Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #1  
Future Derby Girl

S/C/G: 225/223/135

Default looking for buddies with similiar goals....

Fist off I want to say that I love this group I found it today and thought it was amazing.... long story short I need to lose weight....hence the reason I am on here...lol.... I was losing weight for my wedding and well another long story short I called off the wedding due to infidelity.....and I gained back the weight loss for the wedding and more... I am not ashamed to say how much I weight, I hit 195 after the break up. I went to the Dr. a few weeks ago and I have a condition that causes infertility but I can manage it through weight loss and go on to have perfectly healthy babies I want to lose 50 lbs in the next year. I will be returning to college then and I really want to be the cute emo girl all the emo guys turn around and look at...lol. I am looking for people who have similiar goals and want to begin a year long journey of hope with me.....
Old 08-11-2007, 02:11 PM   #2  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

awwww an emo girl, so cute! i'll be your weightless buddy! i've got about 40 lbs to go myself. we can compare menus and exercise schedules to keep each other on track if you'd like, it'll be fun!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Seems we all have similar goals! lol

I'm looking to lose a good 50lbs more as well, I want to pick up Hoop Dancing. I just cant afford a hoop yet! lol

I have type one diabetes so it is very hard for me to lose weight. It can be really tough!

You have my support as well
Old 08-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #4  
Future Derby Girl

I cant wait... I have been putting this off forever...and was like ok I need to do this now or never so i can enjoy life...
Old 08-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #5  
Mango Empress

i totaly understand. i've been big my entire life, and it's been such a downer for me! the more weight i loose the better i feel. i'm sure it's the same for everyone else. the great thing about this place is we can support each other threw it!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #6  
Future Derby Girl

hey does everyone want to update on the week like as far as weight and new excersice goals on like friday???
Old 08-12-2007, 04:07 PM   #7  
Future Derby Girl

want to have a short term goal like say for maybe Thanksgiving
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #8  
Mango Empress

i think Friday sounds great! i'm getting married on October 13th, my goal is to be down to 165lb by then.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #9  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi!

Can I join in too? Although I had to look up what an "emo girl" was - I'm 40 now and it wasn't in my vocabulary. Sounds like my dress (and maybe music) from college days in Leeds though (tooooo long ago). I'm in Canada now and have just over 40lbs left to go.

Jax
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #10  
Mango Empress

of coarse you can join silly! the more the merrier!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #11  
Future Derby Girl

ok so Fridays it is...what is everyone doing for exercise.... me and a friend are trying to start out with 100 min a week and adding min every week until we feel like we are at a good point.

Also what is everyones biggest hindrance to losing weight? I work in fast food so that is really killing me.... I work at Dairy Queen so all the wonderful smelling fried food is a real killer...not to mention the blizzards....lol

I am really pumped to lose the weight though, I feel like for the first time I can do this
Old 08-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #12  
Future Derby Girl

oh yeah for the short term goal maybe we could all set a goal for Oct. 13 so everyone is in on the mini goal of mangokitty's wedding weight
Old 08-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

wow we have a similar goal completly , i want to be that cute emo girl at school too, although in my pic cause its my acting pic you cant tell ha ha . LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 AM   #14  
Mango Empress

ok for exorcise in the mornings i run/walk three times a week (run 2 min, walk 1 min) for 20 min. the days in between i walk between 30-60 min. in the mornings. in the afternoons i usually do my cheesy 1 dollar workout video for 20 min. 5 days a week, i take the weekends off.

my biggest hindrance is definitely my husband. he's got a belly on him but refuses to do anything about it and is constantly on the hunt for cookies and ice cream! i love him to death but it's so hard when he's eating all that junk in front of me! even harder when he tries to get me to eat it too!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 AM   #15  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Cool

For exercise I walk or run - recently it's been mostly walk, but when the boys (I have 3) are back in school at the end of this month there will be more running. Three days a week I do one of the "Get Ripped" DVDs by Jari Love - it uses weights with lots of reps, and I like it (it's one hour or so). I'm considering joining a gym in the fall but since it's a 40km drive to town, I'm not sure. I walk the dogs every day, but it's not always at much speed - we have a new puppy who doesn't walk that well yet. I keep tripping over him.

I have a goal of not being overweight (155 or less, by BMI) by my birthday on November 10, that's 12 weeks away and I have 20lbs to go. So if I follow a linear path (which I won't!) there's just over 8 weeks to mangokitty's wedding, a goal of 14-15lbs lost by then seems reasonable. So I'll aim for 160/1 or less by Oct 13.

I'm not sure what my biggest hindrance is, other than me! DH is supportive but is one of those people who doesn't gain weight, works in a very physical job (construction) and eats lots. So he does like to have junk around.

Jax
Closed Thread