Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 AM   #1  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default Friday weigh-in Aug. 24

Hi folks!

How are we all doing. I *finally* have some scale movement, a pound gone, after being at 175 for a month! Good to be on the losing track again.

Also my swimsuit is too big. That feels good too. Actually it feels too big but the thought feels good.

Bright blessings to you all,
Jax
Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #2  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

my scale STILL hasnt moved.... ug i'm never going to reach my mini goal by my wedding if i cant start loosing some of this flab! i'm working out 5 days a week 2 times a day for 20-30 min a shot, i recently turned vegetarian in July, i eat tons of veggies and whole grains ect. and i quit drinking alcohol in June. i dont know what else i can do! why arent i loosing???
Old 08-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
Getting there...

mangokitty - are you tracking what you eat? I used to be totally vegetarian, but I ate way too many grains and not enough veggies at that time. I have found even when eating healthily, if I don't keep track of amounts, I can easily overeat.

Also, are you getting enough protein? What exercise routine are you following? Maybe you need to mix it up a little, try something else.

You CAN do it. Reaching a plateau is hard. Perhaps measuring yourself and seeing if you lose inches would help? I'm going to do that.

Snuggles,
Jax

Last edited by jaxjob; 08-24-2007 at 10:05 AM. Reason: typing too fast - left out words!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Well I don't check my weight again until Sunday - and it BETTER move - I loathe how I look though. Everyone keeps telling me I look fantastic but when I look in the mirror all I see is ugly. My body is responding in such odd and unattractive ways.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:47 AM   #5  
Mango Empress

i'm not aloud to keep track of what i eat because i'm recently recovering from bulimia. a typical menu for me is bran flakes with a banana in the morning, beans and rice with peppers and other veggies for lunch, and either leftover lunch or a big spinach salad with lots of veggies for dinner. i dont eat after 7pm. and i drink on average 8-10 glasses of water a day. snacks are usualy fruit or low sodium low fat popcorn.

for exercise i run three days a week and walk two (in the mornings) and then do a 20-30 min workout video in the afternoon when i get back from school.

i suppose i could start measuring myself again. it'd probably be a good idea. i'm just so sick of this plateau... i want to FEEL beautiful for my wedding!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

I weighed at the drs friday and I lost 8#s. I know this is only due to the fact this was my first week. I typically do lose 6-8 the first week. This next week should be more like 1-2 # loss.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #7  
Mango Empress

well i must be doing SOMETHING right because when i was getting dressed this morning my husband said my thighs were smaller! and as the not so proud owner of some serious thunder thighs, this makes me a happy kitty! maybe progress is being made after all!

Edit:: i couldnt help myself and had to go weigh myself even tho it's not friday, i lost a pound over the weekend! the scale is starting to like me again!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #8  
Getting there...

Way to go mangokitty! It feels great to finally break a plateau. Good for you!

Jax

Old 08-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #9  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Yeay today marks -40lbs lost and I passed my 1/4 of the way there goal gotta change my tracker/profile still but it was -3lbs or 262 this morning.

Glad everyone else is mostly doing well too... don't get discouraged it all adds up... Wicked... 8lbs? That rocks. I always loved those first week or two drops even if most of it it water it still feels nice to see the # lower and not be carrying all that around. Thats a gallon of milk!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
. Wicked... 8lbs? That rocks. I always loved those first week or two drops even if most of it it water it still feels nice to see the # lower and not be carrying all that around. Thats a gallon of milk!
Yep -8. Like I said this is normal for week one though. From here on out it should be more like -1, +2 kind of thing. LOL Feels nice to see the numbers go down, and not feel so bloated all the time. I haven't told the kids or hub about my go again at losing. I think I will wait to see how long it takes for them to realize it.
Closed Thread