Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #1  
Proud mom of two

S/C/G: 137.8/132.8/105

Height: 5'0"

Default 7-day detox from "UltraMetabolism" doctor

Has anyone else seen this? It was in the July 9th issue of First magazine. The cover touted, "Lose 20 lbs. in 7 days"

The gist of it is to repair gastrointestinal issues that prevent you from losing weight on any diet, so it is recommended as a prelude to whatever program you are going to try.

The food is simple and healthy and supplemented with two 'ultra-slimming shakes' and 'ultra-slimming broth' that you make up from boiling a BUNCH of vegetables. In addition to the shakes/broth, you eat unlimited vegetables and brown rice with lunch and dinner. You get 4 oz. of meat/fish at dinner and a cup each of papaya and pineapple each day.

I started it yesterday and actually got so full I couldn't eat dinner; I think it was from the flax oil and seeds in the shakes. The ingredients weren't that expensive, and the only supplements suggested were chlorophyll (to repel body odor/bad breath from detoxing) and senna (in case of constipation).

I love that it is only a week and that it is so healthy, plus all the digestive enzymes from the fruit have to help get rid of the gut bloat I am toting around

I plan to start the Extreme Fat Smash after I get through with this, but it seems like a great idea to 'get ready' for a diet/lifestyle change. The ladies in his study lost from 5-20 lbs. in the 7 days. I can see if you had a lot to lose and had been eating really unhealthy before this that you could lose the 20 lbs. like the one gal did, just from unhealthy water retention and toxic colon buildup.

Yesterday I didn't take the senna, but I probably will the last 6 days just to 'clear out' as much as I can

I am following it to the letter with ONE exception- coffee I have decided I can't give it up, so I have to have one cup with cream and sweet-n-low in the morning. Other than that though, I am going to stick like glue. He does allow green tea, but I forgot to buy that, which would have been a good substitute for the coffee.

If anyone else is doing this, I'd love to hear from you!
prism68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #2  
Soon to be healthy SAHM!

S/C/G: 185/168/123

I saw it too and I went to the store today and got most everything I needed to start it. I am so excited because of all the other benefits the women talked about besides the weight loss. I am praying that it really helps with the pms and things like that. I was worried about the caffeine thing too. I'm going to try to go without but I stay at home with my 2 year old and 3 month old sons so I figure if I need it I will have one cup of coffee also. I was wondering did you order the rice protein powder of the internet or did you find it in the grocery store? I forgot to look for it when I went to the store. Well I'd love to see an update on your progress.
eandg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #3  
Proud mom of two

Hey there eandg81

I am so glad someone else is doing it; when are you going to start? I am going to have to 're-start' since I went out of town and blew the whole thing. I've already got everything anyway so I am turning over my new leaf today, lol.

It really does fill you up, I was never able to eat all the food listed for the day. The days I was 'on track', I lost about a lb. a day.

The rice protein powder was a pain to find. GNC didn't have it, my grocery store didn't have it, and at the time Vitacost.com was sold out (they carry that Jarrow's brand recommended in the article). I ended up finding some in a nearby, larger town. It really tastes pretty darn good, I love the shakes. I've been making mine with frozen blueberries.

Let me know when you start, I'm anxious too, to see some of those other results (especially PMS!!!)

Good luck!

p.s. I just noticed you're only 5'0", too; so am I

Last edited by prism68; 07-09-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #4  
Soon to be healthy SAHM!

S/C/G: 185/168/123

Well my plan was to start today but I am sooo sick and I just don't want to eat anything at all so I am going to start tomorrow. I already have the broth made which was a pain but I need to find the rice protein powder. Did you buy the jarrow kind or did you find some other kind? I'm looking forward to starting because I have been doing South Beach and lost quite a bit of weight but I've still felt tired all the time so I really hope this helps like it says in the article.

Erin
eandg81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #5  
Proud mom of two

I got Rainbow Light brand, it was more expensive than Jarrow's, but you only use one scoop v. two of the other brand, so I guess it even's out?

I tried South Beach and I was so grumpy, my coworkers were bringing me carbs, lol. This plan is much more balanced and I feel really good with the shakes. Since you've already got the broth, that might be good for sipping on today while you aren't feeling good.

Sorry to hear you are sick Hopefully it won't last long so you can start feeling good on the detox thing
Old 07-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #6  

Hey! I am a new member, and I had this issue of the magazine with the 7 day detox diet. I let a friend borrow it before I actually got a chance to start it, and she has yet to return it. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to send me the info on it, or to possible photocopy it and email it to me?
daydreamer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/164.5/128

Height: 5 ft

Default a copy of the Jul 9 th article

Quote:
Originally Posted by prism68 View Post
Has anyone else seen this? It was in the July 9th issue of First magazine. The cover touted, "Lose 20 lbs. in 7 days"

The gist of it is to repair gastrointestinal issues that prevent you from losing weight on any diet, so it is recommended as a prelude to whatever program you are going to try.

The food is simple and healthy and supplemented with two 'ultra-slimming shakes' and 'ultra-slimming broth' that you make up from boiling a BUNCH of vegetables. In addition to the shakes/broth, you eat unlimited vegetables and brown rice with lunch and dinner. You get 4 oz. of meat/fish at dinner and a cup each of papaya and pineapple each day.

I started it yesterday and actually got so full I couldn't eat dinner; I think it was from the flax oil and seeds in the shakes. The ingredients weren't that expensive, and the only supplements suggested were chlorophyll (to repel body odor/bad breath from detoxing) and senna (in case of constipation).

I love that it is only a week and that it is so healthy, plus all the digestive enzymes from the fruit have to help get rid of the gut bloat I am toting around

I plan to start the Extreme Fat Smash after I get through with this, but it seems like a great idea to 'get ready' for a diet/lifestyle change. The ladies in his study lost from 5-20 lbs. in the 7 days. I can see if you had a lot to lose and had been eating really unhealthy before this that you could lose the 20 lbs. like the one gal did, just from unhealthy water retention and toxic colon buildup.

Yesterday I didn't take the senna, but I probably will the last 6 days just to 'clear out' as much as I can

I am following it to the letter with ONE exception- coffee I have decided I can't give it up, so I have to have one cup with cream and sweet-n-low in the morning. Other than that though, I am going to stick like glue. He does allow green tea, but I forgot to buy that, which would have been a good substitute for the coffee.

If anyone else is doing this, I'd love to hear from you!
***************I left my copy on the plane last week. I have not been able to obtain a copy of the article. would you email a copy to me please. I really want to do this diet.********************
desperateDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/164.5/128

Height: 5 ft

***************I left my copy on the plane last week. I have not been able to obtain a copy of the article. would you email a copy to me please. I really want to do this diet.********************
desperateDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 AM   #9  
Proud mom of two

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperateDot View Post
I am so sorry, but I no longer have this
We are getting our house ready to show (we listed it for sale last week) and I have trashed soooo much stuff. I probably kept that, but it is in storage in who knows what box.

Maybe if you went to their website or called their customer service, you could get a copy of the issue? Maybe your library subscribes and has back issues?

Good luck to you; I think it is a wonderful 'start' to any diet. I am now using Weight Watchers and am really able to do well with the cravings, etc. which I attribute to the 7 day 'pre'-diet.