Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 10:12 AM   #1  

Angry Steel Magnolias #154

Good Morning everyone,

The first day of a 4 day weekend. I hope everyone is doing well.
When I last posted here a few weeks ago, I indicated that I was not focusing on weight loss as Kenny and I were working on starting a family. Well... I AM EXPECTING! My due date by my dates is Nov 26th. I am going to see my family doctor next week and will get my referral to an OB then. I am so excited!!!!

Cindy

[email protected]
Old 03-29-2002, 10:56 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking Friday Morning

Cindy, I was thinking about you this morning. I really was. I was going to search for your email addy you posted the last time...but I see YOU ARE DOING WONDERFULLY! (((HUG))) Congratulations, best wishes, and great joy to you Cindy! I am thrilled for you. Absolutely thrilled! Now...are you and hubby going to be surprised or do y'all want to know the gender of that precious baby? Names?! Have you thought of names?!

Gloria, I think for the rest of my life I will be counting points. I don't see food as food anymore...I see points...and it doesn't matter whether I eat more than I should or even less than what I should eat--I see points!

Gail
Old 03-29-2002, 11:46 PM   #3  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's been a very long day for this old gal! I started my morning off in a BAD, BAD way! We have a pocket door which divides our bathroom into 2 separate parts. I like to close it when I take a shower to keep it warmer. Well, I didn't open it all the way and promptly rammed my foot into it, jamming my little toe. It hurt like crazy! It's now several shades of black, blue, and purple as well as very swollen! I spent the day with one shoe and one slipper on, along with an ice pack part of the time. We went to see our kids since Beth is working on Easter and Jason and Amanda are spending the day with her Grandma and family. Believe it or not, I felt better when I was standing and walking rather than sitting with it elevated. Amanda and I hit the mall while DH and Jason built some shelves in their basement. I just made sure that no one came near my sore foot.

Gail -- Your Easter dinner sounds like MY kind of dinner! Talk about bills going up, we just got our new water bill and for 2 people it was $33.95! "Thank you" to the packing plant in this town! Amanda and I did do some baby shopping but we just looked. She is looking at the stroller -- carrier combinations and wants one with a taller handle since she and Jason are both tall. They live on a pretty steep hill and Bob said to be sure and get one with good brakes on it! I did buy some rattle socks that have cat faces on the toes!

Gloria -- I'll bet your grandchildren think your pancakes are so much better than what they get at home! I'm not sure if we will travel on Easter or not. Perhaps we will go to my dad's but that is 6 hours of driving for a couple hours of visiting. We'll see. Enjoy the holiday with your family!

Cindy -- CONGRATULATIONS again! You and Kenny will make GREAT parents! We don't have an official due date for our grandchild yet, but I think it will be close to yours. They say it is definitely a Maui baby!

It is my bedtime so I am going to head that direction. Have a nice Saturday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-29-2002, 11:50 PM   #4  
Thin Within

Talking Hipatee hopitee Easter's on it's way...

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

We have been gone all day since it is Cowboy's day off and did some grocerie shopping and earrands that were needed to run. I stayed on program and that is what I want to do each day.

CONGRATULATIONS little Mother to be. CINDY that is so neat ~ I get to ge an auntie. Yes dear, have you thought of any names? I do know you told me that you want to know the gender ASAP so that will help decide on a name for sure.

GAIL that is so funny I also look at food as POINTS and am learning what each dish of food is worth. I have so few some days I have to look at this in terms of points or I would over spend.

GLORIA I hear all kids love that Kraft Mac & Cheese. I must still be a kid because I love it too. I don't have it anymore but do make a WW recipe that is delicious ~ but just not quite as same as that old blue box. But never the less the recipe I have is satisfying.

JEAN The price of lettuce here is $2.49 a head and gasoline is $1.55 to $1.60 a gallon depending on where you shop. I haven't bought a head of lettuce since the freeze that knocked that crop for a loop but have gotten those already cut up ready for the bowl salad bags. Those bags that are practically a whole head anyway and are only $1.69 so it is a much better buy. The next crop of lettuce should show a decrease in price.

Have a lovely weekend Ladies.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:17 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Arrow Saturday morning.......

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Wake up - get up - get outa bed..... you sleepyheads. I feel a song coming on.

This is a beautiful sunshiney day with a bit of a breeze and the campground is practically full. It is so neat to hear those kids having fun in the streams.

It is going to be a nice 18 point day on program for this Thin Within gal this Saturday. GAIL you have your Sunday dinner all planned out which is great. I will have to do my planning around the "mystery dishes." for I will be at a pot-luck. We have a beautiful spiral cut ham in the fridge which is only 4 POINTS for 3 ounces.

Have a great day ya'all.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:21 PM   #6  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It's a gloomy day here. The weatherman said it was supposed to be a sunny weekend. . .I wonder where he was. I have laundry going and need to make a grocery run. I don't know where the time goes but after being gone all day yesterday I feel like I am really behind. I have the prettiest toe in the flower patch today!

Maggie -- Jason ran a couple of names by us yesterday. Oliver is somewhere back in the ancesters and so is Samuel. If they chose Samuel for the first name, the initials would be S. O. B. -- not a good idea! I just said to remember that a name usually travels all throughout life so please don't pick anything cutesy. I also buy the bagged lettuce for convenience and I don't even check the price any more. There is no competition in this town for groceries or gas, unfortunately.

I need to keep moving so have a nice day today!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 03-31-2002, 12:16 PM   #7  
I will do it this time

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

I will try to catch up with everyone next week. We are on vacation.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 03-31-2002, 08:40 PM   #8  

Happy Easter Evening, Flowers!
It's been a sunny, cool day here. Since we went to church last night the day was my own, so to speak. I slept in 2 hours longer than I normally do and that in itself is a rarity. I fixed a meatloaf for dinner, finished up some laundry, read the papers, and watched the Hour of Power on TV. After dinner we decided to take a drive up to the lakes area -- about an hour plus away. I had read about a new restaurant that opened and we thought we'd find it so that we'd know right where to go this summer. We never did find it. It's sure quiet without any summer tourists taking up space!

Sharon -- Enjoy your vacation! I know that I am dreading Tuesday already . . . DH said to use some of my sick days because of my toe. I'd feel guilty; I'll just have to make sure that I'm not in the halls when 600+ other students are trying to pass through. No one has ever stepped on my foot but with my luck, it would be now.

Have a nice evening Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:06 PM   #9  
Web Nana

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It was a good Easter Sunday here in the East. The weather was just right for a late March Easter and the rain held off. Had the usual, my family would not allow otherwise, Leg of Lamb, Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes, and veggies. This year I added asparagus to the broccoli and carrots and they went over very well. MAGGIE, I used your Parmesan Pull-Aparts and they were a big hit.
The kids had a ball out in the yard and then later were playing upstairs and neither DH nor I dared to go up to see what was going on. It turned out they were bouncing on our bed as the pillows were all askew when we did go up. They had a good time and so did I.
Today DD#2 came by to get some leftover lamb, her favorite and they had Ham at her BIL's yesterday. She told us a very funny story about almost 8, Kerri. She has been asking her mother where babies come out and DD has been putting her off with 'It's time for school, I'll tell you later or It's time for bed, lets pick a better time.' Well, DD had a book that she had gotten before the 10 yr old was born and it showed all phases of a child's development before birth. She had just taken it from a drawer and put it under a bunch of clothes on her dresser. Need I say more!!! Kerri found it and immediately said to her Mother, "Now, I know where babies come out!" I told DD that the next question to be prepared for was the one about how they got in there in the first place. Kerri is not one to be put off if she wants information. Now that she can read nothing is going to be sacred.

Jean Watch out for that toe. Whenever something is sore that is just what gets hit most often. Maybe DH can make some sort of cage to place around the toe.

Sharon Have a great vacation and you can tell us all about it when you return.

Cindy Congratulations! Enjoy this special time and each other as much will be happening in November to keep you busy. By the way Cindy and Jean----November is a great month to have a baby. We had our first in November.

Gloria in MA .....still cleaning up from Easter. Got to go as the dryer just buzzed me.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:48 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Arrow April One

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

And a lovely moring it is. The first day of a new month is always reason for celebration. We have lived to see the first day of April. Yesterday went well and I was able to stay OP. I even had a half piece of pumpkin pie. Bless the heart of whoever took that pie to the pot luck. There was a whole counter just full of desserts. I didn't count them because I didn't want to linger there too long.

SHARON have a great vacation. Are you going out of town or hanging around home doing things like relaxing? Enjoy what ever it is you do.

JEAN how is that toe? Not comfortable for sure. I had broken my little toe at least three times during my formative years. Not fun for sure ~ especially when someone bumps it.

GLORIA That is cute and clever how she found out about babies. Here is one for you ~ when my daughter was little she came out of Sunday school and made a bee line for my mother. She said, "Grandma, I just found out what "virgin" means and YOUR NOT ONE!" That was a good laugh for sure.

Have a great April Fools Day Ya'll and beware.........
Old 04-01-2002, 04:48 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a sunny day with just a slight breeze -- nice! I just got back from the doctor and I fractured my toe. He wants me to wear a regular shoe for support and taped the two toes together. The other alternative is one of those surgical shoes and I sure don't want to go back to school in one of those! I'll have to look for a shoe but I sure can't think of any that won't HURT! I was kind of hoping he would say to stay home for a couple more days but no such luck.

Gloria -- It sounds like you had a nice Easter with your family! I had to laugh at your story about Kerri. I remember those questions very well! We don't have any family birthdays in November so I am excited about that. I just hope that it doesn't roll over into December . . . I always feel bad for December birthdays.

Maggie -- Congratulations on staying OP yesterday! Way to go and I'll bet the iron monster will be good to you tonight. I am off to try on shoes.

Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 04-01-2002, 11:11 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Arrow Weigh In Report

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

JEAN I sure hope you found some shoes that will help. I never went to the doc with my little toe when I broke it...just taped it to the next toe and wore sandals. Sounds like they have changed the proper treatment through the years. Hope it gets better quickly.

Well folks the iron monster said I lost another pound. YIPEKIO I am one happy camper. That scale keeps going down and that is where I want it to be.

Have a good evening folks.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:11 AM   #13  

Just peeking in before I head off to bed . . . . had my nap in the recliner this evening so I am running later than usual.

Maggie -- CONGRATULATIONS on another pound that is GONE forever! You can be so proud of yourself! I have worn my sandals all evening and think they may be doable for tomorrow. I will take my slipper just in case though.

It was pretty quiet in the flower patch today. Where is every one? See you tomorrow!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:58 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Arrow Stoppin' By

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Hi JEAN looks like it is you and me. I do know that GAIL is suffering from a sprained foot and ankle and having to keep it elevated and iced down. How is your toe today? We have two injured flowers here that need to get well.

Nothing much out of the ordinary going on here this day. It is georgeous. We have been out burning the joints to one of the tables that collapsed due to carpenter ants that made a home there. The slab bench seats are salvagable but the top and joints had to be burned. I think we got the queen so that tribe is no more.

This is my 18 point day so I am being frugal with my eating.... had 5 points for breakfst and 5 points for lunch which leaves me 8 for dinner. For dinner I am having sliced tomatoes and half an avocado, cup of low fat cole slaw (which is delicious and I just got the recipe from a friend at WW last night), girlled halibut and no sugar jello. That is the plan.

Have a great evening folks.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:04 PM   #15  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Tuesday Evening

Hi everyone...I wanted to let y'all know that I'm alive and well...hmmm...well as Maggie mentioned I have sprained my foot and ankle. I'm limping around like Chester from the old Gunsmoke tv show--remember that one? Well...that's me!

Jean, Maggie told me through email that you had hurt yourself also...I'm so sorry...I hope you're feeling better tonight...this is what happened to me...

Easter Sunday, Wayne and I had plans to go church early to a sunrise service and all I could think about was getting his favorite baby lima beans, potatoes, and corn on the cob into the crockpot before we left so it would be ready in time for dinner at 1:00pm. So I knew because I was going to use the large crockpot (it cooks slower for some reason) I knew I had to get things started by 5:00am. So there I was at 4:30am stumbling to the other end of the house towards the garage to get the frozen vegetables out of the freezer we have in the garage. As I was going down the two steps I got nauseous/dizzy I landed on the right side of my right foot and...*pop!* which really made me feel sick to my stomach. So there I was 4:30 in the morning leaning onto my car in the garage wondering if I should yell for Wayne and wondering if he would even hear me. So...I sorta leaned on the car for awhile and then reached into the freezer, grabbed the veggies and made my way back to the kitchen. I even put everything together in the crockpot and limped back to the bedroom. I sorta nudged Wayne (who is in a dead sleep) and told him what I did and he told me to lay down and he would get me tylenol... When we woke up (missed the sunrise service btw) my foot was hurting but surprisingly besides limping it didn't really hurt that much (that came later). I told him to go ahead and go to church (which he did) and I waited for the kids to come over and help me prepare the rest of the dinner. My foot and ankle really weren't swollen (that came later). Inspite of my fall, I had a great Easter Sunday--Amanda was dressed up (yes, I took pictures) and actually so was Wayne! When the kids left about 5pm my foot was a little swollen then. I went to work on Monday morning and I stayed until 2:30 when I was told I could go home. Last night my foot and ankle were not only really swollen it was bruised...from my ankle to my toes and on the other side. Wayne wanted to take me to emergency room last night but quite frankly I did not want to spend the night there--we all know what ERs are like! <shudder> I stayed home today and called my doctor. I've gotten xrays taken and I've kept my foot/ankle elevated putting ice packs on it. The swelling is down a little but it puffs right back up when I start walking on it. I think I'm staying home tomorrow again to keep it elevated all day and to keep putting ice packs on it.

Anyway...other than that I'm feeling fine...

Congratulations Maggie for losing another pound! You are doing so great. You have been since the first of the year. I feel like such a slacker and I know I'm repeating myself all over again...with this rollercoaster ride I'm on--lose, gain, lose, gain... I'm really getting disgusted with myself and I know if I don't catch myself I'm not going to be able to fit into any of my clothes. Anyway...YOU...are doing wonderfully and I am so tickled pink for you!

Gloria, can you believe I have never eaten lamb? Never. Don't know why--just haven't.

Sharon, you and I have got to get our acts together and start being kinder to ourselves and start losing some of this weight. Summer will be here and neither one of us are going to be happy campers. Whaddaya say?

Well, I need to get back to the living room and put my foot up again...ice it...with a frozen bag of peas, corn, and carrots. See? I'm getting my veggies in!

Gail
Closed Thread