Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Accountability/Planning/Menus: Aug 13-16

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Happy Monday! Hope everyone is geared up for a great on-plan week.

Today marks my fourth straight weigh-in victory. I measured myself this weekend and I have the same exact measurements as I had on 05/30. I'm okay with the numbers because I know I had gotten bigger in June, but I would like to start taking off some serious inches! Along with the pounds, my scales also gives me a "friendly" reminder of my fat percentage......a steady 51%. Last week, I purchased some resistance bands. Yesterday, I found a inexpensive resistance band workouot dvd at Target. I know from past experience that working out makes the inches come off faster. I've also said many many times here that I need to start exercising. Now is the time for me to get serious. Today, I will begin my 60 minutes of cardio each day and I will begin my resistance band workout this week.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good morning!

Just finished breakfast - Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch. I don't like it as much as the Kashi or FiberOne so I probably won't buy it again but I do need to finish the box.

I'm headed to the Y in about 30 minutes. I'm going to try out a water aerobics class. I'm EXTREMELY nervous about it. Then I'll do my weight training.

I have no idea what the remaining meals in my day will be but I know they'll be on plan. It's just the way I live, now.

Have a great day. Hope everyone is feeling as psyched as I am!

Rhonda - serious congrats for your success this week. I know seeing that big loss must have made you feel GREAT! You're blazing through the 230's girl!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I did not have a good day yesterday....ate way, way too much and didn't work out. I am officially re-committed today! I have already started drinking water, have dinner all planned (grilled chicken and roasted veggies) and am going to the gym right after work.

Rhonda--You are doing awesome! Thanks for starting us off this week!

Tricia--How was the water aerobics class? I have done that before and I love it! Once I can fit into my bathing suit again I will try the one at my gym.

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, I had a horrible Sunday, ate 3 cookies and 2 servings of sun chips, I didn't eat lunch, and didn't post here that often,so I need to eat lunch and post more.
This morning I all ready did 35 minutes on the elliptical and 14 minutes of general exercises. I will be doing my weight lifting tonight.
For breakfast I had Kash go lean crunch cereal, skim milk and about 5 ounces of grapefruit juice.
Lunch will be veggie burgers,no bread , some tomatoes and hummus.
For dinner I am making a Italian salad that is made of Fresh tomatoes, lots of basil, Mozzerella cheese, and is marinated in Olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and you eat this with Italian bread. I will be straining out the Tomatoes and Basil and will leave out the cheese, and will top it with Tunafish,instead of Italian bread.
Snacks: I have banana, frozen fruit, yogurt, and rice cakes.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I've not posted on one of these - but it looks great! I've been slacking on the meal planning, still loosing fine, but I know I can do better!

Breakfast - 3/4 cup of steel cut oats w/ a sliced nectarine cooked with it (with cinnamon, agave nectar and a splash of vanilla) 2 cups black coffee

Lunch - 1/2 cup brown rice with one large zuchini cooked with tomatos, onion & garlic and 1 teaspoon of parmesion cheese.

snack - 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, and 1/3 cup fiber one

Dinner - BIG salad with salmon tonight!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all!

Well, I had an okay day yesterday - great on eating, but slacked on the exercise.

Today I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm having one of those blah days. The one where something doesn't seem right about all of this, but I know it'll be just fine. It's one of those days when the road ahead just looks very, very, long, but you've come too far to sabotage yourself. I'm having the middle-diet blues I guess!

So, onward, right? There's no stopping with this. No letting our guard down. That's how I got here in the first place...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #7  

I know exactly where you're coming from, CC. I was there a couple of weeks ago and you know what I did? Upped my calories to maintenance level for the weight I was at. So that I wouldn't gain. It worked! I got to add some things to my diet that week that I've been avoiding mainly because I'm calorie stingy. I also didn't gain any...in fact, lost .5 lb. I don't know if that's something that would help you but it was wonderful for me!

Cindy - Glad to see you posting here, now. It's fun but I'm not as good at keeping up with it as I should be.

The water aerobics was fun! I didn't get out of breath, though, so I think on Wednesday, after the class is over, I'll swim some laps just to get my heart pumping. Still felt really good, though. I just LOVE the water! I'm so ready to get a pool in my backyard!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #8  
mj5

Mrs. Quadcrew--your lunch sounds great! Can I get a recipe for the zucchini, tomato, etc.? I'm sure I could just 'wing' it, but any pointers would be appreciated.

I had a GREAT day! Ate totally on plan, worked out, did some cleaning (rather than snacking!).

Have a great evening!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you're having a great on-plan day.

I've been staying on-plan, but not tracking my calories. Today, I need to start tracking again as I think I might be eating too much. I've been feeling especially full lately....especially in the evening. Today, I go to my new gyn. I'm a bit nervous as I'm hoping she is a good one and really understands women issues with hormones, etc. I'm just amazed at how uninformed some of these doctors are about menopause and hormones. Hopefully, she will keep me on my same dosage as my former doctor. Any time I have to adjust the darn things, my weight loss stalls or I start retaining massive amounts of water. I know I shouldnt base my progress on the scales only, but I sure do like to see those things move down each week!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

I have been off plan( food ) for the past 2 days. I had a fever yesterday and sinus problems, so I guess I comforted myself with food. I will not do this today. I threw out the sun chips that have been giving my comfort, for extra measure.
I am going to exercise today, soon as a matter of fact.
bkst will be : Kashi go lean cereal, grapefruit juice, skim milk, maybe a banana
Lunch will be veggie burrito
Dinner will be either tortillas with a salad and refried beans( fat free).
Snacks : I have yogurt, and fruit, and Kashi granola bars.
I am not getting off track today!! I will not give up.
cheryl
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

mj - there really isn't a recipe. I cut up a bunch of zuchini, some tomatos and onions and throw them in a big skillet sprayed with PAM. I add some chopped garlic and cover it and just keep stirring it until it is cooked how I like it. I then heat up some brown rice, and throw the vegies on top! Yummy and filling, I LOVE the summertime when I can get all these great fresh vegies!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning! I have already started drinking water and it isn't even 9am yet! Unfortunately I forgot my kashi, so it's just yogurt for me for breakfast....I can't eat first thing in the am, so I bring my breakfast to work and eat while I am checking e-mail, etc. I have already written myself a note to pack some kashi for tomorrow!

Rhonda--Good luck at the dr. today! Hopefully she will be understanding and listen to you! That is SO important.

Cheryl--Good for you for getting back on track!

Mrs. Quadcrew--Thanks for the info! I just wasn't sure if you were using canned or fresh tomatoes. That sounds SO yummy! I love zucchini and tomatoes--especially together. I love all the super fresh veggies this time of year too! I am headed to the farmer's market later this am...can't wait to see what they have!

My legs are a bit sore from my workout last night, but that 'good kind of sore' if you know what I mean. Tonight is arms/shoulders for weights and cardio.

MJ
Old 08-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #13  

Good morning!

Today is going to be one of those days. I can already tell it. I've been up since 4:45 so I could run and it's only 8:10, now, but I've already had breakfast AND my morning snack. I'm HUNGRY today! It's going to be a really long one!

I've got lunch and dinner planned out but I'm not sure I can hold out! hahaha I think it's because I'm ovulating...maybe it's the running...but I'm just hungry! (have I mentioned that I'm hungry??)

I think I may try and go shopping or something to divert me but I really have some stuff around here at the house I was hoping to get accomplished. I guess we'll see how it all plays out. I guess if it gets TOO out of hand I'll switch to a maintenance level of calories and see if that helps. I know that I won't lose as much if I keep doing that but I have to keep in my mind that this is for the long haul and if I'm going to succeed I've got to find ways to avoid the dreaded "binge"!

Positive note: I've already run 2.2 miles this morning so my exercise isn't suffering. That is success!

Cindy - I love zucchini, too! Love it!

Cheryl - glad you're back into the swing of things.

MJ - I love that tired sore feeling after a really good workout. It makes me proud.

Rhonda - let us know how the Dr appt goes. I HATE that!!! However, I'm looking forward to my next one because it will mark the 1-yr anniversary of my weight loss. Can't wait to show myself off!

Later!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #14  
Masterpiece in progress

Good Morning all,
Yesterday I was back on Plan yesterday , I even did 30 minutes of walking , in addition to my 60 minutes of exercise. I ate good, and felt good. I am trying to get over my dissapointment of not loosing weight, but I know it is my own fault, for going off plan for 2 days. Next week will be better.
I am getting ready to exercise right now, and will do it !
Breakfast: Kashi go lean cereal, skim milk, grapefruit juice
Lunch: Tuna with tomatoes.
Dinner: Broccolli, and 2 veggie burgers( no bread), and some hummus
Snacks: Jocota( central american plums), yogurt.
Next week will be better, I want to be able to change my avater to 45 lbs lost!!!
Have a good day all. Cheryl
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #15  
mj5

Yesterday ended up being a TOTALLY on plan day! Ate well, drank lots of water, worke dout at the gym....yea! I feel great today! Ok, I am sore all over, but still feel great!

Today, so far so good. I have had lots of water already, breakfast was yogurt w/ some kashi mixed in, lunch--that I remembered to pack last night!, and dinner is a little bit of pasta with a LOT of fresh veggies. As soon as I get out of work I am going to the gym--legs/back weights and cardio.

Hope everyone is having a great day!