Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 05:43 AM   #1  
fatter than U

Talking Hippy Easter, Cows!!

Eggs have all been hunted down. Now I have to tackle roasting a duck for dinner. I'm following Julia Child's instructions so things should be ok.

I miss Lush! I want to hear about her kids' Easter outfits and painting eggs on Monday instead of Sunday.

Poor Queen Mum. She was my idol.
Old 03-31-2002, 06:15 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Angry one more thing, darlings.......

Yahoo has been fiddling again. You need to got to YahooGroups, then to "account info" and then to "marketing preferences". Then mark all those little boxes so kindly marked by Yahoo with "yes" to "NO, not in a million years!". Otherwise they hunt you down like a dog and make you buy stuff. How rude.

Last edited by SugP; 03-31-2002 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:51 AM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Thanks, Sugar

Amazing what they'll do to annoy you if you don't keep an eye on 'em.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter. I just got home this evening from Boston. Had a great time, ate way too much expensive food, went to the Improv club and Aida. Both excellent. Raided Filene's Basement.

Kiwi
Old 04-01-2002, 11:59 AM   #4  

Default Hoppy Easter to you!

I had a lovely Easter. It was sunny and warm all weekend. I worked in the yard and am totally amazed with how much more work I need to do. Had my Bro and his annoying gf ( of 15 years) and his girls over. Also my sis and bil and sweetie pie nephew too. Even though I talked the Easter dinner plan over with the dietican last week, (eat a little ham, and a slew of asparagus) I ate all kinds of bad stuff that was sooooo good.

I am really steamed this morning. In a moment of insanity I co-signed for my son to buy some wheels. His reason was that it would help him establish credit, blah, blah, blah. Apparently he is late on his payment and it has been reported to the credit bureau. I got a lovely collection call this morning. I'm going to choke him. He got a bad mark on my credit report for a lousy $800 loan. I'm going to pay it off and take it out of his tax return, and that will be the last time I'm ever crazy enough to co-sign for an 18 year old.

I miss Lush, too, Sugar. What could we do to get her back here?
Old 04-01-2002, 10:56 PM   #5  
The magic shrinking cow

Happy Easter! We went up to Iowa where the in-laws force-fed us for almost three days (and then sent us home with more food.) I took today off and took the boys to the park to skate. My Little Guy can skate now! Yay! But it means he's getting old. Boo!

Ciao!
Cherry
Old 04-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hiya Cherry

How's trix?

Hey Peachie, you must be really lonely this week, so you can post and post and post Did you read that article I sent you yet?

I did my hairnet lady thing today. I'm getting to be an old pro lunch lady. Oy. (For those not keeping up, I'm not doing school lunch, I'm working at Meals for Me--like Meals on Wheels) Really keeps me up to date on all the retiree gossip in town. Today I had to listen to a revolting story about some old man buying condoms by the gross. Then I got to hear it again.

tata

Kiwi
Old 04-03-2002, 07:12 PM   #7  

Default Old guys

Are really just older young guys, Kiwi. And you know how those old folks are anyway, they love to buy in bulk to save a penny.

I have nothing interesting to say - I'm still behaving myself diet wise and I actually went walking in the morning and the pm yesterday. And in the am today and darn it, I may take the dog for a walk this evening. However, the speed of my weightloss is kinda like watching paint dry. Only slower and more boring. Like this post.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:49 PM   #8  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default all this time I thought I was Sug's idol

oh well.

I am too blubberbutted. I am tired of it. I was certain I'd lose weight while the boys were away but it hasn't worked AT ALL. Yesterday, I did this juice fast thing and by dinner I was nearly unconscious. Really. I went to the local Po Boys restaurant where, I saw on the marquis as I drove into the lot (I am STRESSING THAT I DID NOT GO THERE BECAUSE I KNOW I AM AN OLD BAT) that is was senior citizens night and 30 percent anything on the menu was the game.

Inside it looked like Romper Room for the over 70 gang. Little grey heads everywhere.

So I put my name on the list. I was first. After me came other gangs of people looking for that discount. The woman called Peaches and it turned out that several of the women were named Peaches. I hated it. Leave me alone and let me eat.

Then they put me at this table right by the line of Peacheses and I ordered from the best waiter in the world who fed me and had me out of there lickety split. But I was almost blind with lack of nutrition. I hate this.

Kiwi, I read and answered your email. If you go to the website for Globus tours and look at their classical Greece one, you'll see where they went. Because of Easter, their tour got rearranged. Too many ppl at Corinth or something. Anyhow after two days of not hearing from them, I imagine my baby and Herbie kidnapped and sold on the dessert and I decided I had to call them. First, you can't just dial Greece. The number they give you and the directions from Spring don't jive and, on Easter, all the Sprint (or whatever) operators were having hormone surges that made them quite nasty. Finally, one dialed the number for me after I demanded her supervisor so I could just cry on her shoulder. After the hotel answered, she said, "see, there you are. They answered just fine." In order words she interrupted my call.

But they werent' there. He told me where and I made another operator dial again.

I can find them easily by now. DS has taken many rolls of film. Woudln't it be nice if some of them turned out? He had his birthday there. He saw an elementary school built in the 16th century. He tasted kalimari. The hotels are beautiful. Herbie bought walkie talkies for the whole bunch so the kids can't run away so easy. DS especially likes the Cd the tour guide plays on the bus. Chants and stuff.

I miss Lush too. and Frappe. All I have is cats. Wonder if Lush lived near where my ex moved in PA.

Bye.

p.s. How long to condoms last? Maybe he could set up a table at the flea market.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:44 AM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default morning to you

not good morning. I have a chest cold. Or bronchitis. Or pneumonia. I'm not going to sling hash with the oldsters today; I don't want to infect them. Coughing into the vat of mashed potatoes is a definite no-no.

Peaches, you actually sound a bit light-headed. Glad you found sustenance. Silly that Easter changed the tour's plans to Greece, since Greek Easter isn't until May 5th. I never forget Greek Easter because it was on Greek Easter many years ago that I discovered that I was allergic to magiritsa soup . Who knew? It's a good thing the ex-bf and I didn't stay together or I would be explaining that to wizened old Greek women for the rest of my life.

Well, I have to go cough a lot. And I haven't finished eating all of the Easter candy... So bye.

Kiwi
Old 04-04-2002, 10:23 AM   #10  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default margarita soup?

I knew u were allergic to apples, but this is too weird.

I'm going to the doc in a bit for a routine thing and I'm gonna say: What can I do to get this lard off my butt? I'll let u know.
Old 04-04-2002, 02:24 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Default nono

magiritsa soup. Lamb intestines.

But that's a good idea. Margarita soup. Let's see: lime, chicken broth, tequila, some salt around the rim of the soup bowl.

Maybe the Dr. will send you to Wabbit's dietitian.

My throat itches.

Kiwi
Old 04-04-2002, 04:25 PM   #12  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default do ya think?

My innocent Herbie and DS are being fed lamb intestines??? I'm allergic to it too.

The doctor was a real bore. Talked about exercise and calories and 30 percent fat, carb and protein. Yawn. He was of no help.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:02 PM   #13  

Default My advice

Peaches, the ugly truth is that you have to eat less and exercise more. It's so silly for me to go to a dietician to have her tell me things I already know. I'm not sure that I even like her. However, I will continue to go to her because that's what I seem to need to stay on track. She can't even figure my body fat because her calculations don't work because 1. I have very muscular calves and 2. big boobs and 3. I'm short. According to her it throws all her calculations off. Did you ever hear of such a thing?

I'm gardening up a storm here. It was a sunny, lovely 72 degrees today.

They still haven't found the 2 girls that are missing here.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:51 AM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wabbit!

What a thing to say! Eat less and exercise more? Next thing you'll be advocating sleeping 8 hours a night.

Sounds like a silly excuse about the body fat calc. Surely the chest offsets the calves and everything is quite straightforward, no ?

Later ladies, gotta go see my DD do her singing thing at the state competition.

Kiwi
Old 04-05-2002, 01:16 PM   #15  

Default Back to rain

If it makes any of you northerners feel better, our sunshine is over and we're back to the usual nasty rain.

I'm just in the office doing paychecks and I had to stop by and wish you lovely cows a lovely weekend.

Hope your DD sings like a nightengale, Kiwi.
Closed Thread