Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 8/20-26

Hello everyone! Good to see you.

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

A weight loss dilemma that the rest of us can help you brainstorm strategies/solutions/etc.
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #2  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 208 -- down 1.5!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Not so good on the evening eating or logging in fitday, but getting back on track.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Log everday in fitday.

A weight loss dilemma that the rest of us can help you brainstorm strategies/solutions/etc. Losing my motivation. I wish someone would just call me everyday and remind me why I am doing all of this!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 215 (same)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): To not weigh myself - bad, I think I lasted a day, lol.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): To stay focused on my longterm goals.

A weight loss dilemma that the rest of us can help you brainstorm strategies/solutions/etc. I start everyday great and into lunch. After that I 'forget' I'm trying to lose weight or the motivation wanes. I 'remember' again sometime after dinner and a little candy.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #4  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Howdy, everyone!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Won't know until Friday! Right now I'm just praying to break into the 190s.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Not look at the scale (success!), no eating after 7 p.m. - did well on all but 2 days.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise!!!!

A weight loss dilemma that the rest of us can help you brainstorm strategies/solutions/etc. I second the motivation factor. It seems like I am always falling off the wagon and picking myself back up again. I just booked a trip to Moab next April for my husband's birthday, and I keep thinking I would like to be at least 30-40 lbs lighter so I can enjoy the outdoor activities without losing my breath or needing to stop every 5 minutes. I NEED to get motivated!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #5  

So far, it sounds like we could all use a little help staying motivated. I'm usually pretty fired up about short term goals, but not so much this time. I don't know. I'm going to think on this for a bit. Curious as to what you all are thinking.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #6  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): back to 197 whoo-hoo. got to love the roller-coaster ride. hold on ladies!!! Keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): made it all week and just weighed in today. what a surprise.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): keep the momentum going.

A weight loss dilemma that the rest of us can help you brainstorm strategies/solutions/etc. I eat when I am stressed, sleepy, grumpy, etc..... I need to have a little swatter that pops out and slaps my hand when I "forget" to choose wisely.

I have heard of some people putting their "skinny" picts all around so they can always see what the goal is. Maybe cutting out some girl pictures from Maxim and glueing on my face may give me some staying power. (Sadly it will probably just tick me off and make me sad and then I eat more.)

I think that giving ourselves weekly atta-girls when we meet our goal may be positive. It could be a little treat---- like new nail polish and an hour to do our little pigs up nice, or a new magazine, or movie, time w/ friends. Whatever ..... anyhoo, there are my ideas.

REMEMBER LADIES....We are strong, we are smart, we are funny.... and we are worth it!!!

Hugs and WILL POWER to all! Sonie
sonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #7  
Am I there yet?

I'm wondering if the short-term goal is the way to go for me. I get discouraged when I think of all the weight I need to lose. I think you're on to something, sonie and hotmama - I'm thinking of 5 lb goals? The problem is that I usually want to reward myself with food!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #8  

Haha Anna, that is so funny about rewarding yourself with food, I do too. When ever I drop on the scale, it's like woohoo, I'm skinny, I can eat, LMAO!

I like the five pound goal thing, it's forseeable and doable. And 5 lbs. is a good drop in its own right!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #9  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies! Sorry I'm late. First day back to college in... a couple years was yesterday. I'm excited, and boy will it be hard to lose weight with all that stress!

What's your weigh-in: 200.4

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Bad, again! Exercise is turning out to be my bane. This just isn't acceptable, and yet I keep doing it and trying to make excuses to myself. I was SUPPOSED to exercise 5 days of the week, but I did achieve downward movement on the scale.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Keep drinking ~120oz of water now that I'll be busy in class/work all day without as much access to water refills. I think I will have to put exercise off until all of the art supplies shopping is done (I'm taking 4 studio art classes).

A weight loss dilemma that the rest of us can help you brainstorm strategies/solutions/etc.: Motivation for me as well! But for exercise. Why won't I do it?! It's so frustrating.

Catch up with ya later, lovelies - gotta get going to class!
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #10  
Am I there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama2three View Post
Haha Anna, that is so funny about rewarding yourself with food, I do too. When ever I drop on the scale, it's like woohoo, I'm skinny, I can eat, LMAO!

I like the five pound goal thing, it's forseeable and doable. And 5 lbs. is a good drop in its own right!
LOL! So true. I lost weight? Awesome... I'll go reward myself with a big dinner at a nice restaurant!! No wonder I keep losing and gaining the same 5 lbs...

We need to brainstorm for 5 lb. rewards that don't involve a trip to Dunkin' Donuts!

I like the new nail polish idea or new makeup idea. That's something I always want to buy anyway, it will do me some good to show a little restraint and reward myself with it. I also like to shop at Hobby Lobby (ugh...they take a lot of my money) for home decor stuff. Maybe a new DVD or something as well?
Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #11  

Whenever I loose five pounds I go out and go to the mall and spend about 10$! But the rule is you have to walk the entire mall before you can spend the money! It's great excercise and motivation!
gentlebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #12  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hiya Ladies! Sorry I haven't been around much the past couple of days. School started and I have been busy!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): I am not sure..scared to weigh myself

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I failed..I went off plan.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): TO BE ON PLAN everyday

A weight loss dilemma that the rest of us can help you brainstorm strategies/solutions/etc: I can't stop having off days....Once or twice a week I just go crazy and eat like 2500 calories Ugh!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #13  
Am I there yet?

Hi ladies, I hope this thread isn't dying off! How is everyone doing?

Well I weighed in today and (not shocking) I gained a lb. I am so discouraged. I have been taken down by my allergies this week and have not exercised nor been watching what I ate. I feel so disappointed in myself!

My body is exhausted though, from the lack of sleep due to my sinuses, so I am trying to give myself a break and pick myself up again starting next week. I have class until 9:30 tonight and then all day tomorrow, so making it through this weekend without passing out from exhaustion will be a miracle!

I hope everyone else is doing well! Hang in there!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #14  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Awww 2fat I hope you get to feeling better! I am pretty exhausted too. I am one of those people that constantly has a sinus problem or allergies. ICK. It just drains you doesn't it?

I am showing 192 on the scales right now but I don't believe it. I am in that stretch right before TOM when the scale is always wonky. I am still discouraged though. I have been doing pretty well with my eating, but showing no progress. WHY does this have to be so sloooow? I want to be sexy now! LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:02 PM   #15  

Hey Girls, don't be discouraged. It is a long process, but the small victories are a lot of fun.

I too am up today and will be working to get back down. Same 'ol same 'ol pounds, tread and retread before I'll see another 'real' drop. I can't seem to manage my eating, when I do exercise, my body tells me it's sooooo hungry, I gotta eat. So anyway, I'm not going to kill myself over it. I just accept that with my freestyle type of dieting I'm in it for the long haul.

I love the small changes that are happening to my body from exercise so I want to stick with it even though not every week is as 'active' as I would like.

This is our life, so just keep on going. A year from now we are going to be/look better than where we are at right now if we keep at it.

I too don't want our thread to die, personally, I can't chain myself to the computer or I'll be working against myself so unless something else is going on I'm good with checking every other day or so. I know there is a lot of good info on 3FC, but I just can't sit down for hours to read it, cuz computer time/web surfing to me is non moving and snacky time -- a double whammy. I'm here though regularly and I love our little group. It helps and I love getting to know you all.

Sherin