Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 AM   #1  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy More Trigger Foods for me to avoid

*sigh* It looks like I have to add seedless red grapes and bananas to my no no list. I was trying to figure out what in tarnation was making me eat like a horse the last 6-7 days, and I do mean LIKE A HORSE!!!!!

I recently upped my exercise routine big time, so at first I thought I was just hungry from that- I tried upping my protein a bit, didn't work.

I didn't exercise around the fourth day of the hungry horrors, and I was still starving the entire day. I just could not figure out what was wrong- I ate lots of fruits, then craved sugary stuff.....veggies didn't help, nor did the protein, next thing I know, I wanted to eat every dar gone carb in sight!

Red grapes and bananas were on sale at the store this week, and seeing that they are two of my (as well as my son and daughters') favorite fruits, I bought them. Of course, I ate them, thinking they would be good for me. pppppfffffffttttt.

By the fourth day (which was my non-exercise day) of eating one or the other (or both), something clicked that whenever I ate either of these foods items, I was hungry within a half of an hour, and ravenous within an hour, if I tried to ignore the hunger. I decided to test them both on separate days, to find out which one was the culprit- sadly, they both are triggers for me.

This is four fruits that are trigger foods for me. Apples and pineapples are already on my list. I have only six fruits left that I love- oranges, watermelon, peaches, blueberries, cherries and plums- occasionally, I can eat strawberries, but need a little sugar to sweeten them, so I don't eat them often. I just hope I can continue eating the other five fruits left. I love oranges, but if I eat them, then I can't have tomatoes or anything else with acid for the rest of the day as it upsets my stomach, and too much acid causes cancor sores in my mouth. So I haven't been eating them as much as I would like to.

Let's hope that tommorrow I can get back to eating my regular calories again. It has been very alarming for me to not be able to control my appetite and my sugar cravings, to which I don't normally have now that I already eliminate apples and pineapple from my diet. I hope there aren't anymore trigger foods left, it's not fun trying to figure out what the cause is, especially when TOM is due in a few days, ggggggrrrrrr.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:17 AM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

It's a bummer to find trigger foods lurking in our cupboards, but think of it like a landmine: better to know where it is and get rid of it than to try to just live with it!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:23 AM   #3  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Yeah I think I've heard grapes are converted really easily. I tend not to keep them around either, luckily I'm not a huge fan so I don't feel like I'm missing out, but kinda a bummer to lose a fruit you really like. I think pineapple does the same to me also.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I just recently gave up red grapes because aren't that nutritious. They are high in sugar and low in fiber. I love them so found this to be a bummer, but I want the healthiest fruit I can get and stand to eat.

I don't have a problem with bananas since I've always hated them. Strawberries are wonderful when in season, but I do have to sprinkle a packet of Splenda on them or they are too tart. I love cantaloupe with a passion, fresh pineapple, and red delicious apples. I have to peel my apples though, which I know loses me good fiber and nutrients. But the peeling is gross.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Oh yes! Grapes, bananas and pineapple will trigger my sugar cravings almost immediately. I don't eat grapes or pineapple at all anymore and only 1/2 a banana about 2-3 times a week because they are so nutritious.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #6  

Strawberries with splenda is THE best snack!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

If you really want to eat grapes, as an experiment, you might try measuring out a cup and eating them with a protein and a healthy fat to see if that helps. Those high sugar fruits alone can wreak havoc on your blood sugar. Like Rhonda, I rarely eat bananas, but when I do, it's with a protein.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote