Old 08-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #1  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Question Plan for Men

Good afternoon everyone. MY DBF has decided that since I have been doing so well with this plan that he would like to follow it on his own and not join. I was wondering if there is a link or if someone could give me the servings and amounts for men on this plan. I'm on gold with lites and I'm sure he would need more food than I consume. Thanks in advance!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:10 PM   #2  

aha! I do definately know the answer to this, since my dh on the plan with me. He weighs just about he same as me, same height, etc. They said for him to follow the plan, just to add 1 extra protein a day. I guess it would depend on his size, etc.
cathych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #3  
Laurie

Thank you for the info!! I wasn't sure since how much of anything he should be eating being a male and all. He's also diabetic. I wonder if that makes a difference?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #4  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

My husband is 5'8 and weighs around 250 does anybody know what plan he would be on?
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #5  

Default what plan for guys

As a guy...I have lost 31lb's (370 to 339)in six weeks with the purple plan, 2.5 p/4 f / 4s / 4 v / 1fat / 2 LAL bars . You can do the plan with out going to LAW but every one is different and some plans could work or some can harm you AKA starvation mode! If your hubby wants to try a good plan it is called the Abs diet by men health. I also tell your man to start reading men's health because of the many good info for men on weight loss and men's health.

As for LAW....this is the first program that has worked for in many years. I love it......yes it is expensive.....but what is YOUR life worth?

My life is priceless.......enjoy it....live it....take care of yourself!!
reallybigguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #6  
Nanette

Can you give me an example of your daily menu, I know that he will complain that that is way too much food because he hardly eats throughout the day and he bulks up when he gets home. I know that is mainly is his problem but he said that if we start making his lunch in a cooler he will try. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

I started out on Red with lites, which basically boils down:

2 and a half proteins
3 fruits
3 veggies
1 fat
2 starches
and lots of water.. 64 ounces is mandatory, but I usually get in about 100...

Beyond the basic menu, you have to really watch the other stuff that surrounds it like salt and caffine.. I've basically cut out sodas, even diet, but I still have a couple of cups a coffee a day on average.

You really need to cut out as much processed food as possible like lunchmeats, prepared cheeses (like Kraft singles) and canned soups and veggies. If you can do these little things, the menu will help you lose weight a lot...

The menu items allowed on the gold plan can be translated into the other plans. But the amounts must be followed pretty exactly..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #8  
Sassy Chick

Hey gang! Great minds think alike, I suppose...I was just about to post on here to get help with my husband's weight loss, and I found this! Well, I am back on LAWL again. Did it once before I got married, lost about 60 pounds, and have since gained it all back. My husband has put on about 25 pounds that he wants to lose, so we made a pact to do it together! I was on the Red Plan before...so I've started doing that again. Well, actually I've gotten info on this new "Feel Full" plan, so I am trying that - but wow! So much food to eat everyday! But I digress....my point: I am trying to lose about 80 pounds, and DH only needs to lose about 20. Any suggestions as to what his daily intake should be in each category? Any advice or suggestions are welcome!!! THANKS!
LHB1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #9  
Nanette

Dan- thanks for the info! Did you do the bars with the red plan and if you did I am not going to purchase the LA ones, which ones besides the Luna bars do you suggest he doesn't like any of the ones I have. We are going to do the take off Sun and Mon together he is going to do the juice and I am doing the cantaloupe I am going to try and do the whole cantaloupe like the article in Womens Weekly. Thanks again for your input.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #10  

Default DETOUR bars at costco are yummy!!!

I like the Detour bars at costco....good for men....15 grams of protein ,190 cal and you get 15 for about $15 CND!! The LAW bars are "ok" but once my bulk buy of LAW bars.are done... I will use Detour bars, I would say they are 100% better then LAW bars and cost less too

Last edited by reallybigguard; 08-26-2007 at 03:01 PM.
reallybigguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #11  
Nanette

Thanks so much for your help. I got him a couple of the Kellogg's Protein Bars and he like the strawberry ones, but I will look into the Detour bars. Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #12  
Sassy Chick

Maybe my post didn't work? I'll try again.....
Hey gang! Great minds think alike, I suppose...I was just about to post on here to get help with my husband's weight loss, and I found this! Well, I am back on LAWL again. Did it once before I got married, lost about 60 pounds, and have since gained it all back. My husband has put on about 25 pounds that he wants to lose, so we made a pact to do it together! I was on the Red Plan before...so I've started doing that again. Well, actually I've gotten info on this new "Feel Full" plan, so I am trying that - but wow! So much food to eat everyday! But I digress....my point: I am trying to lose about 80 pounds, and DH only needs to lose about 20. Any suggestions as to what his daily intake should be in each category? Any advice or suggestions are welcome!!! THANKS!
LHB1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #13  
Laurie

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions. DBF is my height and weighs about 205. He would like to drop around 30 pounds so I figured maybe he should go with the plan Dan is on. My only concern is he is diabetic and I'm thinking he should have more fruits and/or veges than I eat. I think I'll ask at my COD when I go wi later today and see what they say. Anyway, thank you again for answering my questions. Everyone on this board is so great about helping each other out. I'm so glad you're all here!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:49 AM   #14  
LAWL Salt Police

I've never seen Detour bars, but after our COD closed, I searched for comparable types... I've used Zone, Adkins and Kellogs bars.. All taste pretty good, even the Adkins types.. They are the lowest as far as sugar and calories, but the Zone bars are REALLY tasty!!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #15  
Nanette

Thanks Dan! I have seen the Zone bars but I wasn't sure if they were too high in calories. He really likes the strawberry ones from Kellog's but I want to get him a variety so he doesn't get bored with one flavor. He teaches somedays without a break so I am having a hard time getting him to eat every 2 to 3 hrs, he said if he could drink his breakfast and lunch he would be good, but I know they only suggest doing the slimdown once a day, what do you think?