Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies, #26

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!
Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #2  

Hey, ladies.

Gayle, so sorry about Liz's friend's fiance. That is really sad.

Suzy, great news about Travis.

EVERYONE--y'all are doing such a great job! I stuck the five-pound challenge thread.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #3  

Gayle how did your mom's heart check up go? You are so lucky to be able to take her to this appointment. It is just amazing what she made it through.
I have had a heart monitor on for two weeks now. Hopefully they will be able to see what is going on.
When is the funeral. That is really sad.

Suzy I am so happy to hear that Travis is moving closer. I take it for granted that my kids live a mile or less away.

You girls are doing great. It is nice to see that the board is active again.

Our dinner party was so much fun. Nobody had been to a clam bake before. It cooked up perfect. I would definitely do it again.

Saturday when we were getting ready for the dinner Dez called. She was at Ashely's parents place. Her Dad feel out of a tree and was injured. Nobody was with him so she stayed with him in the hospital. Debbie his wife came later and Dez stayed with her. He broke two ribs, his wrist, hand, dislocated his shoulder and has some bleeding. They aren't sure if it is just from the fall or is there is internal injuries. We were so worried about him. He is lucky that is all that happened.
Also on Saturday night a good girlfriend of mine, the one that hosted all the tea times had a heart attack. She will be going for angiogram and probably a shunt in the next few days. She had been having problems for the last month but asumed it was her new meds that was making her nausiated. (sp?)

What I learned from this is you never know what is going to happen the next minute. Love while you can.

xox
Old 08-14-2007, 06:08 AM   #4  

Dee-That is so true. Prayers to all your friends. I didn't know you were having heart problems again. You have suffered so long with it, plus your back. Do they think maybe your back problems are connected to the heart problems? Have they ever checked that out? Please let us know what happens with the monitoring.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #5  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
What I learned from this is you never know what is going to happen the next minute. Love while you can.
You are so right Dee!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #6  

Pretty quiet here today. I hope that there is some losers out there!

Good news! My girlfriend went for her angiogram and they found that she needs only meds. They also found out yesterday that she has had at least 2 out heart attacks beside the one she had on the weekend. It is amazing what they can find out from your blood.

I am bring back my heart monitor tomorrow because something is wrong with it. Hopefully they captured what is going on. I am also going for my ct scan tomorrow to check if I had a stroke. I doubt that I did but the dr is airing on the side of caution.

Shelley my back problems are not linked with my heart problems. One is disk and the other one is a fast and irregular heart beat. Good thinking though.

Ashley's dad is feeling a lot of pain. He has the most pain in his shoulder and they don't even know what is wrong with it because it is so swollen. When it goes down they will be able to check it out better.

I am so tired today. I think that I am going to lie down with a magazine. Night all.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Prayers needed.

Last night, my Buddy dog had either a stroke or a seizure. He threw up and is having difficulty walking. He's 13-14 years old, and we've noticed some neurological deterioration in his hind legs in the past few months. But this is so sudden. He won't eat this morning (and he is a chow hound--loves his food).

Then, this morning after my run, I noticed that Chico has some weird head twitch. He stops when I talk to him, but it's quite noticeable.

I'm wondering if they ate something poisonous.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #8  

Oh no Allison! You should have them checked out. They both shouldn't be sick.

Well my ct scan is over with, now I have to wait for results. I checked in on my girlfriend in the hospital and they released her.
I had a good day today. I went shopping and bought Larry's birthday gifts. Monday to Wednesday I am taking a trip down to Minnisoda's casion with Gail, Thomaz and Dez. I love the water park and where can you go to a hotel with suite for $15 a night. Gail even gets $20 a day to gamble and the meals are big enough to share and cost only $10. Cheap, cheap, cheap.
Larry's birthday is thursday and Jay bought us all ball tickets so that will be a nice evening.
Amigo my doggie is crying to go out so I bet run.

One more thing Gayle how did Liz make out at the funeral? I was thinking of her yesterday. My prayers are still with his family and friends.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:58 AM   #9  

Allison-I am sending prayers for your beloved pets.

Dee-Happy Birthday to Larry!

I was put on Zocor yesterday because of high cholestral. When I told her I don't eat fat, she asked if I exercise. Of course, the answer was yes. Since I am doing everything right, the only other option was med. Oh well, another disadvantage of growing old
Old 08-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #10  

Shelley is there someone else in your family that has high colestral? Can you imagine if you didn't watch your diet and didn't exercise what it would be like? It is a good thing you take care yourself.

Larry has the afternoon off today. It is a nice sunny day. Every second friday he gets off so we try a new restaurant for lunch. Not sure where we will be heading yet but I would like to sit on the patio.

Time to get my butt in gear and go swim.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #11  
Losing it!

My mom is on Zocor Shelley. She has reduced her level down to 1/2 tab every other evening. I know diet will help, but I'm really not sure how much. For her the change in diet worked.

Allison, I hope the pups are ok. Do you have something out that they could of gotten into? I know some bugs are even toxic to animals. I hope they are ok and you can figure out what is causing the problem.

Dee, Liz did ok at the funeral. He had to be cremated and that is hard for all of his friends to deal with. They said with a body or even a closed casket, there seems to be more closure. Amanda, bless her heart, is just young enough, she didn't realize until the family told her, he would need to be cremated. She is having a very difficult time, not sleeping, eating etc. I think I'm going to call a few girls I know at our Hospice and see if they will call her just to talk. It may help her to get involved in a grief support group.

Suzy, I hope things are going ok and your dad is still doing well.

All the other Floozies, I am here, just super busy and not enough time to post.

Mom had her annual heart appointment and the doc is very impressed with her progress. Now they are more concerned about her age catching up with her. They want her setup with a Lifeline so if she needs help and I'm not available. Try convincing a stubborn, independant 81 year old that it can be a good thing. LOL!

Well, I need to go! I have 3 golden bronze stud of men on top of me taking all of my attention! (Roofers are here today!) :-)
Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 PM   #12  
Janice

Prayers to you all. I have just been catching up.
Gayle how tragic such a young life. God needed him for something else.
Allison - let us know how your two dogs are doing. I know how you must be feeling both my dogs are fourteen.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #13  
Losing it!

Dee, I hope Larry had a happy B-day!

Janice, join us on the challenge thread! Nice to see you again!

Busy day today, I have relatives visiting, church and Steve is helping BIL shingle his house. Never a dull moment around here...

I hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Default Buddy Update

Buddy is slowly getting better. He still throws up if he drinks too much water, so we try to keep an eye on that (but when we're not home, what can you do?). His nystagmus (eyes not focusing) seems to be pretty much resolved. He still tilts his head to the right, but it seems to be less prominent. He still walks like a drunken sailor (not quite in a straight line) but isn't falling as much. He still refuses dog food (as well as chicken and steak) but I found a recipe that he will eat--it has a ton of calories, so I don't need to give him much and small amounts of food seem to be better for his tummy. Hopefully within the week he'll be even better.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #15  

What about Chico?
Closed Thread