General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default kidney failure support?

Hi all... My uncle is having kidney failure & is in the hospital. I am having a hard time finding any support groups or forums or anything online. I know they must exist, but I just am not looking in the right places. Was wondering if anyone has been through this or has any suggestions where to look?

The family is really struggling and I could use some help - good vibes our way...

thanks!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:12 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hey Kiddo ~ My first thought would be the internet for kidney support groups, but I am sure you have already done that.

I will put your family on my prayer list ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:46 AM   #3  
Heeey Nursie!

S/C/G: 283.4/See Ticker/130

Height: 5' 0"

I went to http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Kidney.html and found Info on the American Association of Kidney Patients at http://www.aakp.org/

Hope this helps
Carol
Gildana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi Liz, you might try PMing SuchAPrettyFace. I know she has a lot of knowledge on the kidney front and could probably point you in the right direction. I hope your uncle gets well soon.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #5  

I don't have any good places to suggest or anything, just wanted to say I am sorry you and your family are gong through a rough time. I know all too well what it's like to be in the hospital 24/7 with a family member who is having organ failure. It's very, very hard and scary. If you ever want someone just to gab to, feel free to send a PM my way. I'd be more than happy to share my experience, or just chit chat...whatever may help. You and yours are in my thoughts. Good vibes all the way.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanks guys! I appreciate the good thoughts and the links! He's still in the hospital *sigh* but we think he'll be out soon...
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote