Old 08-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #1  

Default First Day of LA Weightloss Tomorrow! Tips Please!

I am starting the program tomorrow and im very excited. Have many people had sucess with this program?

Last edited by japgurl14; 01-21-2009 at 12:37 AM.
japgurl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Since Monday will be your biggest challenge with Fast Forward while you're working, I would say to overpack so you don't find yourself starving. Better to have too much food with you at work during fast forward than not enough. You will have a better chance of staying on plan. Make sure you sip the juice throughout the day, and don't try to just drink it as a meal. Eat when you're hungry (make sure it's on the list though!).
Tuna & chicken pack good for lunches. chop up your veggies ahead of time and take them in containers with you.

The plan works if you stick with it. It will seem more limiting than WW, but the results will be worth it.

Are you doing this on your own or through a center?

dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Good luck!

Many grocery stores sell precooked chicken in their deli sections, like the rotisserie (sp?), and those are great to "de-bone" and take in a lunch box. They are a little higher in salt, so be careful. I also bought a bag of precooked shrimp and that was an easily portable protein. I tend to get burned out on salads, so I cooked zucchini using Pam. It packs and reheats well. I also cut up a couple of cucumbers and soaked them in vinegar. Another healthy idea is to buy tuna in the packets and add it to a green salad. I hope this helps!

Last edited by curiousone; 08-26-2007 at 09:00 AM.
curiousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #4  

Thanks for the good ideas. I am doing this through a center. I would have prefered to do this on my own but it seemed kind of hard with all the changes going on and what plan i would really need to follow. I just learned that they do require you to get the LA Lites through the center so now i cant use ebay. I thought i'd be able to get something alittle cheaper

The only thing im not really sure about at the moment is what i will be doing for the next year. I know i have to go back after the fast forward to find that out but it would have been nice to hear alittle more about what people eat on these before you sign up. Does anyone feel like there is alot of restrictions or you get used to it?
japgurl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

you get used to it, but from what I understand, once you hit maintenance, they start introducing all the foods back one at a time. They are not "forbidden" forever, just temporarily while you lose and retrain yourself for healthy eating.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 AM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome! My advice is to stay positive, expect LAWL to work, and it will!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #7  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Repo girl. Stay positive and it will work. Using LAWL is the only time I have successfully lost weight. I tried Nutrisystem and it didn't work for me because I like to cook my own meals too much.

One piece of advice that nobody told me in the beginning (and I wish they had b/c now I am losing weight consistently) is to add lots and lots of fiber to your diet (thru fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, raisins) thru starches (oatmeal, all-bran cereal, brown rice, whole grain english muffins, whole wheat pitas, potato with skin) thru veggies (broccoli, spinach, brussels sprouts) Fats (almonds, avacado, peanuts). Fiber keeps you full longer which, obviously, helps when dieting. It also isn't easy to digest so it helps flush out the body - carrying fat out with it! When at the grocery store, I always check the dietary fiber content. I no longer buy breads or rice without any fiber. P.S. Fiber is not only good for weight loss, but it aids in reducing cholesterol and is healthy for the heart. If I had only one tip to give anyone starting out on a diet regiment (or Lifestyle Adjustment) ... this would be it!
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote