonderful support when you need it. It really has made the biggest difference with me and my "healthy lifestyle change" this time. I hope to stick with this by continuting to come here. Looking forward to hearing more from you. P.s. that picture of the little boy on your post is adorable.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Default Thanks

Thanks so much ladies, and that adorable boy is mine I have not been counting calories that is too "I am on a diet" mentality, and I always choke up on that. I have cut out all fast food and all soda which was a major temptation. I have been gradually adding more fiber and I have been drinking tons of water. Mostly I have been eating 5-7 times a day little snacks. Each time the snacks get healthier. It is the only way I think I can make this change for good. I want to start mesuring myself but I need to go get a tape mesure first, have not had the time.

Thanks so much for the encouragement gals!!

Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote