Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 PM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default CHAT! CHAT! CHAT! Low Carb Week of: 8/13-8/19

2nd day of hangover and things are looking slightly less blurry - How is everyone else doing?

Stayed OP 'cepting for the 1.23 cases of Bud Light I drank down at my Country Bro's Bar - had a Great Time visiting him and my Oldest Sis who retired there recently and lots of old friends.

Miss the country.

LOVE your view Bouncing - can totally see why you would freak a little alone at nite writing a ghost story tho'!

I'm joining your determination chickadee - gonna weigh in to see how much Bud-Bloat Damage I did and hit this week with a vengeance!

I know I've bought the Atkins-Shake cans b4 sunchick, can't remember a durn thing about them - so that says a lot! I now have protein powder that I just blend shakes in (with ice & lc yogurt if I could ever find any now!) I remember LOVING EAS shakes - they were in a carton container - not can and good when REALLY cold.

Azure - you sound like you are doing so good! I've had a lot of stress that I haven't ate my way thru too - since connecting with you - I just haven't done it. (Altho' drinking my way thru DID come up Saturday!)

I'm so excited that you're back on Atkins lilyb! Don't want to be selfish - so hoping its the right thing for you at this time and works well with your long term plan. I just have always loved reading your Posts - about LC'ing and also life.

Is everyone ready to JUST DO IT this week??????
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Aud--I love reading your posts. You're always full of enthusiasm and you get me really pumped to face the week! So, thanks for being here.

I had a couple drinks myself last night, Aud. I had rum/diet coke/lime. No carbs, but we all know that booze doesn't help anyone lose weight. I got a little more than buzzed (seems that I'm a lightweight now that I've dropped 30lbs and just don't drink often) off of my two drinks, too. Scale said 151 this morning--gotta love that post-booze dehydration Once I drink some water, I'm sure I'll be back up--my next official weigh-in is Friday! I'm hoping to be creeping steadily toward the 140s

I'm ready to JUST DO IT this week, Aud! Thanks for askin'
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

OOPS I POSTED THIS IN LAST WKS CHAT..... but its now in its rightful place.

well - ill tell you bad wkend - first i was eating LC then i just ate too many carbs - i thinkk becasue i finally got a scale and weighed myslef and becasue of those stupid bars i am sure of it and eating to many nuts i gained 3 pounds back - although maybe some of it is period related bloat but i am still soooo mad at myself. if i would have had a scale i would have noticed the upsliding after a day - now a whole wke has gone by - oh and of course after this frustration what do it do? i eat peanut m&ms and indian food for dinner - cuz of course that wont just make it worse.

so i am really unhappy and frustrated at myslef. but today i am back on induction and am going to the gym tonight - i wonder how long it will take for me to get back into ketosis??

So now to huit my goal this month i have to lose 14 pounds instead of 11 which i had hoped would be only 8 by now. Crap! Well maybe i can still lose 11 - i just wont be in the 170's then
I am so mad at myself - its so ridicuolous - there is no reason for me to cheat but i did becasue i was mad i gained? that makes no sense.

So i vow as of this moment i am back on induction levels until i get down to at least 160. ANd i am going to workout 4-5 times per wk PERIOD - its non negotitable!

oh and PS i am changing my weigh in days to thursdays.... hopefully ill be back on track by then.
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

Saw some eggplant I'd gotten at the Farmers Market Saturday starting to wilt. Had no idea how to fix it - so sliced (hope we're supposed to eat the seeds & all?) - cooked in butter - sprinkled with mozzarella & parmesan. Smells and looks yummola!!! Gonna eat it after I w/i when I get to work.

Have a great evening Chatters!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #5  

anyone know why nuts arent allowed on induction?

technically becasue i had a slip up this past wkend i am wondering if i need to go back on strict induction like i am completely restarting or i can just eat 20 grams of carbs including nuts becasue i like to eat them for a snack....
please advise - thanks!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I didn't do great at Atkins today. I had a slice of LC wheat bread with a TBSP of cream cheese for brekky. Lunch was a salad with meat, cheese , lettuce, tomato and LF ranch dressing. Dinner was spaghetti (I ate a very tiny portion), green beans, salad and okra.

I cooked the spaghetti for everyone else and didn't intend to eat it. Then I got pi@@ed at DH this evening for already wasting all his spending money for the week (and asking for more). Next thing you know, I had spaghetti on my plate too. Dang it, I shoulda just slapped him instead of eating the pasta.

The good news was, that my anger was great to cause me to exercise. I spent 2.5 hrs. outside weeding my garden and making my rows to plant corn in the AM. Plus walked 1 mile on treadmill. I was soaking wet with sweat, it's 104 degrees here today. I'm drinking lots of water, getting exercise and hoping to sweat off a lb. or two this week.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 AM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

Can't remember why nuts are an Induction no-no . . . sure hard to eat them and stay under 20, I think?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr . . . Finances . . . the more I work the broker we get? Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . Hang in there lily! Glad you're drinking a lot of h2o - its sweltering here too!

Well, my staying Eating OP thru-out the Bud Light Festival of Beer Guzzling worked out ok - down 2 more pounds!!!

Gosh I love Atkins!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #8  

yeah - thats great aud!
i workoutout yesterday and ate:
2 cream cheese muffins
herbal tea iced with splenda
chicken salad
radishes
broccoli salad and chicken for dinner
1 oz almonds
sf jello

came in at 24 grams carbs - 9 grams df = 15 grams carbs

so why havent i lost anything? ok i know its a bit ridiculous to think that so soon after my flub....ideally i would like to get down to 190 by thursday - right back where i was - hopefully its possible with exercise and a similar menu to the one above.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

aud, I definitely feel broke after getting the girls back in school. I really was pi@@ed at DH. He had spent $230.00 in 4 friggin days and now he's broke til Thursday. I don't know how he wastes so much money. He didn't have to buy gas or his beloved cigarettes. I know that he had borrowed my vehicle and it looked like a grave yard for fast food crap. (I cleaned it back out). I bet I threw out 20 pepsi cans and tons of candy bar wrappers. All this junk and I had packed his meals and sent them with him. He ate those too. What really made me mad was I ended up having to put more gas in his jeep. I couldn't say, "no, I won't give you money to get your sorry arse to work since you wasted your money". Can I just smack him?

To top it all off, he acts like nothing is wrong and comes snuggling up to me last night. I told him I had a stomach ache and got up and came wrote on my book. When I am mad at him, I can't stand for him to touch me.

He gets paid on Thursday and by then I may have cooled off a little and we're gonna have a little chat about his spending. After all, we're looking for a new car to buy and we won't be able to afford it if he keeps wasting money like he is. Everytime we've had this little chat, he feels sorry for himself. Gives me almost every dime for a couple weeks and then the cycle starts again. Sorry for the rant.

ok, to happier news. I woke up feeling really thin this morning. Still too afraid to get back on the scale , but my tummy is much flatter. I think lowering my carbs some is helping , of course with all my exercise and water combined.

Oh, today is our hottest day so far. 107 degrees.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #10  
Low Carb Lolita

Struggled with my binge monster last night again--I lost out, as usual. I had a carrot/raisin muffin and 4 oreos. I guess it could have been worse. I was still at 153 this morning--so I'm up from my 151 post-boozing (alcohol dehydrates you, so you'll likely be lighter the day after--I always am), but back to where I was beforehand. At least the additional carbs didn't do TOO much damage.

I've joined in over at the "Chicks in Control" section...I'm hoping that will help me. I'd really like to learn how to stick to induction for more than 5 days at a time!

I'm really hoping to be down to 149 by Friday...I'm hoping. But that's 4 pounds in five days, and I don't think it's all that realistic--unless I've still got some glycogen/water weight on me from my carbs last night. That weight comes off quickly once I'm back on strict induction.

ANYway--hope you ladies are having a great day
Old 08-14-2007, 02:29 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

Do ya like salads at all chickadee? You can really load them up with lc goodies and feel absolutely STUFFED. Keeps the mail a'moving too!

lily, we are continuing our parallel -Right on down to the fast food wrappers IN MY CAR - altho' it's the Coke cans vs Pepsi! When I came back from the Country Visit - the fridge was stocked with a KFC Feast! SO $$$$ - and there was plenty of FOOD. Grrrrrrrrr . . . school shopping is this weekend so my Finanacial Fight/Broken Record will be then . . . Can't wait.

This may not work for everyone azure - but may work for you too. I remember when I first read the Atkins book something the Doc said that always stuck with me - When you are hungry EAT - eat until you are full - if you still feel like you're going to EAT more - at least eat something that is OP! Even if that means RE-EATING an entire plate of the supper you just ate. Somewhere in there he said that he had a guy that would just finish off the Roast in the middle of the night - ridiculous - BUT - still OP.

Sooooooo, with my latest modest success over my stress emotional hormonal binge overeating - I've just made a promise to myself if I feel like that - I'm going to eat everything in sight as long as it's OP, ya know?

I've only actually somewhat over-ate twice now - once I finished off the pot of yummy cauli-cheez mash and also when I made the LC Egg Bread and made sandwiches with everything within reach!!! LOL!

BOTH times I've still Posted a loss.

So throw out those oreos and find something that you LOVE that is OP and keep handy - when the Binge Bug Bites - tackle it with some OP foods!

*This Message was brought to you by "aud on Atkins!" and is not a paid advertisement*
Old 08-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

Aud-- For me, it's rarely ever about being hungry. I'm rarely hungry when I binge on junk food. But you're right, I've defeated the urge before by just grabbing something on plan to eat. Unfortunately, the cookies and all kinds of other not on plan foods belong to family members (I'm home for three more weeks, then it's back to college, where the only food in the apartment will be ON PLAN food that I buy myself!)....so I can't really toss them. I'll just try to ignore them from now on.

Thanks for the advice, Aud. I'll make sure I've always got something OP with me, even if it's just a slim jim or something--just so I have NO excuses, no matter where I am.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:03 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Aud-- For me, it's rarely ever about being hungry. . .
For me, it's NEVER about being hungry! It's about having some food and a LOT of it!

Isn't it hard to be truly hungry on Atkins?

Seriously.

But like I said, when I get that irrational urge to just have a LOT of something/anything . . . I've been going with the 1/2 pot of cauli/cheez - that at least feels sinful to me. Don't think a slim jim would cut it for me lol! Can ya cook at all? I'm thinking of making up a bunch of the Egg Bread and keeping them on hand. Late nite BLT's come to mind. (Never was big on desserts - AFSweeteners - (altho' everyone is recommending cooking with LIQUID sweetener to avoid bad taste/stalls/gas. I always liked stevia too, chickadee. *adding to shopping list* Experiment around til ya find what you like.

What did you like on your amazing successful journey lily?

Can tell that all this will be rough to do with where you're at right now tho' az - Hang In There!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #14  

hey all - i was thikning of making some lc peanut butter cookies - peanut butter, splends, and egg are the only ingredients becasue there are definately days where i feel like i need something reministant of a cookie or muffin - i have been trying to find a good lc pumpkin muffin recipe too -but i am torn becasue if its there i may eat all the cookies in one serving...what a pain! i guess its really more about gaining control over yourself so once you reach goal you dont go back to the way things were but still allow yourself a treat once and a while.

i am out of the cream cheese muffins which were starting to grow on me but again portion control issues...so its back to eggs.
and i think i am going to try and do more salads for lunch as well.

its a uphill battle!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #15  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. Aud: Awwwwwww! (blush)

Been high on carbs for 3 days now. Well, today not too bad: 29 of 'em. And I said I was going to stay between 25 and 30. Sat. was 49 tho and yesterday was 45 (I had an atkins bar each day, and I'm counnting total carbs minus fiber, ignoring what they say is net carbs because I can find no absolutely no rationalization for that number other than marketing.

What got me Saturday was I really, really wanted a non-alcohol beer. So I had one. It was 12g. And I had a tuna sandwich on a pita, thinking it was 15g, and it was really 30. Half a pita is considered a serving, and I didn't see that (maybe because I didn't want to know?). Yesterday aomebody set 3 chocolate Paul Newman Alphabet Cookies in front of me and I ate them. Now, the little critters are thin, and 1" x 1" so I guessed 15g (no package to read). What got me today was a craving for green crunchies so I made a huge salad for lunch: much baby spinach, a whole tomato (that was expensive, carb-wise), some feta crumbled into it, and about 4 slices of crumbled bacon that I cooked last night especially so I could have it in that salad. Sure was good, tho. I had breakfast really early and was starving when I got home from the gym so I had an Atkins bar. I bought 3 boxes from Netrition before I read that they stall people. I've been sort of spreading them out. They hadn't hurt me so far, but 3 days in a row? We'll see what happens on Saturday. For dinner I bbq'd a slab of dead cow with Montreal Steak seasoning on it. So no carbs there. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. I don't seem to be doing well on this OWL stuff. Maybe I should just go back to induction? No, I HAVE to learn to do this. Have to. Have to.

Lily, I sympathise. Don't strangle him, though. You're not supposed to do that. BIg men with guns come and take you away if you do that. And we'd miss you. Wait, could you feed him to Lucy? That might solve two problems: appeases yours anger, and make Lucy too fat to escape or destroy things. All she'll want to do is sleep. Works for me!

Azure, good job on stopping before the binge even really got started. I'm proud of you. That's a skill that will be absolutely essential as you go forward. For all of us, maybe. After all, it doesn't seem like anybody is able to go forever without one little bitty mound of something not-recommended every now and again. Originally I said "forbidden," but that's old thinking so I corrected it.

Chickadee, peanut butter cookies are so not my weakness. Oatmeal raisin, though... congrats for knowing enough about yourself to suspect that Now Is Not The Time to Make Cookies! I must make those cream cheese muffins. Got to remember to pick up some cream cheese.

It is my intention to make it to the gym every day this week (Mon-Sat). I hereby tell y'all so I'll feel too guilty to screw it up!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote