Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #1  

Default No Carbonated Beverage Challenge

Whether you call it pop, or soda, or if it is diet or regular for some of us it doesn't really fit into our healthier lives. So here's a challenge, we'll post our streak of days without the bubbly stuff and see how long we can last.

For me personally I can't drink diet b/c I can't have artificial sweeteners. Mt dew is my afternoon pick me up, but a can has turned into a bottle into two bottles into my secret stash of 24 ounce 6 packs in the veggie crispers in the fridge at work. I order out constantly. I am a gatoraid junkie as well, but I am starting with the Dew. I will still allow myself sweetened, flavored beverages just no pop.

Anyone with me?
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:26 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I never drink soda anymore! Its always water, tea, or coffee for me So this won't be much of a challenge!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hey Misty! count me in! I was just telling my DH that I have to lay off sodas!!! I am a diet pepsi/diet mt. dew freak!!!! I drink way way too much! This last week, I have started to drink a lot of water and the generic version of the crystal lite packets that you add to your water bottle. My fav. is the morning orange breakfast drink from Wal-Mart!
Anyways.........I'll keep you posted too!

PS - Misty - I hope I didn't offend you on my other post, I really was trying to be helpful!!!! I'm behind you 100% girl!!! Good Luck! And, did you sleep on the job situation over the weekend and make any decisions?
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #4  
jeanne

Thanx Lori! I'll check out some of those threads! Probably the 40 - 50's! Ahhhhhh! lol, so just kidding!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #5  

I haven't touched a soda since April 1 I did just buy two though... *blush* They're japanese imported soda, however, so it's not a normal occurence for me - and I'm saving them for a special occasion!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #6  

YAY! Thanks for joining me Jeanne! You did not offend me in anyway. I just got to thinking that here I am whining about my job when there is so much worse out there. I lived a blessed life. It would take a lot to offend me!

WAY TO GO LORI and NICOLE! You are both an inspiration!

I made it through a day at work. I have a caffeine headache, or maybe it's a trapped in a room with 6 kids that sounded like 50 kids on a hot summer's day headache.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #7  

Day 1 officially down. Onto day two! I even drank 10 cups of water yesterday!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #8  
jeanne

Hi! Day one down for me as well! NO SODA yesterday at all! Woooosh! It was tough - but - that challenge was weighing on me! Yay!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:24 AM   #9  

Day Two down! The Pepsi in the fridge at work is KILLING me! I'm not typically a Pepsi drinker but all those shiny blue cans all lined up for the taking were so tempting! But I stocked the veggie crisper with water and drank 10 cups yesterday! I did have a sweetened tea, but it's not pop! Besides after seeing the scale today I don't know that I'll buy that any more either!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #10  
jeanne

I made it through day two as well with only 1/4 of a diet coke! I really really tried, but I had an upset stomach all day. I don't usually drink coke products - I'm a diet pepsi girl all the way - well anyways, because of the challenge I went into SubWay beside where I work and chose diet coke, because I knew I would only drink a little bit! So....................this is really big for me!
Misty - I love sweet tea! Have you tried McDonalds Sweet Tea - if you haven't - DON'T! lol! It is really good! Do you like the diet sweet teas? I personally like fresh brewed with lemon and sweetner when it comes to ice tea.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #11  
jeanne

Well we had to be at the hosptial at 6:00 a.m. this morning because DH had minor surgery. He is doing well. It was outpatient and we are home! However, I went to the vending machine for a bottle of water and came back with a diet pepsi! And........I drank every last drop! Ahhhhh! I was doing so well, but I was restless!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #12  

I hope DH is doing ok. Great job at Subway!

I don't like McD's sweet tea. It's too sweet. I can't have anything diet. Splenda, Nutrasweet ect give me migraines. I am trying to adapt myself to plain tea again. I used to drink plain iced tea a lot. I ordered it when we went out to dinner on Wednesday and Today at Lunch.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #13  

I MADE IT A WHOLE WEEK! Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh Insert Dancing Llama here...seriously why don't we have a dancing Llama? Ok I guess a broccoli will have to do or maybe a cow I guess that's closer to a Llama

So yeah anyway I made it a week.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #14  
jeanne

Yay Misty!!!!!! And look what I found for you
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...lama0wl1rc.gif
it's suppose to be a dancing lalma
heehee!

I did extremely well - I didn't make it cold turkey so to speak - but definately drank a lot less soda than usual!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:12 AM   #15  

JEANNE I LOVE IT!!!!!

Great job to you too. Just cutting back is a big step. I had a rough day yesterday. It was so hot. I was really grumpy, we were short staffed b/c the college kids have left our director had the day off and one of the nursery workers went home with a migraine. But I made it! Monday will be two weeks!