Old 08-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Default August 12th - 18th

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...blink_diet.gif

So girls, if you aren't on this thread that often, is there another one you can refer me to?!?!?

Or.......................we can try to get this one to pick up! Let me know your thoughts! Is there some diet "research" you'd like me to do and bring back to you?
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #2  

Jeanne-You are totally right. Sometimes life throws curve balls at you. In the big scheme of the world my issues are ridiculous. Here I am whining about having too many jobs and diamond earrings, when there are families all around me trying to make the mortgage or rent and put food on the table. Here you are trying to help your husband through the most difficult time in your lives. I do have some perspective, but I needed to vent. DH doesn't listen to me much. He tries, but sometimes I get annoying It is hard to focus on what is going in your mouth when bigger issues are looming. It's hard to get on the treadmilll when you feel like you've been hit by a truck and you still have a to do list a mile long before bedtime.

I'm going to try to be here more. Despite everything that always seems to be getting in my way I do need to find a way to focus on my health. Coming on here and venting is a healthier way for me to express my stress than eating. It's just that lately eating is easier. I don't know of any other really active threads, but I think Lori does a couple. As far as research, I'm not sure. Sometime I feel like I know more about weight loss than skinny people who try to give me advice. What is the scoop on this new pill? Not that I would try a pill, but it's FDA approved. Which means in 2-10 years they'll find out that the FDA pushed it through, the system can't evaluate long term effects and needs to be changed ect ect blah blah blah and it killed thousands. But I see ads for it and was wondering exactly what it was all about.

Well DH is up so I better run! Have a great day everyone!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies!

Yep, I frequent the Weight Loss Support, 20 Somethings, and 20's and 30's Weight Watcher threads. There's so many, I'm sure you will find a bunch to post in!

Misty - WOW is right You have so much going on right now! Have you ever thought of taking the full time job and having DH stay home? I know it isn't your dream job, but if the important thing is having someone at home with the kids, maybe that could work? DH and I know when we have kids that I will be working full time and he will be staying at home. I really wish I could be a SAHM, but I am the breadwinner. And really, I'll just be happy if one of us is the primary caregiver.

I had a HORRIBLE weekend Went to a friend's house. The visit was really good. She is less than two weeks away from her schedule C-section (her third, all boys) and she looks great! I hope I look that good when I am pregnant haha. But BOY was my eating bad! Sunday when I was home was not better. The reason? Well I wasn't really home, I came into work and worked overtime. And there's still sweets all over the office. I was alone and bored and didn't really want to be here, so I ate a lot of them. Of course, I don't think it helped that I am up 3 pounds from last week. I don't know why. I know some is water weight, but the rest I have no clue. I ate well last week. I guess it just happens sometimes. Haven't adjusted my ticker because I haven't had an official weigh-in yet (didn't make it to WW because I was visiting my friend on Saturday). Hopefully this week will be a better week. I haven't been in that great of a mood the past few days either, and that certainly isn't helping!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #4  
jeanne

Hey Misty..........Do you mean the Alli Weight Loss Pill?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #5  

That might be what it is. Does anyone know anyone who has tried it or read reviews on it?

Job update... The guy called me last night. He said that the other girl they wanted is pregnant and will not be coming on and if she does it will only be part time. So the only position they have to offer me is full time. I turned it down. I can't abandon my commitment to my preschool and my friends that I work with. I'm not that kind of person. If I wasn't happy there overall or if I knew they had backup, then perhaps, but even then I'd at least finish out the school year in all likelihood. I told him my off the cuff answer was to say no, but I'd call today to let him know for sure. I am blessed enough to have the option to turn down money over happiness. But perhaps in his all or nothing attitude he'll have to end up offering me part time b/c they have to provide services somehow. SO perhaps all I am doing is calling his bluff. If not I have a job I like a small paycheck and time with my kids.

I am very proud that I have not even done a ton of stress eating the last four days. I haven't been exactly on plan, but I didn't binge by any means.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #6  

Yep he had to rethink his position! He offered me part time in my school district and the possibility of full time next year. I called him this morning. Now b/c it's only 2 1/2 days instead of three the salary is lower and no benefits. But my foot is in the door. He's still working out the details and it might not work out.

But if it does I get to keep my preschool, being that it's 2 1/2 days I might not lose all my time with my kids b/c I may get an afternoon here or there that we could do things like make it our library day or going to the park day or something. My hours will be shorter b/c I'll be done at 3 instead of 5:30, which will allow me to pick them up early, or even come home and start dinner and exercise! They'll be in town with DH so he can easily pick them up, while I will be 30 minutes away.

I guess standing your ground does have benefits sometimes!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #7  
jeanne

Misty - so happy for you!!!! You stood your ground and pretty much got what you wanted! it is definately worth a try - and like you said - you still have your pre-school!
As things start calming down (wait...........do they ever....lol) hopefully you'll have some "Misty" time! You'll be able to focus on you! Yay again!

All - I have been watching my diet since Monday, August 6th. Basically cutting out high fatty things and adding some fibers and protien and fresh vegetables. And, I have lost 5.8# YEAAAAA! I'm so excited and wanted to share that with you!
My ticker now reflects all the correct numbers! haaha! I didn't re-do it when I lapsed for a month! But.....again, all is accurate now!

Everyone have a great day!!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #8  

Congrats Misty and Jeanne! Today is the first day in at least 3 days where I feel like I finally have some energy. Don't know why, but I was just down the past couple of days. That made my eating habits HORRIBLE! But today will be better, I will make it better
Old 08-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #9  
jeanne

Hi Misty! Hi everyone! I called my friend that had tried the Alli Diet! She said OMG!!!!! as soon as I asked her about it! She said that you have to start and maintain a fat free diet for two weeks prior to starting the Alli Pill. She said then you start it and continue maintaining the VERY low fat diet. She said the pills caused her EXPLOSIVE diarreaha and cramps! She said that any one thing that had any fat in it at all mixed with the pill causes the diarreaha. And she said that she couldn't even leave the house because it caused it over and over again at any given time!

Well, I just thought I would share that with you. I am going to look it up on a google search and see what it says!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #10  
jeanne

Heres the scoop!

ALLI DIET PILL
If you haven’t yet heard of the diet pill Alli, it’s likely that you soon will. The new over-the-counter weight loss aid, its manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline has already taken to the Internet to promote it. Alli actually uses the same active ingredient as another diet pill, Xenical, but it is a half dose. However, unlike Xenical, which is typically prescribed only to the dangerously obese, Alli would be available to anyone who wanted assistance losing weight.

The shelves of health food stores and pharmacies are already incredibly crowded with product that promise to help dieters lose weight fast. We will carefully examine this product in order to determine whether or not it truly lives up to its promises. Be advised of recent reports of some potential side effects including: incontinence, gas and oily spotting.

Ingredients at a Glance
As discussed, Alli contains the same substance as Xenical, which is orlistat.

Ingredients In Focus
The primary function of orlistat is to prevent the absorption of fats from the diet, thus reducing caloric intake. It works by inhibiting an enzyme in the pancreas that is responsible for breaking down triglycerides in the intestine. Without the enzyme, fats are prevented from becoming absorbable and may then be excreted undigested. It is estimated that the drug blocks approximately 25% of all fat in the diet.

While most of the oils are eliminated as waste in the normal way, as mentioned some unpleasant side effects may include gas, incontinence, and oily spotting. These effects are obviously quite uncomfortable and inconvenient at times, and have caused some individuals to think twice about taking this drug.

Diet Lifestyle
Although Alli is somewhat new, there is already quite a storm of controversy surrounding it. Many individuals believe that even though Alli is half as strong as Xenical, that it should still only be used under the guidance of a physician because of the possible side effects. Others believe that it will simply enforce the “quick fix” mentality that many individuals already have about weight loss.

Rather than enduring uncomfortable and possibly embarrassing side effects in order to eliminate some of the fat from one’s diet, many dieters may agree that it is far easier and safer to simply consumer less fat and fewer calories to begin with. An all-natural appetite suppressant like hoodia gordonii has been shown to help control cravings and reduce total calorie intake.

Positives
• Half as strong as Xenical

Negatives
• May cause unpleasant and uncomfortable side effects for some, making users think twice before taking
• At time of review, website does not post testimonials
• No free trial sample available
• we would like to see more convincing customer testimonials or before & after pictures.

Final Thoughts
It is easy to see why many people would be enthusiastic about a product that allows you to reduce your total calorie intake without actually eating less. Of course, the results would be much improved if you do make certain dietary changes. For this reason, many experts believe that Alli is still best used under the supervision of a doctor considering the possiblites of painful oily stools.

Fortunately, supplements containing hoodia gordonii offer an excellent alternative to both prescription and non prescription drugs. In addition to controlling the appetite, Hoodia based supplements can also help to boost energy levels, assuring you get more out of your visits to the gym or eating less in general.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #11  

Jeanne - I'd heard those comments about Alli before. It sounds the same as with other weight loss pills. Personally, I'd rather lose the weight the traditional way - proper diet and exercise!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #12  
jeanne

I agree Lori!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #13  

Amen Lori! Thanks for the information Jeanne!! Funny, since I asked if you had any info on it I have seen it on TV like 5 times! I think I'll pass on the explosive diarrhea!

Like I said before it may be FDA approved but just wait; all heck will break loose in a year or less I bet!!! I think we are all on the right track here with our healthier eating and active lives!

Great job on your loss Jeanne! Small steps=Big changes! You deserve some carrots for that!

Lori-Glad to hear you are perking up, maybe just being off a bit really threw your body for a loop? Then you feel yucky so you eat in a different way which makes you feel yucky.

Well all have a great night!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #14  

Hi, ladies. i'm sorry I don't have time to catch up with all the posts, but I wanted to let you know that Sawyer was born on July 15th. We love him so much, but he's been a handful. He hardly ever sleeps. We're taking him to his doctor tomorrow just in case there's something bothering him that's not allowing him to sleep. I haven't slept more than two straight hours for weeks. Bad news is that I'm up to 209 pounds. I weighed 158 last year at this time. My WW goal to get back to lifetime status is 164. That seems so daunting. My first goal is to get below 200, and then to get my wedding ring to fit again!

Take care. I probably won't be able to post much unless Sawyer starts doing better, or I return to work (I have a lot more free time there, lol). Miss ya!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:20 AM   #15  

Congratulations Steph! We've been waiting to hear from you! Are you nursing or formula? Could it be something with that? I'm trying to think of when my kids were that age. I know the first few weeks they ate every two hours, at times it was every 45 minutes (that was both my kids for the first week, then we worked up to 2 hours). When you are nursing it is digested far faster than when they have formula, and the time it takes can very by the milk content. You can sort of bulk up your milk by taking in more water that in turn will be passed into the milk. At least that is what my ob told me. At the time I was drinking 100 ounces of water a day so I didn't really hold to his advice.

At about 6 weeks or so they started to have some longer stretches maybe three hours or so. But they didn't cry any more than a I'm hungry thing. My neighbor's son had colic and he screamed instead of sleeping. That was tough. This won't last long, just hang in there and soon you'll get baby amnesia and forgot how tired you were Let us know how you make out at the Dr! BTW I love his name!

My scale read 251 this morning. I cried. 251! I could just throw up. I need to focus. I need to follow the plan. The plan works.