General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Default *I'm gaining control....

Well, I have to say all, that I feel AWESOME!! I've been in a funk for the last few months w/ little or no motivation. The last 2 days have been incredible!

I hope this motivates some of you who are really struggling as I have been. I really do think I've found my key to staying on program: PRE-PLANNING!. I've done it on and off the last year and as a result, I've gained 20 pounds and I'm paying for weight loss at MRC, if that tells you anything. I know if I do this consistently, I won't keep falling off the wagon.

I went to get some groceries today and was able to come home and actually feel good about my purchases and started making meals for the week. I have everything planned out. Now my hubby is not on this program, but if I have my meals made, whatever I make him, he's OK with. (But I've preplanned his meals as well.) I don't mind eating something different and he's soooooo not going to eat all the veggies I do, so if I have a meal to reheat and eat with him, who cares? It's the dining together that counts!

Anyway, I feel like I'm in control again. I can do this. If my meals are prepared, I don't GRAB when I get home. Why should junk food have control over me? It shouldn't.

Next step: whatever my stresser's are, it's going to be "take a walk" now. The dogs will love it!

I have also made a promise th be honest with my food journal. I've started using FitDay again. If I'm honest, I will see results. No eating from the bag, box, container. Get a plate, measure it out--even if it's a cheat food! CONTROL=CHOICE.

So, I am going to do this. I"m ready to be in charge. I'm worth it! And so are you!! Arm-in-arm, we'll all get through our low points! And we will have them. It's just how we handle them. If I'm not healthy, I can't take care of my hubby and dogs. I'm going to succeed!

I hope this will help someone!!

aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the great tips! I've found that pre-planning helps, so I'm glad you've found this helps for you.
Way to go!!!!!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #3  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Congratulations on getting on the track to becoming healthy! It is the best thing we can all do for ourselves in the short time we have on this planet.

I totally agree with the pre-planning strategy. I am currently on a Weight Watchers plan with my BF whom I live with, and we pre-plan our entire week's of food on Sundays and I go shopping after work on Monday for the week. I also plan for my snacks and lunch while I'll be at work so that in case I get extra hungry or get the munchies at work I have a healthy snack instead of grabbing candy from someone's desk. Sometimes I hate how much planning it takes to be healthy, but I have found it to help me more than anything else. I even try to plan my workouts so I have an idea what each night will be like after work.

Good luck and keep it up!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

congrats on getting back on track. I too have started preplanning the meals...i usually sit down friday night and plan the up coming week's meals. One it makes it easier on you...two it helps save money (not getting lazy and running to a resturant).

I need to get better about logging my calories...i think that's my biggest problem

And the take the dog for a walk...great idea...my dog loves my new location...every day i have off from work...we go hiking in the mountains.

good luck!!!! sounds like you got your groove back.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote