Old 08-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #1  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Default August 20-26 LAWL Losers and Friends

Well, here I am starting the new thread for the week. I hope I got the dates right!

Been a great week for me - the ounces keep dropping off. I'm so excited! When you do this plan the way they tell you to, it really works. I've dieted for so long that when I started on this, I was sure I knew a better way to do it. I kept trying to change it up. I gave in after a week or so of just confusing myself and lo and behold, it does work without any of my bright ideas to mess it up! I love it!

Anyone heard about ControlTrim at their COD? Ours is taking pre-orders because they expect it to go very quickly. I know it's supposed to speed up weightloss and that it was developed by the USDA. There's a pill form that you take before meals or a powder form that you can use as a fat replacement. If I took the pill, that would be 6 more pills added to the pile I'm already taking everyday. I'm going to wait until I hit a plateau that I can't jump off of before I add or change anything.

Hope everyone else is POP and having a great day so far!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone! We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday my uncle got married. Their wedding was so sweet, and the after party was great. We drank and danced until midnight. Very fun. Yesterday DH and I took the kids for a drive up into the mountains near our house. We found a yearling moose standing off to the side of the road. He stood and stared at us for long time. We got a lot of pictures. The kids were so excited. Then, a little further down the road, we ran into a herd of 3 mule deer that froze and stared at us while we took pictures. It was so great. The kids start school on Wednesday, so I have plenty to do to be ready for that.

Have a fantastic day everybody!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #3  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

GM all and GL with the WL this week.

Had a great weekend, but boy was I hungry all the time and I don't feel that well either. I have picked up drinking diet drinks again and ate some pork ribs from the grill on Saturday night so I think that is what is driving this funk that I am in. Got to give up the diet drinks. The scale hasn't moved for me since the first of last week.

My two DS brought home a baby deer on Friday night that they rescued out of a cave it had falled down in. It is so pretty, but I have begged them to turn it loose. I know it wants it's mama, but not sure where she is.

Not much else going on. I pretty much stayed on the couch yesterday because I wasn't feeling well. I missed church last night, so I won't be fun to be around this week. I need the extra service to be presentable through the week.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #4  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, guys. I'll be home today with DD. She was up ALL night coughing and didn't sleep until 4 AM. I spoke to the night nurse at 3:30 and she said that I really need to bring DD in this morning since they've treated 2 dozen cases of pneumonia in the past week. Please pray that it's not pneumonia! We had already tried everything that the nurse suggested except for 1/2 teaspoon of corn syrup. Wouldn't you know it? That's what worked! When she finally passed out at 4, I just stayed up and did lesson plans and worksheets for my sub for today. I called our assistant principal at 6 to tell her needed a sub and, thank goodness, she was sweet about it. She isn't always. It probably helped that I was nearly in tears from worry and exhaustion. I went to the school and got everything ready, so hopefully the sub won't have any trouble.

The good news is that I was down 3 pounds at WI on Saturday. Just 7 more pounds and I'll be in Two-Topia!! My goal is to be there by Labor Day.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Well its definitely Monday-I got something on my pants and had to change before I ever left the house. Then I dropped my cottage cheese in the floor and the container busted so had to not only clean it up but get something else ready for lunch at work today, grrrr!!! Hope everybody elses Monday started better than mine!

Felicia-Sorry your DD isnt feeling well but congrats on the weight loss girlie! You're doing great!

Heather-I just got to meet the other Kim from TN. She said you wanted to get together, sounds great to me! Maybe a cup of coffee at Starbucks or something. Just let me know when and I'll be there!

Well freakin TOM is killin me again! I've got to get these hormonal munchies under control! I'm supposed to start maintenance next week!

Everybody else, have an absolutely amazing week!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #6  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone,

Well it's Monday again my weekend starts tomorrow. I have to work from 12-4 but thats not too bad then I am off till Thursday. I went for weigh in this morning and the scale showed 2 pounds less so I was happy. Hope everyone has a good day. Off to work for me. Bye for now folks.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #7  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Amy - I do hope the baby deer finds it's mommy; if not do you have any other place you can bring it? I cannot imagine what I'd do if kids brought home a deer!

Felicia - prayers for your DD. Let us know what the docs say. I'll have to remember the corn syrup next time I have a bad cough and fever! Look out - two topia lurks at your door!

Gotta run...appointments with dermatologist and therapist today. Oh what fun...not really...but gotta take care of myself....Got my workout in already...2 dog walks and 25 minute walk/run on the treadmill. I feel good right now!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #8  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning WL Buddies. Well, like Kim said - it's a Monday!! That's about as much as I can say about that!! On the good side of things, tomorrow is Tuesday and Tuesday surely can't be as bad as Mondays. Had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday was the twin grandsons 2nd birthday party so was not POP but I did my best. I go WI today so we'll see what the COD says. I'm doing TO tomorrow and Wednesday so hopefully that will get me off this plateau that I seem to be on. At this point I'm ready to try anything. Enough of my blabbering. Hope everyone has a POP week and hope this is a great week in general!! I'll be back later.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #9  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone!!!

Sherry - Pierogies...yummy, yummy, yummy! I haven't had ANY since I started back on plan. When I was pregnant, that is ALL that I ate! Seriously, pierogies for breakfast, lunch and dinner...no wonder I gained 50 pounds

Liza - I love new phones. I need to get a new one myself...I like to take pictures of my DD and the phone that I have now keeps freezing up on me.

LeaAnn - Huge CONGRATS on the teaching job! You must be so excited!

Joni - you can't get rid of me that easily I've just been lurking this weekend. I did think of you yesterday because there was a Scrabble tournament or something like that on ESPN

Felicia - corn syrup? Really? What does that do? My prayers are with your DD. My DH was in the hospital with pneumonia in April and it wasn't fun...and with children, it's just that much worse - at least on the parents

Katie - sounds like you had a really nice time at the wedding.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #10  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning everyone! Just back to work after our 5 day camping vacation in TN. It was wonderful! DD loved the trip to Dollywood. We did lots of hiking and swimming. Can't say that I was POP, lots of liquid starches and fruits...and munchies as well since the TOM hit as we were leaving. Didn't do horribly but wasn't that good either. Guess the scale will tell on Friday.

No time for catching up and personals right now, just want to say HI! Hope all you losers had a great weekend and that Monday is not too punishing
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #11  

Katy-Glad you had a good trip to TN and Dollywood! I'd like to go for the Craft Festival this fall, havent been in a few years!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #12  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

GM Girls! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I did!

I went to WI this morning, and apparently I am at a plateau, already. Since Friday I have been POP water and all and I am still stuck! Aghh! So I am doing TO tomorrow and Wednesday hoping that will kick start my engine back up! Also I am going to start walking again this week, it has been so hot I havent even dared exercising outside!

I start back to school this week keep me in your prayers! I hope the stress doesnt hurt my weight loss this week!!!

Hope you all have a great week!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #13  
LAWL since 9/06

GM everyone,

Well I have a great NSV to tell you all, at least it is to me. The kids had pancake and sausage on a stick last night and believe it or not, I had a salad. How wonderful is that. I could have easily grabbed one of those myself, but did not. Can't say I didn't have a little taste though. But I am very proud of myself.

I am still sitting at 172 and hope to see some change this week. TOM is also coming and can see a slight gain from that. But I have been walking my kids to school every morning for 4 days now and it really feels good to be able to do that now because they start school sooner. They really enjoy it when I can do that too and it is so worth it to enjoy our walks, even if it is to school.

Glad to see everyone had a nice weekend. WE went to see Underdog yesterday and I didn't get any popcorn, just a bottle of water. Alex got some Dibs and Danny got a pickle. Can't say I didn't have a little of both. But I was mostly good. The bad thing I can say is that I had McDonalds for lunch. Chicken nuggets and fries, but it was a kids meals. That counts doesn't it. But I still take pride in not having the popcorn, nor the pancake and sausage on a stick. We were grocery shopping and the kids wanted something to eat and there was an MD's in Walmart, so we stopped there. Anyway, I am going to work really hard to work that off.

Well, have to go and get some work done. Talk more with everyone later. Congrats to all the losses and keep up the good work.

Liz
XOXOXO
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 192.6/183.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello Friends,

With school starting back, work has been never ending. I feel like I am treading water and every now and then a big wave knocks me over. Gosh, I'm glad I love my job !

I have WI today. I don't expect the scales to move much. TOM was here last week and I had some serious chocolate cravings... My counselor said, "Do you have to have the chocolate??? I mean do you have to have it???" I looked and her and said "No... but I don't think prison food would be good for my plan either... so I'll opt for the chocolate!"

Go to run. I'll try and catch up on personals later.
galachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #15  

"Do you have to have the chocolate??? I mean do you have to have it???" I looked and her and said "No... but I don't think prison food would be good for my plan either... so I'll opt for the chocolate!"

LOL Renee I love it!! Thats how I feel, freakin hormones!