Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus: Aug 27-Sept 9

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was enjoyable, but not very on-plan. We have company coming again this weekend, so I could make excuses again or I can learn to live with "distractions." I just realized that next week is September! Wow! We only have 4 more months left for this year. I'm setting a goal for myself to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year. that equals 5.75 pounds lost per month...seems pretty doable for me. I did lose 1 pound this week, so I'm moving in the right direction. My goal for today is to eat on schedule and on-plan. I've noticed that I'm forgetting to eat my morning snacks which seems to encourage me to go off-plan in the afternoon/evening.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the weight loss Rhonda , I hope everyone's weekend was great.
I am doing good with eating and exercising, my problem is more mental , I guess . Like right now I am going to begin exercising at 8 am, and I just don't have that energy to do it, I say to myself :" Oh I don't need to exercise today", but then I think if I don't exercise today, then I won't exercise tomorrow and then I will go off my eating plan and the weight will come back on ,
The time does go fast, in 4 months I will be happy to be at 200 lbs that would be a 32 lb loss, I think it is doable, because I know I am going to hit a plateau somewhere, and I need to plan for it.
Today I will exercise , elliptical, general exercises, weight lifting.
Breakfast will be : Kashi cereal, banana
Lunch will be veggie burgers with hummus
Dinner( I am making enchiladas ( veggie style), and will have a serving),
snacks: tlc bars, strawberries, pineapple.
The scale showed the 230's gone today, I am hopping it sticks around for weigh in day on Wednesday.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Wow...only 4 months to reach end of the year goals! I think that my weight loss is starting to slow a little so I'm going to make a conservative goal. I want to hit the 100 pound lost mark by New Year's Eve. That gives me 4 months to lose 27 pounds...which averages out to about 7 pounds a month. Thanks for the reminder, Rhonda!

Yesterday was AWFUL for me. It is the first time since I've begun that I have gone completely off-plan and was unplanned about doing it. That really scares me! I see how easy it is to slip back into my old lifestyle and I need to stay on top of things at all times! I'm right back on plan this morning but not without beating myself up a little. Tomorrow is over...today is a new, on-plan day!

In order to kind of cleanse myself out after yesterday I'm eating ONLY raw foods today. This is not punishment...this is what feels good in order to allow my body to catch up on all this sodium that's making me swollen and sluggish this morning.

Exercise will be swimming and water aerobics.

I hope I feel much better, tomorrow!!!!!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi y'all! It is a GLORIOUS Monday!!

More and more, I am finding how VITAL planning ahead is for me. I am more in control if I make a plan the day before. I put all of my planned food in my Spark nutrition planner and then printed it out and put it on the fridge. I put the dinner schedule on the white board on our fridge so the whole house knows what's happening when. I've got at least 30 minutes of activity planned 6 out of 7 days (today's activity is pulling weeds at home after work--woohoo!)

As of this moment, I am totally on plan for today!! and I plan to stay that way! A twist on a familliar weight loss motto:

"NOTHING tastes as good as being on plan feels!!"
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

Unhappy

Update:
did my exercises, will do the weights tonight. I am making Jambalaya for the kids tonight( menu change), so I am not sure what to eat.
I just got my TOM's , so I guess that explains the mood I have been in the past few days, I do not know if I will weigh in Wednesday, depends. I don't feel as bloated as I usually do , I guess it is the weight coming off is making things better? I only wish.
I will do this!!
cheryl
Old 08-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

As I said in the weigh-in forum, my ticker is now showing the correct weight. I had to lose some to get it back to being accurate!
Anyway, I'm planning to be good today. I couldn't walk this morning because it was pouring rain. We need the rain, so that's good, but it messes up my walking track!! Anyway, I'm on plan so far and I am planning on staying there!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #7  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I need to get myself back on track - starting from right now. I've had an absolutely mad few weeks, but that's over, thankfully. I'm giving up on WW - not enjoying it at all, and I'd rather have the money in my bank account than theirs, so I'm going to try calorie counting and see how that goes.

So the menu plan is:

B - porridge with skim milk, and 3 dried apricots chopped through it.
S - small handful popcorn, 1 kiwi fruit
L - Pita bread with leftover steak from last night, salad and tatziki
S - apple
D - chicken, roasted cauliflower, baked potato and the first of the new season's asparagus. Yum!

Exercise - cardio at the gym after work.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:28 PM   #8  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi All!

Rhonda, the end of the year is fast approaching, isn't it? Just imagine waking up on January 1, 2008, and realizing that you aren't one of those people starting your diet that day. That you've already made substantial changes that are paying off for you. That you're already lighter than you have been in years. That it's just another day and you get up and work your plan just like you've been doing for months. I haven't had a New Year's Day like that in forever and I am so looking forward to it. Whether I lose 10 more pounds or 30, I'll know on that day, just like I know today, that I've made great changes in my life. That's my year end goal!

As for yesterday, food was on target, but I didn't exercise. Bad C.C.. I WILL walk today. I also need to go to the market and restock. I'm changing up my third goal to be getting up earlier. I am on a horrendous sleep cycle lately. Up until 4 or 5 am, then sleeping way too late. I want to get back into a normal pattern. It doesn't seem weight loss related, but my current pattern does help me to avoid life, which is a pattern that I established being fat and not feeling good about myself. So I need to break it!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone. I have had a bad couple of days--work stuff. Yesterday morning, now that I think of it, probably right after I finished posting here, I received a call from work (I was the on-call manager for the week) from one of my staff members. She had just gone to visit one of our residents and found her dead. Our whole team ended up going in to work (I have THE best team ever!) so we could support each other as well as our residents. This was totally unexpected, she was only 38.

Yesterday I didn't do that great w/ food choices, but at least I didn't eat a lot of bad stuff. Today I have hardly eaten at all--not good either, but I am in the process of making a nice healthy dinner (a little pasta w/ a LOT of roasted veggies) and I will make myself eat some of it. No exercise yesterday, but today I did force myself to get to the gym. I did 30 min of cardio. Better than nothing.

Hubby has to work tonight, but I will eat dinner then snuggle up w/ the dogs and watch some mindless tv.

I will pop in over the next few days when I can....I am determined NOT to turn to food, although I also know that I must eat.

Hope you are all doing well.

MJ
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

Good morning all,
I am feeling blah, Oh don't I love being a women.
Both my kids are in school, the house is quieter, it takes some getting used to . Next week I am going to be doing a big cleaning in the house, the only way to do this is when the kids are in school. I need to start looking for a job too.
I am going to get exercising soon, do as much as possible , and eat ok today. I am not sure what right now, but there is no junk food for my to eat, so I should do ok. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, I am hoping to post a loss. lets see. Have a good day.
cheryl
Old 08-28-2007, 08:01 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone.

MJ - So sorry that your resident passed on. How are you doing?

Just imagine waking up on January 1, 2008, and realizing that you aren't one of those people starting your diet that day. That you've already made substantial changes that are paying off for you. That you're already lighter than you have been in years.
CC - I literally got butterflies when I read your post yesterday. This will be the first time in forever that I've actually lost weight and kept it off. This time, I can say "I did it!" Wow. What an incredible feeling.

Last night, my on-plan dinner didnt settle well on my stomach. I mentioned to my 7 year old daughter that "mommy's tummy isnt very happy." Her response......"Mommy, I'm so sorry that you're sick all the time." OMG, she is so right! I am sick all of the time...most of the time, I just feel doggone rotten. A couple of weeks ago, I wasnt on my hormones and I was having headaches and was incredibly grumpy and depressed. Now, I'm on my hormones and I'm still having headaches and my feet are swollen and I'm so tired all of the time. I have got to get myself in shape. I don't want to be sick or feeling rotten all of the time. I'm only 43, for pete's sake! Am I one of those women who always has an ailment each time you see her? Yikes!

So, today, I will begin getting to bed by 10:30 each night. I need more sleep.
Not only will I function better mentally, but I won't feel the need to eat the starchy carbs to keep myself going throughout the day. Afterall, they really don't work very well.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Nicolen - our asparagus season is over and most of what you get at the grocery tastes like cardboard. Wanna ship us some??? :-)

I'm going to have to start eating breakfast and lunch in the car on the way to and from school. Anybody have good ideas for healthy portable food? I have a little lunchbox that you freeze, so cold is okay. I don't think I can manage a salad while driving, so I need fingerish foods.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Rhonda--I am doing ok, thanks for asking--still in shock, though I think. I totally agree w/ you and CC how awesome it will be not to be "starting" for the new year!

So far so good today, although it is only 9am here! I feel kind of icky right now...almost like a cold is coming on. I hope not! Tonight I am supposed to meet hubby for a baseball game. I am really not into it, but I told him I would go. The good news about meeting him there is having both cars and if I really don't want to stay I will just leave.

I'm sure I'll pop in later. Have a great day!
MJ
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Hiya gang:

I'm happy to report I stuck to my plan 100% yesterday!! ....that is until my evening snack.

I usually have a Healthy Choice Fudgebar (90 cal), but I decided to add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter with it....DOH!!!!

P*sses me off that I could stick to everything else all day long and then CHOKE at the very end! However, today IS another day, and I am on my way to sticking to plan 100%!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good morning!

Well, yesterday's plan worked like a dream! All the excess sodium from Sunday is gone and I'm feeling like myself again and the scale is happy.

Today we all got up at 5 to see the lunar eclipse so we got to be lazy and move slowly getting the kids ready for school. I was going to the gym to run on the treadmill but while I was in the driveway waiting for my daughter's carpool I realized that it was cool, breezy, and cloudy!!!! Are you kidding me???? So, I grabbed my IPod and ran here in the neighborhood. The weather was great and I had the best run ever. 2.5 miles in about 26 minutes. Sure, my time is slower than most runners I know...but for me that is GREAT! I just felt so strong and so good.

Today's food will be fruit and vegetables for breakfast and lunch. I'll probably also throw in some cottage cheese at lunchtime just because I love it so much and the protein/dairy would be good for me. Dinner tonight is chicken chili. My kids have been asking me to make bread so I'll probably make a loaf of whole wheat to go with the chili. It's pretty high cal but one piece will fit into my plan...it's whole grain...my kids love it. What's the downside??? After Sunday's debacle I'm still not ready to trust myself with any processed foods so that means no protein bars or sugar free "treats". I'm going to keep it fresh and homemade for several days to give my body time to readjust to my normal...otherwise I'll binge again. I DON'T want that!!!

Well, I've got housework to finish and then I'm off to the gym for my weight lifting.

Have a great day!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote