Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #1  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Default 98 pounds to go!!!!!

I weighed myself this morning- I lost another four pounds, which means I now have less than 100 pounds to go to get to my goal!!!! I am so excited for some reason- this is such a HUGE milestone for me- getting under the 100 pounds has now made me even more motivated to keep going.

I've only lost 44 pounds and right now it doesn't show anywhere because I have so much to lose, but I know I am feeling much better- healthier, more fit, and stronger each day. I'm no longer huffing and puffing bringing in groceries from the car, weight lifting has helped with that along with lots of walking, jogging, running, hula hooping and dancing.

None of my clothes have changed in sizes yet, but that will come in time.

I'm just so excited right now, I could jump for joy! 98 pounds to go- woohoo!

My next goal, it's so foolish, but I need to get to 251. Last year, I weighed 252 pounds before I got a medical condition that caused some let's just say, not so good times for me last year. I had lost 24 pounds and was doing great, but was so depressed, I gained it all back plus another 22 additional pounds. Once I get to 251, I will definitely know that I am on my way to losing this weight for good.

I walked a mile this morning and rode the stationary bike for 6 miles to celebrate this little victory.

Onward and upward!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Congrats!!!! That is really great news, I know how good it feels to be under 100lbs. You go girl!!!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! And what a great way to celebrate your victory!

We started so close to the same time (I think you started two days later) and have been fairly close in losses (though you're always slightly ahead of me!) that I love to watch you progress. You help keep me motivated to keep at it. 3 more pounds to 251! Can't wait to see you make that goal too.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #4  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

You have accomplished so much already, and the satisfaction of knowing you have a two digit amount to lose instead of a 3 digit amount, well, I'm sure you're yelling from the roof tops! And what a fabulous way to celebrate...by exercising! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

That's WONDERFUL, congrats!

BTW--My husband played football in college, and they gave him the nickname "Steel"...it stuck, and I call him that to this day...so I'm another "Steel's Lady", lol. I smile every time I see your screen name.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #6  
Going down, my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty81668 View Post

Congrats!!!! That is really great news, I know how good it feels to be under 100lbs. You go girl!!!!!
cheryl
Thankyou, hellokitty! It really does feel great to be under 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
Congratulations! And what a great way to celebrate your victory!

We started so close to the same time (I think you started two days later) and have been fairly close in losses (though you're always slightly ahead of me!) that I love to watch you progress. You help keep me motivated to keep at it. 3 more pounds to 251! Can't wait to see you make that goal too.
Awe, thanks, LaurieDawn! I had no idea I motivated anyone. I've been watching your progression as well- you're doing great! Losing that much in a short amount of time is awesome, considering I have more to lose than you. I know it's harder to get the weight off when you don't have as much to lose- so I consider your progress to be fantastic and motivating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
You have accomplished so much already, and the satisfaction of knowing you have a two digit amount to lose instead of a 3 digit amount, well, I'm sure you're yelling from the roof tops! And what a fabulous way to celebrate...by exercising! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thanks, boaterswife! My son started laughing at me when I started exercising. He's such a tease- told me I should have a roast beef sandwich to celebrate instead. I told him I was going to have that for lunch anyway, but I had to earn it first by burning the calories off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie501107 View Post
That's WONDERFUL, congrats!

BTW--My husband played football in college, and they gave him the nickname "Steel"...it stuck, and I call him that to this day...so I'm another "Steel's Lady", lol. I smile every time I see your screen name.
Thanks, Cassie! Don't see too many Steel's Lady's around these parts.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 PM   #7  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Ohhhhh, envy envy envy! I'll get there too, I will! I always wondered what your handle meant. I like it!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Congratulations! I am sure you will be in a new size soon, and that will be an NSV to add to this incredible milestone.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

You must feel on top of the world! Keep up the good work!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #10  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Congrats!!! Woooo hoo! Must feel awesome. I need to lose another 16 to get to that point... another few months but I can't wait. "Only" 44? Thats a Huge accomplishment! We'll be here rooting you on for the next 44!

(Edit oops. I need to lose another 13 I forgot my weigh in today... but this isn't about me anyway. )
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
I've only lost 44 pounds
Girlfriend, 44 pounds is an awesome accomplishment! This past weekend, I told someone that I'd only lost 26 pounds.....and they looked at me like I was crazy. "Only 26 pounds? That is a lot! I can't seem to lose 15" she told me. You know what, she's right. We fight hard for every single one of these pounds, so be proud. You've lost 44 pounds!!!!!

Okay...I'm off my soap box. And, Congrats on having less that 100 to go.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh this IS a huge milestone. I'm so very happy for you. You are well on your way to reaching your goal!!! Keep up the amazing work. Congratulations.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations! It is amazing how certain numbers really have a lot of meaning for us - I'm sure it will be great motivation to keep going
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #14  
Going down, my way!

Thanks, everyone! I forgot to add above, I can't wait to hit 250 pounds so I can finally use the Ab Lounger. I tried it out once when I didn't know the weight limit, and I loved it. Another few more pounds to go.

I may have had the tension a tad too high on the stationary bike yesterday, as my legs are just a tiny bit sore this morning. Me thinks I'll just walk the track and work on my arms and abs today.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

Congratulations!!
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote