Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #1  

Unhappy New -- NutriSytem Q's & PHYTOLACCA BERRY's

Hi there:

A little bit about myself. I was slightly overweight in my teens to early 20s, then I was able to exercise for 3 hours a day and lose massive amounts of weight getting to my goal weight of 120-135lbs.

I have since decided to change careers and am back in school. I work full-time and have married. I have little time to exercise and I have changed my eating habbits terribly. I have more fun with my husband then ever and maintaining weight has not become a priority. I am taking female hormones so I am not to become pregnant. Okay, the beginning of my weight gain!!! It took nearly 2 years to become overweight.

I have decided to try NutriSystem and know little about it. I also have asked if anyone heard of the herb PHYTOLACCA BERRY's. I have never had a problem being overweight and now it is affecting me personally. My sex life is great, my husband love's that I am bigger, but I want to be thinner. I have tried on my own and have been unsuccessful. I just don't want to diet anymore.

Also, I have diabetes, heart condition, etc. in my family only from wrong nutrition. I used to be able to eat a salad and brocolli for lunch and dinner. I just cannot stand it anymore. I thought that with a controlling program I would would be better of. My husband saids you are beautiful and that is the way God wants you!!!

Anyone out there have any suggestions. Also, any opinions on the NutriSystem. I looked at the costs and that maybe a factor but I can make adjustments in spending!!!

God Bless,
Ginger
gingerrogers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Ginger I'm sure the others can help you with info on Nutrisystem, but I wanted to comment on the phytolacca berry. You'll find a lot of sites selling it that claim it works but there are no studies showing it helps weight loss. However, the ingredients may be toxic. Please don't take it until further information is known.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Default Hi there

Hi Ginger,

Unfortunately there isn't a magic pill out there.
Gosh if there was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Herbs are natural, but they aren't tested enough, and are not approved by the FDA, herbs cause problems with prescription medications a lot of times.

IF you take herbs and you have to have surgery or something tell the surgeon, some can cause excess bleeding etc, things that will cause much more risk with the surgery.

Water is a diet miracle, as is protein and veggies and fiber!!!!!!!!
And EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many women have lost their lives or have heart problems because of diet teas, or pills, or herbs....

opium is a natural herb too, but very unsafe....

You are so special and so wonderful,
don't harm yourself.

*hugs*

come on over to the Nutrisystem ladies losing weight together thread,
we'd love to have you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless

Jenny
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:53 AM   #4  

Default Thanks for the Invite Jenny

Dear Jenny:

I wasn't able to find the thread for NutriSystem. I will try a few other places and see if I can locate it.

Thanks for the kind words...

God Bless,
Ginger
Old 08-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #5  

Default Suzanne -- Thanks

Dear Suzanne:

I am not one for herbs or anything of that nature. But I was told that this particulary one was given to women after they had a baby to help with baby fat. I don't want to use pills or anything of that nature. I do however take calcium, vitamin c, muli-vitamin and fish oil and have gotten great results. There were approved by my doctor. As for Fish Oil I believe it isn't FDA approved but my goodness it has helped me wonderfully. Lowing my pressure and cholesterol or I should say helped me maintain !!!

Old 08-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89314

i think this should take you there,
it is right next to your thread!!!

It sounds like you have an awesome husband*hugs*
what a blessing.
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #7  

Ginger, I think you're on the right track to achieving the body you always wanted, because you've got a positive attitude to start with. And you also have a wonderful husband, from what I can tell. Take care!

Last edited by KillTheBuzz; 08-10-2007 at 01:39 PM.
KillTheBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #8  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Hi Ginger,
Just wanted to comment on Nutrisystem.
I started it two weeks ago and have lost 6lbs so far.
I had a baby 8 months ago and had been having trouble getting rid of the baby weight so decided to try NS. So far it has been great - only a few foods that I wouldn't order again - but other than a few items everything I have eaten has been good and filling!!

Good luck with your decision - I am sure you will sort out what is best for you!
skyootr is offline   Reply With Quote