Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Weight Loss & Chitchat #265

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:16 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Neal's first night of bowling for the season is tonight, but I didn't know that in advance, and didn't make any plans for myself. I miss my buddy! What to do, what to do????
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- I hope you found something to do. I am never at a loss of something to do, just trying to decide WHICH something I want to spend time on. I haven't heard that the ticks are more than usual this year. Since we moved in here amongst the trees we are constantly checking our hair and the dog. Ew....ticks, ugh.

Jules- Hope the allergies don't kick your butt too badly. Mine are not acting up yet..knock on wood. Wow, sorry to hear about Jerry's accident. Does he know Jane's DH? haha.. Hope he heals with no problems.

Cristina- Thank you, Mom is feeling a little better since the anti-nausea meds are working for her. We finally got her appt. moved up to next week with the surgeon. I know they have to do something for her, but I am so worried about surgery. Hey, you are doing so well on your walking and other exercise. Yay!

Pink Jane- Did you get a new computer? I am anxious to hear how people like Vista, or what the differences are. Almost vacation time for you...I wish it was me.

Marti- Sounds like a great week-end with Jhani. She is growing up and will be dating before you know it. My DGD turned 16 in Feb. and today she came over to show grandma her "new" used car. She is so proud of saving half for a used teal Cavalier with a sunroof, don't ya know. Her dad paid the other half as her sweet 16 gift. She is a sweetie and works at Subway. But dang...I am remembering just yesterday when she was a chubby cuddly baby. *boo hoo* Now she is a junior trying to decide where to go to college as she wants to be a dentist.

Tammy- How is your quiet week going? You and Jane should have gotten together tonight. haha Some days I would like to send my DH off for a day or two. He used to get to travel a couple times a year for his job and if I didn't go with him I enjoyed the alone time. Now I get alone time as he spends all day in his workshop...but it isn't the same. Hope you are enjoying your time!

Mindee- I hope you are getting your walking in. It is cooler here too and very pleasant to be outdoors for a change. How is the potty training going today? I remember those days....fun. And the big boy bed, how great is that for Logan? Tell us how that is going too.

Sassy- Hi to you too lady. Hope all is well with you.

I did really well today. Ended up riding 4 miles. I walked almost a mile also. I am trying to walk a little now in the morning to get myself limber for the biking. Seems to be helping the joints. I also ate better, not perfect, but better. I was up and down the ladder washing fans and cleaning the tops of the kitchen cabinets. I finally got some greenery to decorate the top of some cabinets. It is looking pretty good if I do say so. I am not good at decor and really need a decorator. I just try to do what I like and sometimes it works and other times I go back and get rid of it. LOL

Grocery day tomorrow. Nothing else planned until a visit to DH's sis' house on Thurs.

I know I didn't get everyone...but I am thinking of you all..so be good!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:05 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....well, we have the new big boy bed up and the crib! Logan loves his bed! In fact, Brandon was trying to claim it as his bed. But as I type this, Logan is sleeping well in his bed. Marissa's crib is up, and she is sleeping in the bassinet for right now until I go to bed. She was having trouble falling asleep earlier....every time she tried to fall asleep the boys would wake her up!

The potty training.....well, that is not going so well. He still refuses to wear diapers. But he won't go potty on the potty! I try to get him to go and he won't. He will go into the bathroom, stand there, and do nothing. I do have to say however, he didn't go in the bathroom. He waited until I sat down, ran into the kitchen, waited for me to get out there, and then proceeded to pee on the kitchen floor!

Jane~ I am hoping that when the boys leave her alone that she will be more into wanting to do things. She loves sticking her tongue out right now! I am thinking of trying her on cereal Tuesday night. I made her a bottle, and I swear she drank it in about five minutes time! Then once she drank it, I walked by and she was chewing on her fingers!

Sue~ We didn't get a walk in as a family. But while Tommy was switching things around, I got in a game of chase with Brandon and Logan! So, there is some exercise!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies....

I'm so tired. I stayed up until 1:30.....I knew DH would be home soon and I wanted to view the Lunar Eclipse. He got home around 2:30 and I got up and we both stayed up until 4:50!! I just couldn't get right back to sleep either so who knows when I finally dozed off......................

.................................................. ..So I'm sleepy.

So I'll try and catch up later tonight, but probably won't until tomorrow morning, going to bed early sound wonderful!

Did anyone else view the Lunar Eclipse? It was pretty cool.

Ok...off to get ready for work.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - I got caught up on some phone calls last night. Two of my sisters have said they never get to talk to me anymore, so I made up for lost time with them.

Mindee - one thing you could try is to put a few Cheerios in the toilet, and let Logan squirt them. That has been effective with other little boys, lol.

Marti - Neal and I thought about watching the eclipse, especially since he is an earth scientist, but we snoozed right through it, lol.

Jackson is back in the hospital. He went limp and stopped breathing for a second, so they have him on a monitor. The technitians were in his room trying to do an EKG while I was there earlier today, and Jackson wouldn't hold still for them. I suggested (strongly) that they come back while he's asleep, so that's what they did after I left. Plus, he's still having diarrhea, and that just isn't right, either. Poor little guy!

I've got a meeting at church at 4:30, then Open House at the DGDs school at 6. I told Neal he's on his own for supper.

BBL,
Old 08-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #7  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Jane--I'm so sorry that little Jackson is back in the hospital. Has the diarrhea ever let up since the rotovirus? Sounds like he is still a little dehydrated. But I'm glad to hear that he was spunky enough to fight the EKG. Wish I was there to help you out.

Mindee--Everytime I hear about someone struggling with potty training I remember what my pediatrician once said to me when I couldn't get my son to poo in the potty. She said that she has never had one of her patients go to kindergarten in diapers! Her remark sure eased up my anxiety that he would never get potty trained. I do love Jane's cherrio's trick!!

Marti--Sweet Dreams!

Sue--Yes, Jane and I should have gotten together this week. My dh has called every day. First to see how I am doing and then to ask how his boys are doing. So far the week has been quiet. I worked yesterday but have off today and tomorrow and an studying for a recertification for work and I have to get up every so often because my legs get stiff from sitting all day. I need to take the boys for a walk.

Hugs to Cristina, PJ, Jules, Sassy...like I said to Sue, I'm boring myself to death with studying and I'm already tired of WW and Lean Cuisine dinners after only 2 days! It's amazing how sluggish you feel when you've been sitting around all day. I'm trying to drink a ton of water so I have to get up to potty every hour or so. OK, TMI!! I did take the boys to get groomed today and will try to post a pick of them. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Here are my boys. Cody is on the left and Oliver on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1787.jpg (29.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Evening...Well, I walked this morning and then rode 2 miles. Good thing because it got so darn hot again that I skipped tonight. Plus the old bike is getting harder to peddle and is it ever noisy! I had hoped to find one on sale this week, but nada.
Cleaned house today....even used the broom on the outside of the windows and overhang to get all the darn spider webs. I think I have gotten all the heavy cleaning out of the way for a few weeks. I didn't go to the grocery store...so have to do that tomorrow. Plus bake cookies for Thurs. and Sunday.
Happy hump day tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:05 AM   #9  

Hello ladies! this is going to be really quick since I was aiming to get to bed early since the lady is coming out tomorrow to teach me how to make Shepard's Pie! I am so excited that I can't wait!! On a side note, Tommy told me Tuesday night that his mom had heard back from the doctor's office, and my FIL did have bladder cancer. The doctor says that he believes he got it all out, and doesn't think that it has spread to anywhere. A while back, they were also trying to figure out if he had prostate cancer just before they found the bladder cancer. So, for now, he is still with us and that is a blessing!

Marti~ I was trying to stay up to watch that.....oh wait! I wanted to see the two moons. The moon and then Jupiter up in the sky. Either way I missed them both!

Jane~ I am going to try that aiming at a cheerios trick! We have to get an little potty sit in order to do it. Brandon has just the seat that goes on top of the toilet. I am so sorry to hear that Jackson is back in the hospital. I hope he gets better soon!

Tammy~ thanks for that piece of information! I told Brandon already that if he wants to go to school, then he has to go potty on the potty.

Sue~ It is so nice to hear that some one else is dealing with spider webs as well! I told Tommy on Tuesday night that we need to move. And he said why? I said "we need to move into a place that doesn't have bees flying into the apartment, spider webs all over the place, and when something is broke that they come and fix it!"

When we moved into our lower unit, they were suppose to come and caulk the bath tub. Well, they never did, so Tommy did it himself. Well, the caulk isn't holding up anymore and so now there is water/moisture behind the wall, and it appears like mold is growing in the shower! So, we have been cleaning it and cleaning it like crazy! I told Tommy that I am trying not to wash the kids in the bath tub so that they don't get exposed to it. Well, the office manager told us that the maintanence guy would be over on Tuesday to fix it (and actually the maintanence guy said that he would be over on Tuesday to fix it). Well, Tuesday came and went, and when Tommy called the office manager, she said that all four guys were working on work orders from a month ago!!! So, our lease is up at the end of October, so I am really going to put the pedal to the metal and look for other options!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Tammy - Jackson stopped the diarreah, and has it again. He isn't dehydrated, thank goodness. Our biggest worry right now is making sure his breathing stays regulated. I wish you were here, too! Awww, your boys are too cute! And I like that rug, too.

Sue - ugh, this heat is more than I can take. It makes me feel drained.

Mindee - sorry about your FIL. Yikes, I don't blame you for not wanting to bathe the kids in a moldy tub. Even if the mold in on the underside, it's nasty. We had a leak in the toilet once, when we lived in town, and mold ended up growing under the vinyl flooring. We had to strip it all up, and replace the flooring! What a job, and expensive, too.

I've been at the hospital, learning infant CPR, and about how the breathing monitor works. Jackson is getting released today, and will be here Friday and Saturday.

Tomorrow I've got to get my hair colored, but I don't think I'll have it trimmed at all this time. It was sort of short last time. Then I have to get things ready for a dinner I'm having. Mary's family is coming over, and so is our friend Linda. She's a Walmart door greeter that we've gotton so fond of that she's almost like family now.

I'm so tired. Nap time for me.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Tired here tonight and heading for bed. I went to the grocery store and Wal-Mart, baked 14 dozen cookies, rode 5 miles, did a load of laundry and visited with DD when she came by. On top of the normal day to day house stuff (meals, dishes,etc) Soooo...see you all tomorrow.

Jane- So sorry to hear about Jackson. I hope he is doing okay today. Hugs to you all.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:29 AM   #12  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

This is going to be really quick since I am aiming to get in bed. The lady came out today. She actually called me at 9:30am to see if she could switch times since she would be back tracking after she left here. I said no problem and changed the time to 2pm. Me and Brandon ended up falling asleep on the couch, so I didn’t hear when she knocked on the door or called me! I thought I had missed my chance, but thankfully she doesn’t live that far from us, and offered to still come over. She came over, and it was a cinch to make it! In fact, it took us all of about 15 minutes or so to make it. Then I just heated it up when Tommy called to tell me that he was on his way home from work! She is coming back out on September 10th and we are going to make zucchini casserole! It should be interesting because I think Brandon is the only one that likes zucchini.

(I am already on later then what I wanted to be since I had to go searching for a downloadable anti-spyware thing. So, it took me forever to do that....but now the computer is no longer on the critical list!)

An accomplishment for me this week……I am down 2.4 pounds from the last time I weighed myself! And I took my measurements Tuesday night. Here are my results:

Neck: up half an inch this time(down half an inch from 8/4)
Tricep: up one and a half inches this time (up two inches from 8/4)
Forearm: up half an inch this time (up an inch from 8/4)
Chest: up one inch this time (down 2.7 inches from 8/4)
Waist: down half an inch this time (down 2.5 inches from 8/4)
Hips: up one inch this time (down 10 inches from 8/4)
Thigh: up one inch this time (down 2 inches from 8/4)
Calf: up an inch this time (up half an inch from 8/4)

Jane~ I hope little Jackson starts to feel better soon! Have they run any tests to rule anything out? Thanks for reminding me! We have been wanting to look into CPR classes, and I keep forgetting to write a note to myself!

Sue~ Your tired me out just reading all that you did!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Mindee,
Mold is a big issue in property management. I would call the manager again and remind them it is a MOLD ISSUE which has serious HEALTH PROBLEMS and you have SMALL CHILDREN. Of course you don't have to tell them in CAPS. lol
Seriously though it burns my butt, a month behind in work orders is their own fault, your health shouldn't have to suffer.
We had one story here in the Portland area where residents went to the media and it showed the manager on camera running away....lol. Anyway, in that story the management moved the family to another unit. You just need to put the fear if God into them

ok, that was my vent. Congrats on the weight loss!!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:06 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TAMMY...ahhh, your boys are cuties! Are you missing your hubby yet?

SUSAN...you are right-o...mold is nothing to mess around with. Good to see you here.

MINDEE...I would take heed to Susan's post...mold can cause all kinds of breathing problems. Glad the shepards pie was good! WTG on the 2 pounds! We are actually having a lot of spiders as well, ick! We just had the house sprayed, almost time again I guess. I HATE spiders! Of course they can spray around the house and in the house but once that wears off the ones in the yard are back around the house, lol. Seems like kind of a waste of money. Even walk into spider webs while walking!

SUE...I too was tired from reading your post, whew! 14 dozen cookies, yikes! Bet they were good though!

JANE...sorry to hear about Jackson, hope the little guy gets better soon.

MARTI...I saw some of the eclipse...pretty cool!

Been busy this week, trying to get organized and things done around the house. Plus, my walking/exercise in and an occasional trip to the pool, lol. Going to go tomorrow and that will be the last day of the season. The pool officially closes Monday, or Tuesday rather. One of those two days. But they are usually busy on the weekend so we don't go then. Of course who knows...a lot of people may be going out of town-one last hurrah. Did my grocery shopping this morning. Was too tired and lazy to get up this morning at 5:30 but got my 3 miles in after I got back and put things away. It is actually only supposed to be in the 80's today so, pretty nice out. I love this cooler weather! Just hope it stays for a while...I can get back to sleeping in and walking later, lol! Anyway...

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Just a quick one here - I'm totally worn out. The dinner was good, and we sat out on the porch afterwards. Now I'm headed for a shower, and will watch Mad Men with Neal.

Tomorrow I'll have Jackson, but I'll try to check in. Have to mention - the weather is beautiful! The average temp today was 77 degrees. Ahhhhh! Just the way I like it!
Closed Thread