Old 08-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default spaghetti squash

I just made spaghetti squash for the first time and wow did it turn out good but now I have two questions.

1. How long does cooked spaghetti squash last and what is the best way to store it?

2. As for the other half that I didn't cook how long does that last before I need to cook it?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

LOL - can't help with either on since I eat it so quickly there is never any left. This stuff rocks - I make it for myself when I make spaghetti and meatballs for my son - a little no sugar added sauce and a sprinkle of parmegan cheese - YUMMMMMMMMM
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The rule of thumb for most foods, including cooked veggies are "3 days then throw it out". I wouldn't keep the uncooked half longer than 3 or 4 days, either. You can successfully freeze cooked spagetti squash, I just put it in a freezer Ziploc bag, then either microwave it or drop it in a pot of boiling water when I'm ready to eat it.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:50 PM   #4  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

It gets pretty watery after the first day in the fridge, so I usually try to finish it within two or three days, tops. It's so delicious and low-cal that that isn't difficult, though!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I've always cooked the whole thing at one time. I've used up the uneaten portion within 3 days, having stored it in a tupperware type container.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #6  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I've definitely kept cooked spaghetti squash in the fridge for at least a week, maybe longer. Just use the smell/site test on it; if it doesn't smell bad and you can't see any visible mold, it's fine to eat. I'm always pushing the boundaries of how long veggies can be kept in the fridge; you'd be surprised how long you can keep most (and I have a very sensitive stomach, so if I can eat it after a week in the fridge, just about anyone can). But you should try to eat it within a week because it probably won't last much longer than that. Make sure you keep the uncooked half in the fridge until you are ready to cook it.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote