Old 08-23-2007, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default snacks...

is there a "free" snack that has no carbs that's quick and easy??? i need something for when i "think" i'm hungry lol...
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I'm afraid there are no such things as "free snacks"....there are however, low carb snacks. You might want to have a look at this site, the recipes are fantastic!!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I don't follow a low-carb plan, but I do keep Jello refrigerated Sugar-Free pots in my fridge. They have 5 calories each, and are listed as 0 carbs... sometimes I eat 3!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #4  

I am really enjoying that webiste that Kim gave you. I've made a couple of things now. I really like making tuna muffins ahead of time and and keeping them in the fridge to grab. Also Jello is a great idea I eat that at night a few nights a week for a treat after dinner with some whipping cream srayed on from the can. YUM
Hmm what else to I snack on...I went to a low carb store and bought these baked cheese snacks but think the whole bag had 4 carbs.
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Unfortunately, sugar-free Jello does contain carbs even though the label may say 0. The carbs are from Maltodextrin, a type of sugar. Most sugar-free jello also contains aspartame, a common staller for a lot of people. You are much better off making your own jello & your own whipped cream rather than using the canned variety. There is a recipe on that same website to make your own jello

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

thanks for all the help i'm off to that website
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

JerseyGirl, thank you SO MUCH for that link - looks like a ton of great ideas there!
Melyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #8  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Kim, thanks for being our carb-count reality check. I, for one, tend to see what I want to see, and my capacity for hopeful self delusion appears to be bottomless... It's really helpful to have your voice of reason to nudge me back to rigorous honesty when I choose to believe what I KNOW is a self-serving, profit-motivated label. Thanks, Mom!

One of the kids,
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #9  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

do you have pepperami in the states? sort of a small thin sausage. they are really low carb and come individually wrapped great for snacking on the run.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Sounds sort of like a slimjim. Oberto brand also puts out "jerky chips" that are like potato chips.

I thought it was funny when I found them, because I'd been making them for years (when I could find a butcher willing to cut meat that thin).

When I first started making jerky, it was hard to find meat cutters to cut it right, so I'd ask that they cut the meat as thin as physically possible. One guy took it as a personal challenge and cut the meat so thin, you could see through it. I marinated it and put it in the dehydrator, and the jerky would be so crisp, I'd make JLT sandwhiches using jerky in place of bacon, and put some in the food processor to make something like bacon bits for salads.

Ok, getting distracted here. Cheese is a good low carb snack (but has a few carbs from milk sugar, so small amounts only, but a good strong cheese goes a long way as a snack, especially if you cut it into very small cubes.

Frozen cooked shrimp can be thawed under cold water in just a few minutes. A little low carb ketchup and some horseradish, and you've got instant shrimp cocktails.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #11  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I'v decided to ease snack bordom by trying some different cheeses (we usualy just buy marble chedar) so this week I got jalapeno Havarti. It is so good and I don't need a lot to be satisfied The package claims 0 carbs for 3cm cube or 30grams but I count it as one carb because I know they dont have to count fractions on the lable. so it could be .9 or .5 and the package would still say 0.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 AM   #12  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Funny how mfrs. decide what a "serving" is. I'm convinced that some of them would make one serving a milligram if that would allow them to claim zero carbs. It really isn't very helpful, is it? I suppose it would be safest to take their serving, figure out how many servings I've had, and multiply them by .9g.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote