Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 01:01 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #150

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 04-01-2002, 02:59 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Talking First of all.................

2cute: You are a riot!! I "literally" almost crapped my pants at your "April Fool's joke". I think my heart stopped beating!!! Thoughts even ran through my mind................"Oh my Gosh, that's so crazy. She just had her TOM." And then of course, I read the next post. You are evil! Holy Moses, you scared me.

Anyways, I did really really well for Easter. I cooked a shank ham, mashed potatoes, green beans w/onions, corn on the cob, dinner rolls and had a dump cake for dessert. Now, I know that doesn't sound like your typical Easter dinner. Normally, I would have probably had mac & cheese, potato salad, baked beans and something really fattening for dessert, but I decided I wanted to eat what everyone else was eating so we had a low fat Easter dinner. The mashed potatoes were made with lite margarine and skim milk, (can't tell the difference) corn on the cob, (no big deal) and used a small amount of lite margarine on the green beans and they were seasoned very well with beef bullion cubes and onions. The dinner rolls were only 70 calories. And to be completely honest, there isn't one member of my family that it would hurt to eat healthier and they all loved it! I would like to give you the recipe for the dump cake though. It was delicious!

Dump Cake

Servings=12
Estimated points per serving=3

1-White cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
1-12 ounce bag of frozen raspberries
1-12 ounce bag of frozen blueberries
(I USED PEACHES INSTEAD)
2-Cups of diet 7-UP or Sprite

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Put the fruit (STILL FROZEN) in the baking dish. Sprinkle the fruit with the cake mix. Pour the 2 cups of diet sprite or 7-Up over the whole dish. Do not stir the mix in, but if there are large clumps, you can break those up before you sprinkle over fruit. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the cake and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes.

The points on this were broke down at the WW meeting......they are as follows:

Cake Mix=36 points
1 bag frozen raspberries=2 points
1 bag frozen blueberries=2 points
Diet Sprite or 7-Up=0 points

Total=40 Points Devieded by 12 servings is 3 points

You can use any flavor of cake mix and fruit that appeals to you. You may need to make some calculations as to point value if you change the type of mix or fruit. If you use chocolate cake mix, you can use diet coke or one of the diet dark colas. Enjoy!

When I first read the recipe for this, I went.............hmmm. But, after I was assured that this was awesome, and I used peaches, (which I am more fond of) instead of the raspberries and blueberries, then I thought.........hmmm............ It was very good! The diet sprite I used made it very sweet.

Anyways, I'm going to hop off here for now. The weather is so gorgeous here today it is a shame to be inside! Spring has sprung! It is a warm and breezy 72 degrees outside and I have little tulips all around my mailbox. It is so lovely! Hope you are all well & had a wonderful Easter and I will see you tonight after WI (not Wisconsin) {{{{Hugs}}} to all!
Old 04-01-2002, 03:02 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

2 Cute....April Fools right back at ya! I had to stop for a minute, I thought it was going to be an april fools joke but then I wasn't so sure...it has happened before and it could happen to you too! LOL Its good to see you in a good mood today! I need you here for some humor.

I seem to just want to eat today...I made the Chicken Florentine Lasagna from the WW In Good Time Slow Cooker cook book. It sounds so yummy and smells ssooooo good. I keep peeking in at it to see if it says its ready for me to sample! I want it NOW! But it won't be done for a couple more hours! I guess I can hold out till then. I want to lose again this week to keep me motivated for another week. I decided that I was going to break my weight loss down in 20 pound increments. So far I have 9 1/2 down and only 10 1/2 to go then I will work on the next 20. Makes it seem more realistic that way!

My brain isn't functioning so I can't remember what anyone said from the last thread. CRS setting in...I hear it comes with age...that and having kids!

Well, I guess I will go get some water and see if that takes care of this urge to eat. Or maybe I will have some popcorn. That usally does the trick but first I want to sweep and mop the kitchen floor. Talk at you all later....have a great day!

Michelle
Old 04-01-2002, 04:12 PM   #4  

Hey ladies!

I will refrain from any April Fool's jokes. I think anything I could do would only pale in comparison to 2Cutes!

2Cute: You got me!! I only scroll down on message at a time and when I read that I gasped and said "OH MY!!" I'll bet you're getting a big 'ol laugh out of the reactions you're getting to that. I was a good one, that's for sure.

Well, Easter was a HUGE disaster. I haven't eaten like that in months!! I had TWO easter dinners to go to so i ate two giant meals within 3 hours of each other. I could feel my stomach stretched past capacity. It HURT!! I felt like it might burst. But today is a new day. I am keeping busy and am back on track with the food, but have yet to do my exercise. I'm hoping to have some time this evening. I have another busy day tomorrow, then after that I should have a few calmer days. Well, that may not be true either. The friends of mine who hosted the Easter party, are sick with the flu now. Their son had it Thursday, and then late last night, when I called my friend, she had come down with it, and now today her daughter has it. I am so not happy. I'm all but certain that in another 24 hours I'll be here with 2 barfing kids. It's times like that when I really miss my DH cuz there is nobody here to help me with these things. UGH! Say little prayers for me that my kids won't come down with it...PLEASE!!

Anyhoo, I will pop in later if I can to do individual relplies if I can. Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 04-01-2002, 06:42 PM   #5  

2Cute I was hoping it was true!!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 09:56 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

2cute, you are a hoot!

You really got me! I actually felt shock, then panic, then relief...(thank God it's not me!) Then Awwww...then I laughed out loud when I saw April Fool!

Good One!
Old 04-01-2002, 10:15 PM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Hey............where is everybody today? Just got back from WI................lost a pound. And I know this is so stupid, but I was disappointed. Isn't that crazy? I guess I have been having such big losses since I started, that one little pound didn't seem like much, especially since I was soooo good on my points this week and exercised 4 times this week! And yes, I know, I am always the one to say.........success comes from all sorts of things..........not just the scale. For instance, I haven't wore the shirt I wore to my WW meeting tonight in about 3-4 years.........maybe even longer and when I tried it on today, I slid it right on. That was a success. But still, no matter how much I preach...........I am human. And I still want that instant reward at the scale, just like everyone does. So......when I came home from the meeting, I was fixing me something to eat and before I could microwave my dinner, I had to take a big pan of cornbread I fixed yesterday out of it first. I didn't know first hand........because I left it alone, but I was told it was pretty dang good. And the thought ran through my head......."I think I'm gonna cut me a big ol' piece of that cornbread and put a slab of butter on it and enjoy myself!" And I kept telling myself, "Put it out of your mind.............put it out of your mind." And then a voice came from me..............a new voice.........a voice that has started coming to me more and more lately......and this voice said, "I really want that cornbread, but I really want to be healthy more. I really want to go to the amusement park with my kids and ride with them. I really want to lose this weight more." And suddenly, that cornbread didn't look so good to me anymore. And so, I put it back in the microwave and didn't even think about it again, until now, telling you guys about it. I'm really proud of myself about that. And it dawned on me that that is a pretty good idea. From now on, when I'm tempted to eat something that I really shouldn't. (And yes, I know I could have had the cornbread if I really wanted it.........I just didn't see the point in wasting 8-10 points on a piece of cornbread) I'm going to say aloud or think to myself, "I really want that cake........pie........fried chicken......whatever it might be, but I want to be healthy.........ride a bike......whatever I want to do now and can't.......more. And then, if I really can't think of anything I want more than that food (which I highly doubt) then I'll go ahead and have it. But I'll be honest, I have yet to taste ANYTHING that felt as good as I did the day I slipped those jeans up over my hips. (The ones I had for months and couldn't wear)

{{{{{Thump}}}}}}.........Sorry....that was me getting down off my soapbox. It just feels really good to be in control. Thanks for listening and I will stop back in later. Love to all
Old 04-01-2002, 10:54 PM   #8  

2CUTE, you got me there. Hook, line, and sinker. I thought oh my...... You're very naughty, some april fool's joke.

Jen, I'm with you. Easter was a disaster. I felt nervous about the job shadowing for the competition and ate all day long. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I woke up this morning and worked out to Sweat 'n Shout. I had a good workout. I was afraid I would have been a slug, but I was pretty energetic. But I'm still eating junkfood.

Michelle, mmm...lasagna sounds delicious. I'm too fragile to stop at one portion. It's turkey/ham leftovers. Wish me luck. Who am I kidding???

See ya later,
Malia
Old 04-01-2002, 11:04 PM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Good evening everyone.

Tina... {screech} That was me pushing that soap box back over to you. That was not preaching... that was testimony !!!!
And it was MUSIC TO MY EARS !!!!

I hope everyone knows that listening to success stories is why I keep coming back here. We have all done our share of struggling.. and hearing about someone who OVERCAME temptation.... gives not only them strength while sharing it... it gives US strength while listening.
A DOUBLE whammy of strength !!! I come here to hear about success. Tina... you give me a part of your strength when you share. Keep those stories coming.

I am glad a few of you enjoyed my April Fools joke.
I figured most of you would know the truth... but it was still FUN. (te he te he)
I didn't remember to play any jokes on anyone else.
Many years ago on April 1st my stove caught on fire and the fire dept and ambulance and police all showed up at the house. No real damage done...but to make a longgggg story short..... when my hubby came home that night we were telling him of all the excitement (neighbors taking pictures) and he just sat and listened. When we were done....he said "Sure guys, April Fools...I am not falling for it". LOL . It all happened on April 1st and it took hours to convince him we were telling the truth.

Wish I had time to respond to everyone... but I am going to follow Michelle's fine example... and go fix me some water and then EXERCISE !!!

NOT !!!! April Fools !!!!!
I could not resist one last smile to hold me over to tomorrow.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-01-2002 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:31 AM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Someone just has to say it........

2cute: You are not right!! (on so many levels)
You killed me today!

You are a hoot!!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:19 AM   #11  

I finally got my car dug out of the snow. I want Spring...come on, chant with me!!!!

I know what you mean, Tina, yesterday I put on my Monday suit jacket and it buttoned....I still feel shocked. It never has buttoned since I got it.

This is a good Tuesday Tip for me:

Don't get bored
What do we do when we get bored?
Answer
We eat
We smoke
We drink
We go annoy someone
We go nuts
A better approach
Find a hobby, join a group, read a newspaper, do a puzzle.
Do anything you like - but don't just sit there getting bored.
Boredom makes you fat.
Don't let it.

It's not that I don't have a million things to do. If I have a "rough" day I think I deserve to sit down and watch TV - relax. Of course, that also brings on boredom and eating. I think I need to make a list of all the tasks I want to get done so when I feel that bordom feeling come on I can go to it.

I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...I want Spring...
Old 04-02-2002, 08:33 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all
Sorry I didn't get here yesterday I was called into work . way to go girls on all the successes. I'm in an eating funk. I know I shouldn't but I want to so bad.

Do any of you use Yahoo messenger. We could have a conference messenging party. send me a private message if you do
Well I better go I feel a pop tart calling me.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:29 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning!

Hey everybody! Lovely day again...I'm sending Spring Vibes your way, Lucky!

I must be 'nesting' in honor of 2cute's pregnancy! I came in from work this morning, all set to hit the sack without a backward glance...and THEN...I happened to notice how my kitchen floor was in DIRE need of a quick sweep...dog hair, dustballs and such were cheerily greeting me! Well, once you SWEEP the floor and clear away all the dirt, it exposes the muddy paw prints and spill glops spattered all over the place...so, out came the mop...BUT...I couldn't wash the floor til the sink was cleared of the dirty dishes that my darling daughter PROMISED me she wouldn;t leave! Well, once the sink is all shiny, a little Fantastic on the counters would make it all look so nice, and since I was spraying anyway, may as well give the window a squirt to get rid of those little spatters...of course it wasn't ALL on this side, so I also needed to get the outside part of the window too! Once I got the sink full of sudsy water, my mop broke (sponge came completely out of the holder) so I proceeded use the other side, which didn't do as good a job as I would have liked, but it's at least better than before! WHEW! Now I'm WIDE awake, I guess I'll go exercise!

Be back later...dh is calling...
Old 04-02-2002, 09:52 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Default Good Morning everyone!!

Andrew and I just came back from grocery shopping...well not our total shopping for the week but one store that had a few things on sale that we use and I had coupons for so I stocked up...and this particular store carries the skinny cows except they were out of the sundaes! I LOVE THE SUNDAES! So I got the 1 pt fudge bars and the 2 pt round sandwiches. Who am I kidding...I love all ice cream! I use the 1 pts for when I am at the high end of my range and still need a snack. They are so huge for 1 pt!

I had my cheerios this morning and of course Andrew has to share what I am eating. I was just eating a 2 pt blackberry pie yogurt and he comes back and forth into the room to get his bite. This just made me realize that he is eating healthy too since I am. Makes me proud! At least I am doing something right as far as he is concerned. It works out well for me too...since I counted the 2 pts I have only eaten half of it because I would feel bad if he wanted more and I ate it all! He loves yogurt and fat free chocolate pudding. He is still in the 25th percentile for his weight which is fine by me. I'm glad he doesn't have a weight problem and I hope he doesn't develop one. Hopefully he has his dad's metabolism!

Babble babble babble...listen to me just go on and on!

QueenB You go girl! That is the progress we are all looking for. Its really great at the scale when we lose...but its those little things that add up to the success at the end. It helps us to change that behavior so that when we do reach goal we STAY there. That dump cake sounds pretty good. I think I will try it next time I need a sweet fix!

Jen My stomach hurts just reading your post! I remember those days. Just put it all behind you and move forward. Just think of it as your splurge for the month and don't look back. Sometimes we need to have those so we don't feel like we are deprived. The key is to get back on track with eating healthy and NEVER give up!

Kat LOL...come to my house...please please please! It is in dire need of some dusting! I did the kitchen floor thing yesterday...sweep and mop...the dust bunnies were getting viscious!! And the spills in front of the fridge were out of conrol. Andrew has learned to open the fridge and take things out now. We just got one of those fridge locks!

Grannie...go outside or something...far far away from the food or have a low point snack. I use aol instant messenger and msn messenger. Does anyone use those?

Lucky SNOW...omg...We hardly had any snow this year. In fact today is suppose to be 67 and the sun is shining. If I ever get off this computer I am going to get the laundry going and breakfast dishes done while Andrew naps then take him out side to play. He loves it outside and it gives us both some exercise. I spent so much money this past weekend on outdoor toys I figured we better get out and use them!

2Cute I agree...I love hearing everyone's successes whether they are scale related or behavior related. They inspire me...knowing that I am NOT the only one who has these problems with food and if someone else can do it so can I !!!

Malia The chicken florentine lasagna is very rich. You can only eat one piece. Me being mega portion woman could only eat one serving. I didn't even eat a salad with it. John too...he only ate one serving and nothing else. Its very good!

Ok where are our friends Susie, Thin, Andria, JoAnne, Tina and Nancy? come out come out where ever you are????

I better get started on that laundry! I'll check back in after to get me some more motivation. Have a great day!

Michelle
Old 04-02-2002, 10:55 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

I have a msn account same id as here
Closed Thread