Old 08-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #1  

Default womans world acceleration menu ????

anyone up for trying the 2 day fat burning acceleration menu that was in the magazine???

I cant seem to move from 219-222lbs....feel plateaud...so im going to try this today and tommorow and see what happens...anyone else care to join me?>?
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I picked up the magazine Friday night. I did takeoff this weekend – first time in about a month and a half...the article reminded me could be worth a try. I am bringing magazine into my COD and asking them if I can follow the plan in it.

I was told previously the two day takeoff could only be done once every two weeks… I would love to do it for two days of every week!!

If COD agrees, I am in. I just don’t want to do anything to lose the guarantee they gave me…
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #3  

I'm not on this plan (I'm more on Sonoma Diet) but giving the Woman's World thing a go Thursdays and Fridays. I figure WTH, I'm curious to see if there's anything to it, it's all stuff I eat anyhow.

I did it last Thurs & Fri but alas my scale went bonkers, I don't have a working scale!! But my daughter has a Dr. appt tomorrow so will check in there and let you know if it worked. My clothes do feel looser!

I've been losing a painfully slow half-pound a week average, I would love to make it more like a pound and a half a week at least!

I did know one woman who broke through a really nasty WW plateau....like, her last 10 pounds stuck for 6 months of being on WW perfectly!! by doing a similar thing, extra low calorie/carb for 2 consecutive days out of the week. When she started doing that she finally budged the scale & lost the 10 pounds in 6 weeks or so.

It was something similar to what is in WW mag, only in WW ("points") jargon but the same principal, ie, "low points" for two days and "higher range points" for 5 days.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

does anyone have the info regarding this I have been stuck for the last month or so, and I am willing to try anything at this point

Thanks
Stacie
angelbretsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I need the info as well, if anyone is willing to share. The Woman's World magazine I picked up today doesn't have that info. I have the 9/4 issue.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #6  

Stacie,

If you are on LAWL, it is basically 5 days of following your LAWL program (coloured or numbered) and then two days of takeoff (6 oz protein, unlimited green vegetables (raw), and 1 cantaloupe a day, and your two protein bars. Only real difference I seen was it called for 1 cantaloupe a day rather than just ½ of one…

Magazine is calling for takeoff (or they term it ‘acceleration’) for two days of the week, every week….

Hope this helps!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #7  

Here's how the plan was worded in the magazine (I cut it out and have it here with my shopping lists!)

FAT BURNING ACCELERATION MENU

Use this menu for two consecutive days per week. On each "acceleration day" enjoy:

2 protein bars (8 grams protein, 180 calories such as Luna bars)
1 whole cantaloupe
6 oz lean protein
Unlimited veggies \
Unlimited very lo-cal extras (vinegar, spices, etc.)
Unlimited water, zero calorie beverages in moderation

Sample menu features egg scrambled egg whites & cantaloupe for breakfast, grilled chicken salad for lunch, 2 oz (TWO???) sirloin steak with steamed veggies for dinner, Luna bars for snacks.

btw they have Luna bars at Smart & Final by the box, very good price....I really love them! My vegetarian daughter takes them to school for a snack almost every day.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #8  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Curious, did the magazine say this was a LAWL thing or was it just an acceleration that they suggested? Just wondering how happy LA would be about them suggesting the LUNA bars.

Either way I think I'd like to give it a whirl. Did it by any chance limit the veggies to green or was it any veggie?
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #9  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

The article does mention LAWL.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #10  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

Default Plateau?

I haven't seen the magazine, but I do have some advice regarding a plateau. I recently got through a plateau by using more fiber in my diet. I couldn't believe what a change it made in the scale. I guess insoluable fiber is indigestable and causes you to naturally flush out your system daily. I cannot say enough about how this has changed my weight loss!
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #11  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

I bought the womans world on friday but it was not in it, maybe it was a new/old issue? or could be a US/Canada thing?? I was disapointed.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

It is August 28 issue. My Sister found it at a Dollar Store because the grocery stores already had Sept. issue. She found it yesterday. I did the 2 day take off and the scale didn't budge.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #13  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

that explains it the issue was the sept 4th one I got.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #14  

I was thinking that too because they actually quoted some LAWL executive (probably EX-executive this week) as "giving up the simple secrets of weight loss acceleration after some arm twisting." They didn't say anything about going to the place or anything like that. They probably have that guy's head on the platter, it read like an endorsement for the competitor's product!

While they didn't SAY any veggies were off-limits, the sample menus were all the classic "freebie" veggies from weight watchers, etc....no corn, potatoes, peas, that type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy66 View Post
Curious, did the magazine say this was a LAWL thing or was it just an acceleration that they suggested? Just wondering how happy LA would be about them suggesting the LUNA bars.

Either way I think I'd like to give it a whirl. Did it by any chance limit the veggies to green or was it any veggie?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:17 AM   #15  

I asked COD last night, because they had always told me I could only do takeoff once every two weeks. They said that is all I can do it, I can't do takeoff every week.

Counsellor read the article and said she wasn't sure why they were suggesting every week, that it would put body into starvation mode. I think that is a crock personally!! 2 days a week is not going to put body into starvation mode.

She was also surprised they ran the article again. I guess it has ran before and they were basically recycling it.