Old 08-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #1  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Talking OT: What would YOU do with the $300 million lottery winnings

For those who can play the Powerball-what would you do if you won the $300million dollar jackpot???

I would retire in style.......
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

I can't play the Powerball, but I can play the MegaLotto, and that's up to $201 million. Knowing full well that after the reduction for cash value (instead of taking the payments over 30 years) and the Fed's taking their portion out I'd "only" get around $84 mil . . . first, stop working. Second, figure out a way to get all the repairs, modifications, and general improvements made to my parent's house and yard that have been stalled for way too long without getting every unscrupulous contractor in the state trying to charge more than they should for doing less than they promised! Third, pay for my niece's college. My brother is refusing to pay a dime, says he needs every penny for his retirement. Naturally he never set up a college fund or anything else for the kid, he makes too much for her to qualify for a scholarship, and he didn't bother to tell her any of this until AFTER she'd been accepted! Forth I'd see about having my condo complex get solar power. Maybe we can get a discount if we do all the buildings!

I'm sure there are a truckload of other relatives that will come out of the blessed woodwork once they find out. That's a battle for a different thread!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:36 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'd pay-off the mortgage on my Dad's house and my father-in-law's house, buy them nice vehicles, set up education funds for my niece and my nephews, make a very large donation to the hospice that cared for my Mom, do some traveling for about a year, then I'd go back to school and study everything and anything I'm interested in.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:45 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I would pay off all debts owed by both my sisters, my brother, and my MIL including their homes and vehicles. Then, I would put $2 million each in an account for each of our 6 kids. I'd buy me a mansion to live in complete with a personal chef, personal trainer and a live-in housekeeper. I'd buy a humongous houseboat, complete with a smaller boat attached and jet skis. I'd buy a huge motor home. I'd travel and see the world. I'd buy myself a Lexus sports car and DH the new cadillac corvette. Plus a Hummer SUV for me and a Hummer truck for DH.

I'd definitely hire someone to dress me in all the stylish fashions and spend a fortune on clothes and accessories. Meanwhile I'd keep DH in his Wranglers and T-shirts, LOL, can't have him lookin too good.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #5  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I would pay off all of my parent's owed monies (though I don't think they owe all that much).

I would pay off our mortgage and credit card bills. Put away enough so that either kid would easily be able to pay for college and grad school of their choice.

Other than that, I'm not sure if our life would change that much. My husband loves what he does so I'm sure he would continue doing that...I stay at home with the children and would continue doing that.

Um. I'd buy my husband the car of his dreams and a gardner so he wouldn't have to worry about his precious lawn.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #6  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Buy a house.
Go back to school and quit working IMMEDIATELY!
Buy a nice car. Or two. Ones with working heat, one for me, one for DBF.

Go on a year long vacation, inviting people close to me along for select portions. That'd be SOOOO fun!

And when I was home, settled into my house, and relaxing a bit during school breaks, I'd start a no-kill animal shelter on a huge acreage. And hire a heck of a lot of people to take care of the animals properly (I won't have time, being in school and all).

Ah, to dream...
Unfortunately, I'm Canadian, so I know there's NO chance of me winning!!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #7  
*ZetaKristy*

I would definately first and foremost pay off all debts that I owe and my close family. I would be sure my little brother had school 100% paid for....although he is an honor student and has a full ride already plus a football scholarship....I have a small family...so we would all be taken care of...
I'd buy my fiance and I am huge home...travel....finish school...and then live off the rest of the interest!!!
I would definately leave my job in style.....
zetakristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

I would pay off all my debts. I'd build some kind of complex or apartments that would house fire victims until they get back on their feet (If you didn't guess my family lost everything in a house fire and not a lot of help in our area-so I'd fix that!). All of my friends/family that have been there for me well I'd take care of them. I'd put at least a few million in a trust fund for my son. I'd go back to school and learn everything I could-take all of the classes I wanted. My neighbors are great so I'd buy me and my neighbors houses beside each other on a bit 500 acre farm. I'd also continue w/my weight loss and hopefull get some nips and tucks once I hit goal.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote