Old 08-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default Better than Peanut Butter....

OK, I totally cannot remember who posted about this stuff a few days ago. It's been on my mind ever since I read the post, so yesterday I picked up my mom and said "we're going to Trader Joe's!!!" Not a big deal, but with all the construction around here it is about a 45 minute drive just to try some PB.

Well, let me tell you, it was SO WORTH THE DRIVE!!! I had it today for a snack with a sliced apple...YUMMO! I've stayed away from the pb for the last year because I just wasn't willing to spend the WW points on a serving of it for a snack, but the nutritional info on this is just 100 calories and 2.5 grams of fat for a 2T serving. Again, YUM, and THANK YOU SO MUCH to the 3fc member who recommended it!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:42 PM   #2  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

i must have missed that thread. what kind of pb was is? i love trader joes
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I tried it and didn't care for the taste. I would much rather eat the real thing.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:52 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Trader Joe's is my favorite store and they just opened one less than a mile from my house. How thoughtful of them .
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

It's called "Better than Peanut Butter" and I believe I paid $3.69 for about a 16 oz. jar.

Anne, I have to say my DD isn't bowled over by it, but she's also one who eats a spoonful of pb by itself. For me, mixed with the flavor/texture of the apple, it was great!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I'm dumber than dumb - what's Trader Joe's???
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Not dumb, Traci! Just deprived TJ's is a chain of quirky markets in 23 states (I looked it up ), but sadly, none in Iowa! They have lots of natural and healthy foods, as well as some not so healthy . They're the kings of prepackaged healthy meals in my opinion and not terribly expensive.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I like PB & Company's Dark Chocolate dream- peanut butter and dark chocolate,yummy
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #9  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I just Googled this stuff and found it at Earth Fare over by my house. We are going to give it a try. I took myself off peanut butter for the obvious reasons and my boyfriend, who is a peanut butter loving junkie, eats a ton of it. I would love to be able to eat peanut butter again and I would really love to see my Sweetie stop clogging his precious arteries.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #10  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I second Peanut Butter & Co.'s Dark Chocolate Dream... as well as the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. They're all natural and very yummy... and since it's pb mixed with something else, it cuts down the calories. A 2 Tbsp serving of the Dark Chocolate Dream is like 170 and the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is 160, from memory. It's not really that much of a difference from the straight pb calorie wise, but very yummy when used in moderation.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita420 View Post
I just Googled this stuff and found it at Earth Fare over by my house. We are going to give it a try. I took myself off peanut butter for the obvious reasons and my boyfriend, who is a peanut butter loving junkie, eats a ton of it. I would love to be able to eat peanut butter again and I would really love to see my Sweetie stop clogging his precious arteries.
Regular, natural peanut butter (not the waxy stuff with transfat) won't clog arteries - it's the good kind of fat. It's super healthy. I can understand trying the Better Than Peanut Butter during weight loss when calories/fat are limited, but I hope that maintainers or people who don't have to lose weight would eat the real stuff - it is GOOD for you...and delicious.

I didn't eat peanut butter when I was losing, but I've eaten it for breakfast nearly every morning for 2 years (Seriously, almost every morning) - no problems maintaining even with daily peanut butter!!

"Much of the oil in peanuts is monounsaturated, and diets high in this type of fat have been shown to lower levels of LDL ("bad") cholesterol while preserving levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol. Peanut oil also contains beta-sitosterol, a plant sterol that studies show can inhibit cancer growth."
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #12  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

PB really isn't that much of a hit calorie wise. 1tablespoon is enough to put on one slice of bread or 2 celery sticks and 100 calories. I didn't like the better'than stuff. We do have the PBDreamChoc in the fridge but I haven't touched it since I've gotten serious again about the weight. I do love it though!

For now it's just Natural PB for me. Don't need the extra sugar.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #13  
Reluctant Adult

I love all natural peanut butter. I've never managed to lose weight without it! Of all the things I'm willing to eliminate to lose weight, good peanut butter ain't one of 'em.

There is nothing for me that will satisfy cravings more thoroughly than a few whole wheat crackers spread with a little PB... mmmmm!!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

If I can't have the real whole thing, I don't want it. Right now I can't, it is a trigger food for me. Once I start I'll eat the whole jar. Hopefully when I reach goal I will resume with peanut butter for breakfast.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:41 PM   #15  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
OK, I totally cannot remember who posted about this stuff a few days ago. It's been on my mind ever since I read the post, so yesterday I picked up my mom and said "we're going to Trader Joe's!!!" Not a big deal, but with all the construction around here it is about a 45 minute drive just to try some PB.

Well, let me tell you, it was SO WORTH THE DRIVE!!! I had it today for a snack with a sliced apple...YUMMO! I've stayed away from the pb for the last year because I just wasn't willing to spend the WW points on a serving of it for a snack, but the nutritional info on this is just 100 calories and 2.5 grams of fat for a 2T serving. Again, YUM, and THANK YOU SO MUCH to the 3fc member who recommended it!
*cough, cough* that was me that recommended it, I even recommend it in my blog. The fat content, and calories is really awesome.

Your welcome
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote